Even if I were to accept the argument that Uofa is dumb, or whatever, the conservatives around here are repped by Doug and LostnFound lmaooo
3/6/2022 2:10 PM
Posted by tangplay on 3/6/2022 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Even if I were to accept the argument that Uofa is dumb, or whatever, the conservatives around here are repped by Doug and LostnFound lmaooo
"...UofA is dumb." - Tang, 3/6/22

Glad we can find some common ground!
3/6/2022 2:33 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 3/6/2022 12:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 3/6/2022 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 3/6/2022 10:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 3/3/2022 5:04:00 PM (view original):
BTW, I speak mostly of what I myself have experienced. As much as it may seem like it sometimes, I don't look down on npc leftists. I too was once an npc leftist. It's hard not to be if you go through the American education system (in the past 30 years) and you are intellectually sensitive enough.

Veteran posters can attest. I haunted these forums in the mid to late 00s as a teenager and one nickname, well-deserved, given to me was that of "whiteguilt567". I hated Republicans and was so sure of the intellectual inferiority of conservatives. Because, duh, professors are smart and liberal amd rednecks are dumb and conservative. How could everyone not see it?

How sure of myself I was! How I knew I was on the side of good and truth. In this secular age, our ideology becomes our religion. It was for me! Blue the holy color of justice!

But oh, once I started thinking for myself, truly, and not just in our popular understanding of that act - did I realize how wrong I was! And I'm still not sure I'm right. But that lack of certainty is what puts me in opposition to the modern left. People without the creative capacity or humility to imagine that there's even a 1% chance that their worldview is founded on lies...
Projection just ooooozing off this one.
I would not call it projecting.
He is really talking about himself for whatever it is worth.
UofA literally doesn't even understand what the word projection means.

To be honest, it's unfair of me to label Tang and Jetson as NPC's when there is an honest to God NPC like UofA here, mouthing all the accepted orthodoxies without even understanding them, without a single critical thought in his (they/them's ?) head.

Tang and Jetson, you should ponder what it means to have intellectual nonentities like UofA on your side! Perhaps, this will be the spur for real critical independence for you both!

Onwards, friends.

Projection is the process of displacing one’s feelings onto a different person, animal, or object. The term is most commonly used to describe defensive projection—attributing one’s own unacceptable urges to another. For example, if someone continuously bullies and ridicules a peer about his insecurities, the bullymight be projecting his own struggle with self-esteem onto the other person.

nice try as always, dip
3/6/2022 5:38 PM
The npc thing was only said by losers in 2015, btw, until they caught on that nobody gave a **** about being “insulted” by losers.

So congrats on being 7 years behind a dumb fad for, again, losers.
3/6/2022 5:41 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 3/6/2022 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 3/6/2022 2:10:00 PM (view original):
"...UofA is dumb." - Tang, 3/6/22

Glad we can find some common ground!
way to take things out of context, just like you usually do.
3/6/2022 8:34 PM
word on the street is

two russian generals killed in this fracas so far

what it might mean depends on how many stars

3/7/2022 9:29 PM
The Indians send signals from the rocks above the pass,
The cowboys take position in the bushes and the grass,
The prisoner is with the corporal and tied up to a tree,
He doesn’t mind the language, it’s the beating he don’t need,
Situation is quite dire and there are arrows in his hat,
And Davy Crockett rides around and says it’s cooool for cats.
It’s cool for cats.

They were shot by snipers.
One was very very very high up.
Big Shot.
3/7/2022 10:21 PM (edited)
very paradoxical

the US greenly refuses to pump oil

supports democracies not authorities

but green democratic EU needs oil so bad

they gonna keep on buyin oil from noted authority SSSR

very curious

i sold a gold and shorted a Q

cain wait to hear what Old Joe says
3/8/2022 11:11 AM
what took a uge & bigly hit in the last couple days is DWAC

DWAC i looked at for months. at long last bought a couple weeks ago

sold it yestiddy. took a loss

let's see what happens

DWAC == TRUMP

3/8/2022 11:26 AM
BTW, I speak mostly of what I myself have experienced. As much as it may seem like it sometimes, I don't look down on npc leftists. I too was once an npc leftist. It's hard not to be if you go through the American education system (in the past 30 years) and you are intellectually sensitive enough.

Veteran posters can attest. I haunted these forums in the mid to late 00s as a teenager and one nickname, well-deserved, given to me was that of "whiteguilt567". I hated Republicans and was so sure of the intellectual inferiority of conservatives. Because, duh, professors are smart and liberal amd rednecks are dumb and conservative. How could everyone not see it?

How sure of myself I was! How I knew I was on the side of good and truth. In this secular age, our ideology becomes our religion. It was for me! Blue the holy color of justice!

But oh, once I started thinking for myself, truly, and not just in our popular understanding of that act - did I realize how wrong I was! And I'm still not sure I'm right. But that lack of certainty is what puts me in opposition to the modern left. People without the creative capacity or humility to imagine that there's even a 1% chance that their worldview is founded on lies...

To be honest, it's unfair of me to label Tang and Jetson as NPC's when there is an honest to God NPC like UofA here, mouthing all the accepted orthodoxies without even understanding them, without a single critical thought in his (they/them's ?) head.

Tang and Jetson, you should ponder what it means to have intellectual nonentities like UofA on your side! Perhaps, this will be the spur for real critical independence for you both!

Onwards, friends.

If GG were half as smart as he thinks he is he would have laid off the "you guys can't think for yourselves" schtick on the morning he started 3 new threads with links to other people's thoughts.
3/8/2022 11:27 AM
The appeal of people like Greenwald is that they make their followers feel like they're super smart and above the intelligence of those "mainstream liberal NPCs" when in reality they're just parroting talking points from a different set of actors.

Also, gg still hasn't taken the IQ test
3/8/2022 1:52 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/8/2022 11:27:00 AM (view original):

Onwards, friends.

If GG were half as smart as he thinks he is he would have laid off the "you guys can't think for yourselves" schtick on the morning he started 3 new threads with links to other people's thoughts.
Lllooollll
3/8/2022 1:59 PM
Posted by tangplay on 3/8/2022 1:52:00 PM (view original):
The appeal of people like Greenwald is that they make their followers feel like they're super smart and above the intelligence of those "mainstream liberal NPCs" when in reality they're just parroting talking points from a different set of actors.

Also, gg still hasn't taken the IQ test
Nailed it.

Contrarianism as a guiding light is basically college dorm stuff too.
3/8/2022 2:00 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/8/2022 11:27:00 AM (view original):

Onwards, friends.

If GG was half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be the smartest person in the world!!
3/8/2022 2:33 PM
All this talk today and every day about that person is so boring and ridiculous and trite and meaningless.
How can intelligent mature people being doing this day in and day out?

I can’t believe how juvenile the non sports forum became.
3/8/2022 2:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.