11 of 12 footballs deflated.... Topic

Love how he wants an apology IF they are exonerated, not when.
1/27/2015 8:57 AM
Why does he expect the NFL to apologize to him?  What exactly has the NFL done to "wrong" the Patriots organization other than conduct an investigation?

It's the media that's crucified Belichick, Brady and the Pats.  And they've brought all that on themselves with prior conduct.

Bob Kraft need to put his big boy pants on and STFU.

1/27/2015 1:24 PM
By God, he's buddies with people in high places!!!  Like Chris Christie!!!

Oh, wait, nevermind.  That's Jerry Jones.
1/27/2015 1:38 PM
1/27/2015 1:46 PM
So...1 ball was around 2 pounds less and the other 10 were just a tick or 2 under 12.5. Classic.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466783/article/more-details-on-the-investigation-of-patriots-deflated-footballs
2/1/2015 12:31 PM
This issue has been big news for gossips, including Brian Williams at NBC Nightly News, yet the evidence seems to go the other way. Moving on to an even bigger issue, the lead story on Monday: "Was Katy Perry Lip Syncing?"
2/1/2015 11:24 PM (edited)
Outside of the actual game....which was a good one...the HT show and commercials sacked ***.
2/2/2015 8:21 AM
Sucked
2/2/2015 8:21 AM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 2/1/2015 12:31:00 PM (view original):
So...1 ball was around 2 pounds less and the other 10 were just a tick or 2 under 12.5. Classic.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466783/article/more-details-on-the-investigation-of-patriots-deflated-footballs
You probably won't hear this much from Seahawks fans, including that Nye Science guy or whatever, but I don't think there is anything to this story at all.

I did not go to your link, and I am not an expert, but I do however have an idea about the science involved.  The Ideal Gas Law, when applied properly should give you an approximate linear change in the percentage of absolute pressure to the linear change in the absolute temperature.  This means that if you measure absolute temperature (in Kelvin) and absolute (not gage) pressures, the change in temperature is about 5% (difference 75F and 50F).  The associated change in pressure would put the 10.5 psi (gage) at about 7% change from 12.5 psi (gage).  A little less than expected, but not unreasonable.  I'm betting that particular ball was probably underinflated to begin with.  If the other balls were all at, say 11.5, that would be reasonable.   This is not, by any means, a perfect analysis and it ignores some factors (like the elasticity of ball - and its potential volume change), but it certainly convinces me there is not likely to be any smoking gun.

Bottom line?  Nothing to see here...
2/3/2015 8:21 AM (edited)
silent, basically, the only ball that was 2 pounds under 12.5 PSI was the one the Colts INT.  The other 10 balls were just a tick under 12.5.  That makes you think that maybe...the Colts did some minor tampering?  

I mean, if people are allowed to just straight up bash the Pats without any facts, why not turn it around on Indy??

All the retarded ESPN and NFL analysts out there need to shut up and apologize to Brady.  Especially Mark Brunell, Bettis and Dawkins, who immediately after Brady's presser called him a liar and tried to ruin his name.

So sorry you guys got your ***** kicked by Brady and the Pats.
2/3/2015 9:57 AM
No, it doesn't make you think that at all.

No one needs to apologize to anyone.   It was reported that 11 balls were severely underinflated.   That has changed, depending on who's reporting, to one ball significantly underinflated, several slightly underinflated, a few just a tick under 12.5.   I don't know who to believe about these footballs.   Honestly, I could see the NFL changing the story to make it go away. 

But, at the end of the day, if ANY balls were underinflated, Brady had a hand in it.  NO BALLBOY/EQUIPMENT MANAGER is going to do it without directions from the QB. 
2/3/2015 11:19 AM
We had a discussion where I said Brady should be suspended for the game, and you said that I can't assume that he did it. I'm happy you agree that he was obviously responsible.

And yea, its a story from nfl.com. I can see the NFL covering for the Pats here for the sake of the league. I don't understand why there would be multiple reports of severe underinflation, just to find out that those reports were wrong. If it turns out that the NFL confirms that it's one ball that's very underinflated, and the others were close enough, I'm not sure what I'll believe.

And I'm sorry, people jumped on the Pats because of their history of cheating. They don't get the benefit of the doubt by most. They built their own mess. No apology necessary.
2/3/2015 12:30 PM
Whether I agree that he had a hand in it or not, there's no proof that he did.  I'm not suspending players because I KNOW, BY GOD, I KNOW, what happened.

I said all along that there's no way some BB/EM is doing it without Brady's knowledge.   Imagine if Brady has a **** game and says "I don't know.  The footballs didn't feel right today.  It was so weird."     The entire fanbase of the Patriots would string that poor guy up by his balls and underinflate him.
2/3/2015 1:41 PM
Halftime show was good. Left shark was amazing by itsself.
2/3/2015 1:45 PM
And, yeah, the NFL PR machine probably sees this as two options:

1.  A celebration of Brady/Belichick and their dynastic run
2.  A time to talk about PSI of footballs

Which would you rather do?
2/3/2015 1:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...22 Next ▸
11 of 12 footballs deflated.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.