House of cards coming down. Topic

I can see that in my absence that baker remains the resident whiner.
6/27/2013 12:51 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
6/28/2013 4:48 PM
Hi rman. 

Another cartoon.

Please explain to us what you think it means and why you think it's funny.

Thanks in advance.
6/28/2013 5:03 PM
its funny because with the ultra partisanship so rampant in government its impossible to pass anything of any real consequence.  democracy is broken, the sooner we can realise this the sooner we the people (the bosses) can enact change.  But people are too busy worrying about the economy.
6/28/2013 5:19 PM
Notice I didnt blame the repugs because the dems are at fault as much too.
6/28/2013 5:23 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 6/28/2013 5:19:00 PM (view original):
its funny because with the ultra partisanship so rampant in government its impossible to pass anything of any real consequence.  democracy is broken, the sooner we can realise this the sooner we the people (the bosses) can enact change.  But people are too busy worrying about the economy.
HI GREENY!  

You're not rman. How's Canada?

I don't think rman is gonna show so if it's alright....I'll talk to you.

You think it's funny because you think it points out there is an impasse in legislation? Without legislation supported by the representatives of voters...democracy is broken?

What change do you propose? 
Why is it bad to worry about the economy?

I think the courts are out of bounds. They were supposed to interpret the Constitution but we have decades of proof where they have overstepped their bounds. First on local, then state and now Federal levels. 

Take proposition 8. A circuit court overturned the vote. The legislators seem powerless. Where is democracy?

I won't even suggest executive order at this point. We can argue that later. I suggest there is nothing wrong with a deadlock congress. In real terms...one side is progressing it's agenda. Where is democracy if the loyal opposition can't even voice an opinion?  Where is democracy when executive orders and courts overturn the peoples will?

I look forward to your reply.  The post is too big and I realize you may only be able to address one or two points. 

I am already planning my escape to Canada. 
6/28/2013 5:48 PM (edited)
Posted by DougOut on 6/28/2013 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by greeny9 on 6/28/2013 5:19:00 PM (view original):
HI GREENY!  

You're not rman. How's Canada?

I don't think rman is gonna show so if it's alright....I'll talk to you.

You think it's funny because you think it points out there is an impasse in legislation? Without legislation supported by the representatives of voters...democracy is broken?

What change do you propose? 
Why is it bad to worry about the economy?

I think the courts are out of bounds. They were supposed to interpret the Constitution but we have decades of proof where they have overstepped their bounds. First on local, then state and now Federal levels. 

Take proposition 8. A circuit court overturned the vote. The legislators seem powerless. Where is democracy?

I won't even suggest executive order at this point. We can argue that later. I suggest there is nothing wrong with a deadlock congress. In real terms...one side is progressing it's agenda. Where is democracy if the loyal opposition can't even voice an opinion?  Where is democracy when executive orders and courts overturn the peoples will?

I look forward to your reply.  The post is too big and I realize you may only be able to address one or two points. 

I am already planning my escape to Canada. 
Its funny but also not funny, because its pointing out that government is broken, and that isnt good for people.  Its good for status quo, which isnt good for people.  People are demanding change, but that change will never ever happen the way things are running now.

Im not a poli-sci grad, and i dont presume to have all the answers, how do we make parties a whole lot less strong then they are right now?  How do we make our elected officials vote according to what they think their electorate wants them to vote?  Because only a fool believes that congressmen and senators have their electorate highest in mind when they make decisions.  In fact Im of the belief that we rank awfully low on their importance scale.  Somewhere above the dirt on the bottom of their shoes, but below (and by a long shot) their retirement savings.

Its bad when its the only thing that you worry about.  To the detriment of everything else.

Really deadlock is ok?  Explain how that is a good thing exactly?

The opposition is doing much more then voicing their opinion, they are being obstructionists for obstructions sake,  

Condescending much are we?

I will make sure we close the border to your kind Douggie, we already have enough repug types up here.
6/28/2013 6:44 PM

Dougie.......I thought I made it clear to you a long time ago that I will not be responding to you at any time. I post these things I find in my travels that I find entertaining. Your opinion is of no consequences to me. I take it on faith that anything I post you will find offensive. So what?

6/28/2013 9:00 PM
6/28/2013 9:00 PM
6/28/2013 9:01 PM
6/28/2013 9:01 PM
Greenly, why is passing legislation the standard for democracy?

Nick, what did the Supreme Court do in the decision?
6/29/2013 9:02 PM
6/29/2013 11:27 PM
baker.........**** you *******!
6/29/2013 11:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...18 Next ▸
House of cards coming down. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.