2016 Presidential Race Topic

You're putting your child in a dangerous situation. In the same way you can't leave you child along in a meadow with wolves, you shouldn't have you children go without vaccinations.
2/4/2015 3:56 PM
Posted by moy23 on 2/4/2015 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2015 3:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 2/4/2015 3:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2015 2:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/4/2015 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Solid red is NEVER going to be OK with SSM or abortion. 
When I say "social blue" I mean this sort of thing. And understanding that global warming is a real, manmade thing, that vaccines are important and safe, etc. Things that don't necessarily mean spending more money. I know welfare and unemployment were supposed to be temporary, so if people aren't making an effort to get out of this situation, then cut them off.

It's frustrating for someone like me, who leans left but also understands and believes in many "red" concepts.
Vaccination is not a red or blue issue imo. 80% of the country is for vaccination - and that includes republicans. It's just the media, and the left, trying to make it an issue and fools like Christie, Paul falling for it.

https://hotair.com/archives/2015/02/04/yougov-poll-67-of-republicans-81-of-democrats-support-government-vaccine-mandates/
It's an issue BECAUSE people like Christie and Paul say what they say. And that there are actual people who believe them.
Actually Obama and Christie are saying the same thing 2 different ways. Christie saying he supports vaccinations but questions whether the state can force people to vaccinate. Obama is saying why should we have to force people to vaccinate when its clearly common sense they do it. I.e. "we shouldn’t need to compel behavior that’s already clearly compelled by basic common sense. Vaccines are obviously the right thing to do, he says, so why should you need the state to twist people’s arms?"

https://hotair.com/archives/2015/02/03/question-for-josh-earnest-does-obama-believe-vaccines-for-kids-should-be-mandated-by-law/
I'm fine with Christie, mostly. Paul is blurting out nonsense. He's uncomfortable with the government telling anyone you have to do something. Even if it saves lives.
2/4/2015 3:58 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2015 3:56:00 PM (view original):
You're putting your child in a dangerous situation. In the same way you can't leave you child along in a meadow with wolves, you shouldn't have you children go without vaccinations.
Yep, and it isn't just your children. You're putting other people's children at risk along with adults who can't get vaccines for health reasons and people whose immune systems don't produce enough antibodies when they do get the vaccine.
2/4/2015 4:00 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Sounds like you're telling people how to raise their children.   People don't like that.

It's all in the wording. 
2/4/2015 4:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/4/2015 4:05:00 PM (view original):
Sounds like you're telling people how to raise their children.   People don't like that.

It's all in the wording. 
Don't leave your child in the car while you go shopping when it's 95 degrees outside.

DONT TELL ME HOW TO RAISE MY KIDS!
2/4/2015 4:08 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2015 4:08:00 PM (view original):

It's all in the wording. 
Don't leave your child in the car while you go shopping when it's 95 degrees outside.

What "people like" only matters to a certain point.
2/4/2015 4:10 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2015 4:08:00 PM (view original):

It's all in the wording. 

Pretty much.

Next time you see a child doing something you consider dangerous in his/her mother's presence, go tell the mom that she shouldn't allow that.     Let me know the reaction you get.
2/4/2015 4:19 PM
Not the point. We have no problem writing laws that make doing stupid and dangerous things to your children illegal. People may not like being told what to do, but that's better than the alternative.
2/4/2015 4:27 PM
It depends what it is. If a kid's playing kickball on a main road, I'd probably say something. 

I could always call the cops and have those parents yell at police officers instead of me.

And if they're black, they'd be shot. :)
2/4/2015 4:27 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You find it stupid because it makes many conservatives look dumb. It's not a coincidence that those in politics who oppose this are conservatives, because, in general, they're uncomfortable with the government telling anyone to do anything. But there are limits, this is very important. And when people who are considering running for president believe in very dumb things, people should know about it.
2/4/2015 4:36 PM
OK, I'll move on.
2/4/2015 4:36 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2015 4:28:00 PM (view original):
It depends what it is. If a kid's playing kickball on a main road, I'd probably say something. 

I could always call the cops and have those parents yell at police officers instead of me.

And if they're black, they'd be shot. :)
Either way, the odds are that the parent is yelling "DON'T YOU TELL ME HOW TO RAISE MY KIDS!!!!" at someone.

As I said, it's all in the wording.     When you say "Government Mandate", a certain percentage of the population rejects the idea without even knowing what it is.  And it's not a small percentage.
2/4/2015 4:40 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2015 4:37:00 PM (view original):
You find it stupid because it makes many conservatives look dumb. It's not a coincidence that those in politics who oppose this are conservatives, because, in general, they're uncomfortable with the government telling anyone to do anything. But there are limits, this is very important. And when people who are considering running for president believe in very dumb things, people should know about it.

I thought the libs were uncomfortable with the govt telling anyone what to do.   Or, I guess, what not to do.

Don't have abortions.   IT'S MY BODY, I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!!!
Don't smoke pot.   I'M NOT HURTING ANYONE, I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!!!!

2/4/2015 4:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.