Knight World (D3) - Season 85 Topic

What'chya got for us this year 0nly?
7/7/2015 9:50 PM
nothing yet, will put my final four predictions up when recruiting ends, maybe I'll try to add in a new thing besides just that?
7/9/2015 9:45 AM
That thread from Knight's last season was pretty neat, how come none this year only & ld?

The "obvious" ------>

* Looks like So Cal Conference is pound for pound, by far the best conference in the nation.
* It's a battle between (seemingly) about 8 coaches that can win it every year (perhaps fewer).
* Final 4 Prediction (not so obvious): {Cranklin, Hollow-rado, Shitworth, CMHMS(-HMCMHMSCMS)
7/15/2015 10:45 AM
Hopefully my f4 prediction doesn't jinx me but here it goes.
Franklin
Manchester
Greensboro
Texas Tyler( this may be a surprise to some but I like his team a lot... Nearly put Westminster in but thought it would look awful bias to have 3 heartland teams)
GL everybody!
7/15/2015 12:44 PM
I'm going to go with Franklin, Greensboro, Colorado, and my wildcard, Rochester Tech. Have them next and they are a pretty solid team
7/15/2015 12:51 PM
Editted for formatting, to make it easier to read at the bottom

Haha, fell asleep early last night before I got around to writing this, so hopefully 1 game into the season isnt a big deal.

Final Four Predictions:

Franklin
taggl
30-2
10-0
15-1
5-1
16-0
A+
Conf Champion
CT Champion
NT (Sweet 16)

The most obvious choice, and my personally odds on favorite to win the NC.  S16 big and #3 rpi with no seniors, and everyone returning including 9 upperclassmen.  5 players capable of hitting 3 pointers.  Elite rebounder in Burley.  They were 41 point favs over Dickinson and mfnmeyers and won by 35.  That’s not a crap coach and team, that’s a team top 25 in rpi since season 76 with 4 top 10 rpi finishes.  Taggl has been a bit of a unlucky letdown in postseason play with nothing better than a S16 for how good of a regular season team they are with 5 top 10 rpi finishes(#2 twice) and 6 top 10 sos’s with #1 3 times.  Honestly the back-ups could be a top 10 team.  It’s really hard to not say undefeated, but as they will undoubtedly have a top 5 sos if not #1 it is a bit risky to say so.
Predicted record(yes I get 1 free gimme lol):  35-0(yes they are my undefeated National Champs)  I usually don’t make post season predictions, but really is one of the better teams I’ve seen around.  Taggl is a coach on a hot streak with his teams.  Only teams that stand a chance are: Mississippi College, Greensboro, and Manchester.  All I would hugely favor Franklin.
Colorado
Ldhmnh
31-4
7-2
15-2
9-0
15-1
A+
Conf Champion
CT Champion
National Champion

Another coach and team that has been on a super dominant stretch.  Colorado returns some freaking fast players, all 4 seniors 80+ speed.  Big men are a little on the weak side, but the guards will destroy 99% of all teams here, another team that is super great in the regular season and should battle taggl for #1 rpi/sos however it will be harder to get that undefeated record with the toughest conference play.  Only worrisome is the defense of some of the backups being low even with elite speed might get that random simulation with a ton of committed fouls.
Predicted record: 24-2(15-1) I might be predicting too many losses, but I’ll say Mississippi College and CMHMS both pull upsets.
Manchester
Mattster24
21-9
7-1
12-6
2-2
11-5

A+
NT At-large Bid
NT (2nd Round)

Recruited very well for the flex/zone combo and was in the final four 2 seasons ago, looks like another good chance with an elite perimeter player in Gallenstein to carry the offense with 86 spd 92 per 79 bh and 87 pas.  A big time big man in Floyd with 56 ath 37 spd 99 reb 65 def  67 sb and 90 lp.  The elite starters will get heavy playing time with the zone and nice stamina.  Insane 94 point favorites in their first mathup.  Only thing I’d like is a bit more passing at the 2 and more bh at the 3.  Floyd could have some better sb rating for an anchor in the 2-3, but it isn’t enough to worry me and drop them from F4 predictions yet.
Predicted record: 22-4 (12-4) runs through non-conf but Franklin twice is 2 clear losses.  Think Anderson will split the 2 games 1-1. Then you have a few close games with Waynesburg, Westminister(PA), and Hanover.  Think Westminister is the toughest of the 3, however the fb/press verse zone I’d say gives Manchester the adv and takes that game.

This last spot is hard to pick, I clealy think taggl and ld are a step above everyone.  Then there is the group of great coaches that always do well year in and out, but none of those teams really like they have have the roster to take that next step up and will rely on great rosters with elite coaching compared to elite rosters and elite coaching that taggl and ld possess.  I think the great roster and elite coaching is where Mattster falls with a few others, but not sure who is able going to have the ability to take that good/great roster and coach it to a final four, some candidates I have been looking at are: Mississippi College(deuce_deuce)  I’m leaning towards them, but the bh/pas is a little low for a fb/press team.  Similar with Curry(piman34) whose team is even more lacking in bh/pas.  Webester is always tough and has a big jr/so class, but a bit lower ath/def for a F4 team.  Aejones and CMHMS look nice as well with Shear probably going to lead the nation in scoring in aejones small distro triangle offense.  I know there was a fire in him last season and he coached to the NC game with wins over teams no-one else could’ve beaten with his roster.  WIS likes PBA, but I don’t and recent NT success has been lacking.  You also have a few elite coaches in down years with Becker(carlbuzz) NYU(tj) and Drew(dtm) all not looking to do more than get to the NT.  I don’t see any newcomer coaches yet that have just finished rebuilding and could surprise.  Maybe CSU Eastbay with crushthebean could be that team.

For the last final four spot I’ll go with Mississippi College(and of course now watch aejones try and win the whole thing since I didn’t pick his team).  However the fb/press has been strong in Knight and MC has the elite ath/spd/def that means that they will be very strong, the bh/pas is low with the guards in the 50’s or high 60’s but low pass.
Predicted record: 24-2 (16-0) only losses are ld and taggl, otherwise they breeze through every game.  CCNY I have no idea why they are #2 and Upper Iowa is heavy so/fr to be able to compete.

Personally I’m basically done with my rebuild at McMurray now with my Jr/Fr set-up done in my 3rd season now.  However I was waiting for a C to dropdown and was on vacation so I forgot and didn’t pulldown either as I had about 3K left, but took a walk-on when I could’ve easily gotten the guy and he went juco.  Oh well, I’ll just grab a sophomore recruit next season hopefully or take another walkon and grab a juco in 2 seasons to keep the 6-0-6.  My rosters okay probably not more than 1st/2nd round team especially with 5 freshmen and 6 juniors.  Next season I’m hoping for 2nd round/S16 ability.
7/22/2015 12:17 AM (edited)
This season don't sleep on Keene.
7/15/2015 2:22 PM
Knight (D3) Coaching Records (Past 2 Seasons - not including current season) *No particular order

• taggl: (51-11)
  • worldofnoah: (57-11)
  • mattster: (49-15)
  • piman: (58-5)
  • ldhmnh: (61-6)
  • barney: (52-11)
  • aejones: (54-12)

I could be forgetting someone with a similar record, but I chose the coaches that have teams in the Top 20 again this year.  Pretty impressive to be able to do it year after year.  
7/15/2015 3:19 PM
I've lost to Franklin and Greensboro all ready.....Greensboro is really good, Franklin is REALLY good.
7/15/2015 9:14 PM
Posted by Beefy_dump on 7/15/2015 3:19:00 PM (view original):
Knight (D3) Coaching Records (Past 2 Seasons - not including current season) *No particular order

• taggl: (51-11)
  • worldofnoah: (57-11)
  • mattster: (49-15)
  • piman: (58-5)
  • ldhmnh: (61-6)
  • barney: (52-11)
  • aejones: (54-12)

I could be forgetting someone with a similar record, but I chose the coaches that have teams in the Top 20 again this year.  Pretty impressive to be able to do it year after year.  
NYU is 53-10 but we are certainly not a top 10 team this year.
7/15/2015 9:15 PM
I am 59-7 at La Grange over the past 2 seasons and currently ranked #7. 
7/17/2015 12:44 AM
Well I think I am 4 games away from what should be either a 1 or 2 loss season max.
7/17/2015 2:11 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 7/17/2015 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Well I think I am 4 games away from what should be either a 1 or 2 loss season max.
I'd be surprised if you lost any games at all, you should be the favorite in all, the only 2 humans left on your schedule you are much better than.  It comes down to not getting upset by a heavy upper classmen sim squad like plymouth who you should beat easily.
7/17/2015 3:11 PM
Yeah, last year I dropped one conference game, one non-conference and then lost to Curry in the first round. I actually had zero changes on my squad. Using the same lineup etc. my team defense is by all account crazy good. 41.7 ppg allowed is way better than the around 51 last year and I was 2nd overall behind Carnegie Mellon.
7/17/2015 3:14 PM
That's a really good team, beachhouse. Your team is legit!
7/17/2015 9:17 PM
1234 Next ▸
Knight World (D3) - Season 85 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.