favorite team, or teams for any reason?
7/3/2015 11:26 PM
Cardinals.  Because I found out the Avengers were fictional.
7/4/2015 3:32 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
My grandpa cheered for Babe Ruth, my mother for Joe Dimaggio, my brother for Mickey Mantle. I would be very critical of the, let's say, business model the Yankees have followed at times, but the team remains part of my DNA. My daughter roots for the Italian national soccer team. But also for the Yankees. Or she is grounded.
7/4/2015 7:58 AM
The 'Team the Saved Baseball' - the Minnesota Twins!

I loved showing up early at the Metrodome, getting front row GA seats on the lower deck, heckling the LF (Carlos Lee probably wished me dead), and whenever Denny Hocking came to bat entering to the theme music of 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin.
7/4/2015 11:06 AM
I bleed pinstripes.  I'm the youngest of four boys, born in 1961.  It was the year the Angels were born, 20 minutes away and far and away the team I've seen live the most, but growing up in the sixties with older brothers who were Yankee fans (it's who you rooted for in the MLB-less 1950s West Coast) I had no choice.  It's in my DNA.

Although watching Nolan Ryan pitch live, oh my god ...
7/4/2015 11:31 AM
The Boston Red Sox, proudly.  My dad starting going to Fenway Park in 1948, he saw the heartbreaking losses in '48 and '49, went to the 1967 and 1975 World Series (catching games in STL and CIN, not just BOS), took me to my first game in 1976 (saw Hank Aaron play for the Brewers at Fenway).

Yes, it was in the blood from the get-go.  I've lived in the DC area for almost 20 years now, but my affection for the Olde Towne Team remains diehard.  My dad's still kicking at age 81, watches every game from his living room in Massachusetts.  I'm honored and delighted that he lived to see 3 championships for the team he has loved for more than six decades.
7/4/2015 11:50 AM
The Yankees. I think most people tend to root for the team their Dad roots for in baseball. And I'm okay with that reasoning. It is a nice bonus they have the richest history in the game and with the exception of the CBS era have been dedicated to winning world series titles their entire history.
7/4/2015 1:23 PM
Posted by cwillis802 on 7/4/2015 1:23:00 PM (view original):
The Yankees. I think most people tend to root for the team their Dad roots for in baseball. And I'm okay with that reasoning. It is a nice bonus they have the richest history in the game and with the exception of the CBS era have been dedicated to winning world series titles their entire history.
I certainly follow that trend of rooting with dad. My dad taught me about baseball as a kid, and he grew up rooting for Detroit. So, although I've lived in Texas most of my life, I find the Tigers team #1 and the Rangers still #2.
7/4/2015 4:04 PM
i grew up in minneapolis was 5 years old in 65 when the twins went to the world series against the dodgers don't remember much of the series but do remember reading the box scores looking for what oliva.killbrew,allison and my favorite name ever in baseball zoilo versalles did in the game yesterday.  Diehard twins forever
7/4/2015 6:51 PM
fenway, green, summer, 1st time I went in, couldn't believe where I was,,,jim rice and yaz,,,
7/4/2015 7:09 PM
respect , and know the yanks,, never, make me like em
7/4/2015 7:21 PM
cept the babe,,maybe
7/4/2015 7:22 PM
Spent my summer youth in Wild Bill Hagy's Section 34 at Memorial Stadium, witnessing the birth of Oriole Magic, chanting "Eddie, Eddie" at the tops of our lungs. We even could hear the cheers from Orioles HRs and Colts TDs in our backyard, 3 miles away. I was 10 in '79 when the O's lost to the Pirates in the World Series. My dad would leave the final score by my bedside, and I'd wake up in the middle of the night to find out the score. I remember the heartbreak of the final game... Forever cementing my love of the Orioles and hatred of everything Pittsburgh.

I made it to all four of the O's home playoff games last year. Hard to believe, but last year was my first ever time attending an ALCS game.
7/5/2015 9:50 AM
have a good pal, an orioles guy, boy those pitching staffs
7/5/2015 1:54 PM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.