how do you consistently beat human users Topic

I get beat by teams that Im better than all the time. I understand having a good defense helps and mismatches. For me lately I don't get it. I go +2 because they have 2 80+ perimeter guys making all their points. I get beat. The next time I say <profanity>fuck</profanity> it and go -2 to just dominate the inside still get beat. I go to 0 and play neutral and it works for one half then I get smoked the second half. I changed my practice plan to give me better IQ but if that doesn't work I quit. Basketball makes no sense. Football simulation is simple.
7/4/2015 10:10 AM
It's true that this game isn't simple.  You're right about that.

Looking at your schedule, I see a mix of wins and losses against humans.  You won when favored and when you were the underdog, and lost in both situations too.  It happens.

If you were to fix one thing it would be the defense, as you noted early in your post.  You're just not going to win consistently with Defense ratings in the 30s and 40s.
7/4/2015 10:51 AM
The plus 1/plus 2 pertain to 3's, only. Try reading some of the interviews on the forum to get a better understanding of how the engine works.
Good luck.
7/4/2015 10:52 AM
Just a few quick things.

Are you putting practice time into 2 offenses(motion/triangle) if so thats not a great idea, you can do 2 defenses sometimes(I personally don't), but 2 offenses is a waste.  How much time are you putting into IQ, its best to put 20-25(some might say 15-18, but I think it takes to long to get great IQ's I personally put 25 into my offense and defense.

The humans you are scheduling are really tough, I wouldn't schedule those teams with your current roster they are guaranteed losses.(specifically the 5th, 12th, and 17th rpi teams, and then scheduling coaches like dan, bond, and tarv for next season).  Those are the teams you play when you are elite otherwise you are just going to lose.

Another thing is you aren't recruiting good guards, which is important in the motion.  Your guards are very low speed.  You want to at least get 60 speed and I personally won't go under 70 speed for a guard.  This especially hurts in the press as speed is very important in the press defense.  With the guards you're not also getting good bh/pas combo's, Menchaca has great bh/pas but horrendous speed, and would make a above average SF/PF, but not a true PG.  Moore has good ratings, but the 29 bh is devastatingly bad.

You recruit above average big men, so if you can start to get some decent guards you have a NT team that will usually be knocked out 1st/2nd round.
7/4/2015 10:53 AM

1. game planning only works around the edges.  The most important question is how good your team is.  If your guys have weak defensive ratings and speed, it doesnt matter how you game plan

2. game planning - and the game generally - is about probabilities.  The better team will usually win.  The better strategy will usually help.  But, in any given game or half or handful of games ya never know

3.  if the game was easy and simple and predictable it would be no fun
7/4/2015 6:51 PM
Thanks everyone I'm trying to move to the triangle. It suits my recruiting better than motion. I'm trying to get better guards but it's tough. I'm putting 20 into each formation triangle and press I'm going to try 25 in each next season I'm just trying to figure it out because it doesn't make sense to me. I know sometimes your team will be young but when they are good I want to win
7/4/2015 7:44 PM
Posted by raider45638 on 7/4/2015 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Thanks everyone I'm trying to move to the triangle. It suits my recruiting better than motion. I'm trying to get better guards but it's tough. I'm putting 20 into each formation triangle and press I'm going to try 25 in each next season I'm just trying to figure it out because it doesn't make sense to me. I know sometimes your team will be young but when they are good I want to win
With the triangle offense it is very important to get elite scorers whether LP/PER otherwise it can be harder to score than having a bunch of average offensive players running the motion or fastbreak..
7/4/2015 10:15 PM
Triangle/press is a tough combo to pull off. Triangle requires great offensive skill and does not require great athleticism. Press requires great athleticism. To be good at both, you'll have to be great athletically and skill wise. Totally possible, and you'll dominate if you do, but the margin for error is much thinner. I prefer to pair triangle with M2M, fwiw.
7/5/2015 9:30 AM
how do you consistently beat human users Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.