Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Why ask?
4/30/2015 10:57 PM
Because you amuse me.  Like a clown.
5/1/2015 5:49 AM
"Freddie Gray died when his head struck a bolt in a Baltimore police van, a local US TV news station has reported.
Citing police sources, ABC7 News said that an injury to Gray's head matched the shape of a bolt in the van."
5/1/2015 7:07 AM
It was Gray's Atty that said his spine was 80% severed.... Did anyone else confirm that it indeed was 80% severed? I haven't seen an autopsy reported yet.
5/1/2015 7:34 AM
Of course it hasn't been confirmed.    First, we riot.   Then we get the facts.  That's the process.
5/1/2015 8:13 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2015 8:13:00 AM (view original):
Of course it hasn't been confirmed.    First, we riot.   Then we get the facts.  That's the process.
You forgot finding the police guilty before all the facts are in. As well as being outraged at the people who are not supporting the rioters.

Blame the police
Riot/Loot
Be outraged at the people who are outraged at the rioting/looting
Fact check

5/1/2015 8:21 AM
Oh and I also forgot "calling bullsh!t on any and every piece of evidence that doesn't directly implicate the police".

I would imagine that has to come in at 3 or 4 on the list.

5/1/2015 8:25 AM
oh yeah. hands up
5/1/2015 8:45 AM
Correction.  We just riot and blame the cops for forcing us to riot.  No need to care about the facts either before or after.
5/1/2015 8:49 AM
HANG EM HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
5/1/2015 11:30 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/1/2015 8:49:00 AM (view original):
Correction.  We just riot and blame the cops for forcing us to riot.  No need to care about the facts either before or after.
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the justice system in America is racist against blacks. Let's also say, for the sake of argument, that this racism had been essentially ignored until black people started protesting and rioting. And finally, let's say that the attention brought from the protesting and rioting actually delivered a meaningful change in the way the justice system treats black people.

In that case, would the rioting be ok?

I say yes.
5/1/2015 11:56 AM

Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; Cops Charged With Murder, Manslaughter

Mosby said an investigation found officers placed Gray in wrist and ankle restraints and left him stomach-down on the floor of a police van as they drove around West Baltimore. Despite his repeated requests for medical attention, they did not provide it and continued to drive without securing him in the van, she said. Officers on at least five occasions placed Gray in the van or checked on him and failed to secure him, she said. By the time they reached the Western District police station, he was not breathing and was in cardiac arrest, she said.
5/1/2015 12:16 PM

BALTIMORE (AP) - Baltimore's top prosecutor announced criminal charges Friday against all six officers suspended after a man suffered a fatal spinal injury in police custody, saying "no one is above the law."

"Mr. Gray's death was a homicide," State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby declared. His arrest was illegal and his treatment in custody amounted to murder and manslaughter, she said.

The announcement came after nearly two weeks of growing anger over Freddie Gray's death, and only hours after Mosby received the results of the internal police investigation and an official autopsy report. As Mosby spoke, the city was bracing for huge crowds in two more waves of protests Friday and Saturday.

Mosby announced the stiffest charge -- second-degree "depraved heart" murder -- against the driver of the police van. Other officers face charges of involuntary manslaughter, assault and illegal arrest.

5/1/2015 12:16 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2015 12:16:00 PM (view original):

Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; Cops Charged With Murder, Manslaughter

Mosby said an investigation found officers placed Gray in wrist and ankle restraints and left him stomach-down on the floor of a police van as they drove around West Baltimore. Despite his repeated requests for medical attention, they did not provide it and continued to drive without securing him in the van, she said. Officers on at least five occasions placed Gray in the van or checked on him and failed to secure him, she said. By the time they reached the Western District police station, he was not breathing and was in cardiac arrest, she said.
Yes, I heard the good news.

To celebrate, I set my next door neighbor's car on fire, and threw a brick through the window of the house across the street.

I plan to kick a random dog later on as well.

5/1/2015 1:13 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2015 11:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 5/1/2015 8:49:00 AM (view original):
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the justice system in America is racist against blacks. Let's also say, for the sake of argument, that this racism had been essentially ignored until black people started protesting and rioting. And finally, let's say that the attention brought from the protesting and rioting actually delivered a meaningful change in the way the justice system treats black people.

In that case, would the rioting be ok?

I say yes.
Because violence and destruction is an acceptable course of action?

Good job.

5/1/2015 1:14 PM
◂ Prev 1...123|124|125|126|127...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.