I'm siding with gg on this one. Sorry wylie, but you are a boomer
3/3/2022 1:49 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 3/3/2022 12:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 3/2/2022 10:26:00 PM (view original):
I find it quite interesting how mainstream, npc liberals like y'all can be so self-righteously sure that you're right while being 100% wrong and historically ignorant. A very interesting case study! I will keep posting here to learn more.

Jetson is an especially interesting specimen. If he's in his early to mid 20's I think there's a real chance he's intellectually curious enough to grow out of his npc leftism. If he's in his 30s, however, it's probably too late.

Tang seems like a real nice guy who will never, ever doubt his (unfortunately) incredibly mistaken worldview.

Wylie is a boomer.
Ouch! That hurts! NOT! I am technically a boomer. So what? Does that invalidate my opinions? You know absolutely nothing (or close to it) about me, so whatever you think of me is meaningless, just like most of the other **** you post!
Called it.

My PHD in the Dostoyevsky school of psychology hits again.
3/3/2022 2:11 PM
Spot on re Tangplay.
3/3/2022 2:16 PM
Posted by tangplay on 3/3/2022 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Didn't I just admit I was a boomer? Who cares? Not me.
3/3/2022 4:34 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 3/3/2022 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 3/3/2022 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Didn't I just admit I was a boomer? Who cares? Not me.
Yeah, who cares LOL.
3/3/2022 4:57 PM
BTW, I speak mostly of what I myself have experienced. As much as it may seem like it sometimes, I don't look down on npc leftists. I too was once an npc leftist. It's hard not to be if you go through the American education system (in the past 30 years) and you are intellectually sensitive enough.

Veteran posters can attest. I haunted these forums in the mid to late 00s as a teenager and one nickname, well-deserved, given to me was that of "whiteguilt567". I hated Republicans and was so sure of the intellectual inferiority of conservatives. Because, duh, professors are smart and liberal amd rednecks are dumb and conservative. How could everyone not see it?

How sure of myself I was! How I knew I was on the side of good and truth. In this secular age, our ideology becomes our religion. It was for me! Blue the holy color of justice!

But oh, once I started thinking for myself, truly, and not just in our popular understanding of that act - did I realize how wrong I was! And I'm still not sure I'm right. But that lack of certainty is what puts me in opposition to the modern left. People without the creative capacity or humility to imagine that there's even a 1% chance that their worldview is founded on lies...
3/3/2022 5:04 PM (edited)
I count far right and mainstream right and right to center and the converse for the left and then dead center as the 7 areas of political leanings.

I stay away from calling everybody not on the right a lefty.
It is false and immature.
In fact very immature and devisive.

I am an issue by issue person and depending on the issue I may fall anywhere in the 7 places.

I despise exaggeration and dumb stereotyping of peoples opinions as if everybody falls into 2 homogenous groups from center to left side being all the way to left.

Get it?
3/3/2022 5:38 PM (edited)
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 3/3/2022 5:04:00 PM (view original):
BTW, I speak mostly of what I myself have experienced. As much as it may seem like it sometimes, I don't look down on npc leftists. I too was once an npc leftist. It's hard not to be if you go through the American education system (in the past 30 years) and you are intellectually sensitive enough.

Veteran posters can attest. I haunted these forums in the mid to late 00s as a teenager and one nickname, well-deserved, given to me was that of "whiteguilt567". I hated Republicans and was so sure of the intellectual inferiority of conservatives. Because, duh, professors are smart and liberal amd rednecks are dumb and conservative. How could everyone not see it?

How sure of myself I was! How I knew I was on the side of good and truth. In this secular age, our ideology becomes our religion. It was for me! Blue the holy color of justice!

But oh, once I started thinking for myself, truly, and not just in our popular understanding of that act - did I realize how wrong I was! And I'm still not sure I'm right. But that lack of certainty is what puts me in opposition to the modern left. People without the creative capacity or humility to imagine that there's even a 1% chance that their worldview is founded on lies...
Is it possible, in your view, for someone to be a "mainstream liberal" and also be introspective/think for themselves?
3/3/2022 7:25 PM
Posted by tangplay on 3/3/2022 7:25:00 PM (view original):

Is it possible, in your view, for someone to be a "mainstream liberal" and also be introspective/think for themselves?
When he tells you the answer let us all know.
We are on pins and needles.
3/3/2022 7:57 PM
Zelensky is trying to cause WW III.
3/3/2022 10:56 PM
As a conservative, I believe in personal responsibility, specifically for leaders of nations who choose to invade another country.
3/3/2022 11:07 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 3/3/2022 7:57:00 PM (view original):

When he tells you the answer let us all know.
We are on pins and needles.
he won't answer, but if you disagree with GG, you obviously can't think for yourself!
3/4/2022 1:24 AM

If such a person's answer to the question "can a man become pregnant" is in the affirmative, then, no, I don't believe "thinking for oneself" is occurring.
3/4/2022 8:51 AM
Not sure that is really an answer
3/4/2022 7:59 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 3/4/2022 8:51:00 AM (view original):

If such a person's answer to the question "can a man become pregnant" is in the affirmative, then, no, I don't believe "thinking for oneself" is occurring.
That's not answer, but whatever.

It's actually super funny because appeals to intuition/common sense is a classic way of avoiding critical thinking about an issue.
3/4/2022 11:34 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.