Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By nickinaround on 6/11/2006
Quote: Originally posted by zlionsfan on 6/08/2006
Quote: Originally posted by marbotty on 6/08/2006... Do prospects become free agents after a certain number of years in the minors?
Thnks.[/QUOTE]Yes, a player with six seasons of minor league service who has not played in the majors becomes a minor league FA.

This is incorrect. I have a player in the minors that has seven seasons of minor league service and still is on my team and hasn't played a game in the major leagues. He didn't become a free agent.
Maybe he hasn't had 6 years Minor League experience with your team?
6/11/2006 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 6/11/2006

ttn, no. Unsigned FA will still be available. They will immediately accept/decline your offer.
Thanks. Followup - this means that there is no practical significance to the end of the signing period (other than the immediate response thing)?
6/11/2006 12:33 PM
Depends on whether or not you really want someone. Other teams will be bidding for the good players. And they will sign if anyone meets their demands.
But if you're looking for a roster filler/back-up type, the answer is no.
6/11/2006 12:36 PM
Great thread guys.
Anyone noticing certain players being better in certain type parks? Does 'glove' and 'arm strenght' make a (big) difference in the field at certain type parks?
6/11/2006 12:56 PM
FWIW, I didn't concentrate on either of those in Aaron and I'm among the worst fielding teams in the league. Beyond that, it's a little too early to tell.
6/11/2006 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zlionsfan on 6/08/2006
Quote: Originally posted by marbotty on 6/08/2006... Do prospects become free agents after a certain number of years in the minors?
Thnks.[/QUOTE]Yes, a player with six seasons of minor league service who has not played in the majors becomes a minor league FA.

This is incorrect. I have a player in the minors that has seven seasons of minor league service and still is on my team and hasn't played a game in the major leagues. He didn't become a free agent.
That's because this is the first season. After this season, there will be minor league free agency.
6/11/2006 5:16 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/11/2006 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tbone391 on 6/10/2006Anyone have an opinion on this guy?

Power : 100
: 71
Right: 18
Eye: 96

Rob Deer :)
6/11/2006 10:14 PM
'06 Frank Thomas
6/11/2006 10:16 PM
I have been looking at stats in Aaron and it appears that minor league stats can get VERY innflated....ie: in AA there are only a handful of pitchers with any kind of good stats, maybe 8-10 of them that don't have a OAV under .300.......definitly a hitters league ! 25 guys batting .350 or more. So i would think one would have to careful in evluating minor leaguer's.
6/11/2006 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by weinzierl32 on 6/11/2006
Quote: Originally posted by zlionsfan on 6/08/2006Yes, a player with six seasons of minor league service who has not played in the majors becomes a minor league FA.
Maybe he hasn't had 6 years Minor League experience with your team?
It doesn't have to be with the same team. Minor-league free agency hasn't worked right. This is a bug - if you look at the Free Agent Report and select Minors, you'll see a lot of players who have major-league experience.
6/12/2006 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By bossmao on 6/11/2006
I have been looking at stats in Aaron and it appears that minor league stats can get VERY innflated....ie: in AA there are only a handful of pitchers with any kind of good stats, maybe 8-10 of them that don't have a OAV under .300.......definitly a hitters league ! 25 guys batting .350 or more. So i would think one would have to careful in evluating minor leaguer's.
I was just thinking about this same thing this morning. I think there are a few potential factors:

1) the world is only in its first year and so there are only a small number of quality, already-developed pitchers. Over the next few years we'll probably see the overall quality of pitching increase as some of the young talent develops.

2) it may also be a small sample size issue - there are a lot of hitters who seem to be overperforming big time based on their ratings and their stats may come down as the season progresses.

3) we had some serious pitching fatigue issues throughout the league through the first 15-20 games, which means hitting and pitching stats both got inflated. Now that fatigue is more under control we'll probably see both stats drop over time.
6/12/2006 9:09 AM
Whats the rule on options to start the season--I've got 2 guys in AAA w/o options and not on 40 man roster--can I leave them in the minors or do they have to be called up. I know they can't be sent down w/no options BUT can they stay in the minors if already there or do they have to clear waivers?
6/12/2006 12:17 PM
they can stay there.
6/12/2006 12:21 PM
thanks schedule
6/12/2006 1:01 PM
◂ Prev 1...27|28|29|30|31...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.