Round 2 Themes, 2021 Topic

Anyone in the Hall of Fame, whether it’s a Player, Manager, or Commissioner.

I just entered my variable cap team into a 255M league until I got the SLG% right.

Keep it at 5 players, that’s the challenge of it. That’s the team that took me the longest and I’d rather not redraft again with people wanting a sixth player.

And was there a specified deadline for entering teams? I have all 6 teams done and drafted, that I likely will not touch.
9/9/2021 9:37 AM
If you're ready to go, create the leagues and send your rosters to ozomatli/schwarze for verification
9/9/2021 9:49 AM
I agree it is late to change the themes, but the slg% should be a number form the draft center, having to keep rebuilding your team blindly seems stupid to me
9/9/2021 10:04 AM
It’s just a bug from the draft center, which was fixed ahead of the BA theme from Round 1, but that broke the SLG. Also I don’t think there’s a way to verify what it looks like in the Draft Center unless everyone sent screenshots. But even that can be photoshopped
9/9/2021 10:23 AM
once the team is entered is it the slg% total team number or hitters only number?
9/9/2021 10:41 AM
I understand the feelings about not wanting to change the # of clones in the 70m league when you're team is finished. I was mainly wishing as my team build is in the early stages. I feel the same way about change to the 80m HOF theme. My team is finished without managers, the 2021 class, etc and don't really want to spend time rebuilding.
9/9/2021 11:12 AM
Regarding Bill James question above, the rules clearly say "your team's hitter's" SLG%, NOT your team's hitter's and pitcher's SLG%.
9/9/2021 11:13 AM
Since we seem to be voting on the rules interpretations:

1) Yes to 5 players in the 70M theme. It's workable, it's challenging, it's a good theme for the finals.

2) I vote yes to all HOF's including Ted Simmons, Derek Jeter and Larry Walker and managers.

3) I vote for HITTER SLG% as it appears when you enter your team in the league. A couple of tweaks to hit your target SLG% by entering your team, withdrawing your team and re-entering your team won't take long. ALSO IT'S MUCH EASIER FOR THE COMMISSIONER TO CHECK TEAMS.
9/9/2021 11:21 AM
Posted by discodemo on 9/9/2021 11:21:00 AM (view original):
Since we seem to be voting on the rules interpretations:

1) Yes to 5 players in the 70M theme. It's workable, it's challenging, it's a good theme for the finals.

2) I vote yes to all HOF's including Ted Simmons, Derek Jeter and Larry Walker and managers.

3) I vote for HITTER SLG% as it appears when you enter your team in the league. A couple of tweaks to hit your target SLG% by entering your team, withdrawing your team and re-entering your team won't take long. ALSO IT'S MUCH EASIER FOR THE COMMISSIONER TO CHECK TEAMS.
Same. Yes to existing 70 mil rules, yes to all HOFs, yes to SLG as it appears after you enter the team
9/9/2021 11:37 AM
Simplest answer for HoF is to use whoever is in the search function. Complicating things for the sake if realism isn't always a good idea.
9/9/2021 11:47 AM
1) 70M - Keep it at 5; looking forward to seeing how different each team is
2) 80M - yes to all HOFs
3) Variable - use the SLG as it appears after you enter your team

9/9/2021 12:14 PM
That seems to be the consensus on SLG. The way some of us build our teams we'll be entering and leaving leagues many times.Before we have a league # we'll just be messing with other people's leagues.Kinda silly.
9/9/2021 1:26 PM
1) 70M - Keep it at 5
2) 80M - yes to all HOFs including managers and 2021 inductees.
3) Variable - use the Hitter SLG. I don't know the difference between the draft center and loaded league SLG, so whatever is the consensus is.
9/9/2021 7:04 PM
Somebody alert the standbys. We're going to have some dropouts if this nonsense doesn't end.
9/9/2021 11:52 PM
Exactly...
9/10/2021 7:08 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...11 Next ▸
Round 2 Themes, 2021 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.