Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
BL knows no shame.

"Obama isn't trying because it's pointless."

WPE confirmed. 
11/21/2014 2:21 PM
Posted by moy23 on 11/21/2014 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/21/2014 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 11/21/2014 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/21/2014 1:45:00 PM (view original):

From CNN.com:

The one-two punch from Boehner marks a new era of tension between Republicans who will officially take over Congress in January, and the President who has signaled that despite his party's losses in the midterms, he plans to proceed with his agenda without GOP cooperation.

Ruling by Executive Tantrum, because he doesn't want to try to play nicely with others.

Yep.... Its an example of how NOT to lead. Best way to get someone to cross a bridge is to lure them across... Obama prefers to kick them across.
Or it's part of the negotiation.

The GOP isn't going to be lured across any bridge by Obama. No matter what he does. He could propose a bill that eliminates income taxes and deports all brown skinned illegal immigrants and the GOP would ***** and moan and vote it down (or refuse to bring the bill to a vote).
This started a long long time ago, not just right now.... Its been poor negotiating since day one. There is a reason Obama has not had GOP support when EVERY other president has had some sort of bipartisan support - even the hated george bush. Obama gets NONE and its not because of his skin color. There is a reason no other country will support us as well... Again, bad negotiations and no follow through on the things that matter to them (Syria, Iraq, Ukraine). There is a lesson to be learned here on how NOT to negotiate, how NOT to lead. A major lesson.

Funny though you say it's 'part of the negotiation' as if you are an expert on negotiating. I challenge you that If he's always been doing it by himself and hes never had any agreement from those he negotiates with... is it really negotiating or even a part of negotiating? Or further more can you call that 'SUCCESSFUL' negotiations? I've read lots of books on the subject and all of them would say NO. Negotiations are about finding mutual options.... Its not saying I'll sell you this for $5, then a counter of $1... $4... $2....$3...sold! That's negotiations for idiots 101 and yet Obama has been doing just that since day 1.
Look, Obama isn't blameless in this situation. But let's be real, the stated goal of the GOP from the very start of Obama's first term was to obstruct.
11/21/2014 2:34 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/21/2014 2:34:00 PM (view original):

From CNN.com:

The one-two punch from Boehner marks a new era of tension between Republicans who will officially take over Congress in January, and the President who has signaled that despite his party's losses in the midterms, he plans to proceed with his agenda without GOP cooperation.

Ruling by Executive Tantrum, because he doesn't want to try to play nicely with others.

Yep.... Its an example of how NOT to lead. Best way to get someone to cross a bridge is to lure them across... Obama prefers to kick them across.

The GOP isn't going to be lured across any bridge by Obama. No matter what he does. He could propose a bill that eliminates income taxes and deports all brown skinned illegal immigrants and the GOP would ***** and moan and vote it down (or refuse to bring the bill to a vote).
This started a long long time ago, not just right now.... Its been poor negotiating since day one. There is a reason Obama has not had GOP support when EVERY other president has had some sort of bipartisan support - even the hated george bush. Obama gets NONE and its not because of his skin color. There is a reason no other country will support us as well... Again, bad negotiations and no follow through on the things that matter to them (Syria, Iraq, Ukraine). There is a lesson to be learned here on how NOT to negotiate, how NOT to lead. A major lesson.

Funny though you say it's 'part of the negotiation' as if you are an expert on negotiating. I challenge you that If he's always been doing it by himself and hes never had any agreement from those he negotiates with... is it really negotiating or even a part of negotiating? Or further more can you call that 'SUCCESSFUL' negotiations? I've read lots of books on the subject and all of them would say NO. Negotiations are about finding mutual options.... Its not saying I'll sell you this for $5, then a counter of $1... $4... $2....$3...sold! That's negotiations for idiots 101 and yet Obama has been doing just that since day 1.
Look, Obama isn't blameless in this situation. But let's be real, the stated goal of the GOP from the very start of Obama's first term was to obstruct.
The stated goal of Obama was to close Gitmo... And that hasn't happened. The republicans have stated a lot of things that never happen. The party itself since Obamas first day has been split by the tea party and he still couldn't capitalize on that rift. It amazes me you still can't see how divisive Obama is.... After SIX years.
11/21/2014 3:00 PM

No shame.

11/21/2014 3:06 PM
Posted by moy23 on 11/21/2014 3:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/21/2014 2:34:00 PM (view original):

From CNN.com:

The stated goal of Obama was to close Gitmo... And that hasn't happened. The republicans have stated a lot of things that never happen. The party itself since Obamas first day has been split by the tea party and he still couldn't capitalize on that rift. It amazes me you still can't see how divisive Obama is.... After SIX years.
It's chicken and egg. Is Obama divisive because the Republicans refused to bend on anything or did the Republicans refuse to bend on anything because he was divisive?

The blame game is pointless because everyone is to blame. For as much as you think I just want to make excuses for Obama, I see you just wanting to slam him and make excuses for the GOP.
11/21/2014 3:11 PM
I'm not going to speak for moy, but I will speak for myself.  I'm not making excuses for the GOP.  The Tea Party has done more harm to the political process in Washington than anything or anybody else (including Obama), and Boehner hasn't had the balls to stand up to them for fear of retribution from their deep pocketed supporters.  So that's all on them.

But as to Obama . . . do you think he's handled dealing with a difficult GOP the best way that he could?  In others words, is "Well, **** you then!!!" a sign of great leadership, and acceptable to you as one of his supporters?

11/21/2014 3:25 PM
Obama has dealt with the GOP in much the same way I dealt with BL.   Pointless so **** it, I don't have to.  Block.

Difference being, he and I are just ******* internet guys.    Obama is the POTUS.    He should be held to a higher standard. 
11/21/2014 3:30 PM
Posted by moy23 on 11/21/2014 4:13:00 PM (view original):
BL... Has it ever occurred to you that republicans are being ELECTED could be to STOP Barack Obama if they can't get their platform advanced with Barack Obama? Maybe because Obama policies on economy, foreign policy, immigration, and healthcare are unpopular.
Well, maybe somewhat. The reality is that the Senate majority hinges on a tiny sliver of the overall population (regardless of which direction it goes). Obama's approval rating is low, but it's nothing compared to how low congress' approval rating is and 2012 wasn't that long ago. All the problems that you say have been there since day one would have been just as evident two years ago, yet Obama was reelected by a majority of the popular vote and a landslide electorally.

11/21/2014 4:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...295|296|297|298|299...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.