Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/3/2018 8:51:00 PM (view original):
Interesting how many, not all, but many of the concerned users are from the sim league players and not from the dynasty players.

I don't play sim leagues here. Is it because many games simulate each day and checking in often is a requirement for success? In the dynasty games, checking in once in the evening, outside of the recruiting/drafting periods, is more than enough.
Yes...in baseball the games sim 3 times a day and depending on how many leagues you're in, you may have draft picks to make if you play progressives. The checking in doesn't have to occur after each sim, but it's more effective to manage your bullpen/lineup fatigue as well as get an idea of who's performing vs not in recent games.
7/3/2018 9:00 PM
Posted by coachgreat1 on 7/3/2018 9:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/3/2018 8:51:00 PM (view original):
Interesting how many, not all, but many of the concerned users are from the sim league players and not from the dynasty players.

I don't play sim leagues here. Is it because many games simulate each day and checking in often is a requirement for success? In the dynasty games, checking in once in the evening, outside of the recruiting/drafting periods, is more than enough.
Yes...in baseball the games sim 3 times a day and depending on how many leagues you're in, you may have draft picks to make if you play progressives. The checking in doesn't have to occur after each sim, but it's more effective to manage your bullpen/lineup fatigue as well as get an idea of who's performing vs not in recent games.
I can see why that would be an issue. With Hoops Dynasty, I can do my thing before I go to bed (or in the morning) and not miss a beat.

I hope selbe appreciates that there is a distinction between how this transition will impact the two very different user bases.
7/3/2018 9:06 PM
I can appreciate the need to integrate whatever you have to do for the new business, yet neglecting your customers to do so is not the way to do it. This isn't a new problem; this is an old problem. Players of both the NBA & NFL sims know this well. It has just been exacerbated by the move to SportsHub. About the only thing I play anymore are progressives (4 currently) in the NBA Sim, but I do like to always have at least one OL team running and occasionally play a theme and/or draft league. The lack of new players hurts my interest in all types of leagues.

I'm not the only one. Many long-time owners have said they aren't buying another team until the players are released. The playoffs are long over. The hype was at its highest 2 months ago, when people were salivating over using the new Greek Freak, the partial season Steph Curry, Lebron's amazing season, and many, many other fantastic specimens. Now... not so much. Not so much in fact that I'm having trouble remembering what else I wanted to use. That's bad. Real bad.

If the 17-18 players aren't out by the time college football kicks off, well, I'm one less customer you'll have. One customer is ordinarily not a big deal, but I'm absolutely not the only one, and I run a progressive on top of that, and in the past have ran multiple theme leagues.

There will be plenty of sympathizers here that might poopoo my post. Hell, I sympathize with being overworked, but this is not a new problem.

It's simply the same problem with a new excuse.

Prove me wrong. I'd love to continue my business here.
7/3/2018 9:27 PM
I'm sure glad I have no future seasons purchased and awaiting use.
7/3/2018 9:27 PM
Fascinating.

Being a dynasty player, I always assumed that a majority of WIS revenue comes from the dynasty games. Looking at the IDs of the sim league owners posting here, I'm beginning to wonder if I had it backwards. Some of you guys have a tremendous number of teams.
7/3/2018 9:35 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/3/2018 7:30:00 PM (view original):
Selbe,

If we do have login issues during the transition period (July 17,) how do we notify you about them? If we can't login, is there going to be a way to let you know we are having issues? Kind of a catch-22. I understand there will be a verification process prior to the 17th but unexpected stuff happens when moving from one platform to another.

Thanks in advance.

Be a gent Seibe and answer this please . . .
7/3/2018 9:51 PM
Posted by Tucker T's on 7/3/2018 9:51:00 PM (view original):
Selbe,

If we do have login issues during the transition period (July 17,) how do we notify you about them? If we can't login, is there going to be a way to let you know we are having issues? Kind of a catch-22. I understand there will be a verification process prior to the 17th but unexpected stuff happens when moving from one platform to another.

Thanks in advance.

It's after 10 pm eastern on a Friday night. I'd be a little more patient.
7/3/2018 10:19 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/3/2018 9:35:00 PM (view original):
Fascinating.

Being a dynasty player, I always assumed that a majority of WIS revenue comes from the dynasty games. Looking at the IDs of the sim league owners posting here, I'm beginning to wonder if I had it backwards. Some of you guys have a tremendous number of teams.
Same here. Interesting.
7/3/2018 10:20 PM
Posted by badaxe on 7/3/2018 8:34:00 PM (view original):
I trust seble so much that I just turned off all my auto-renewals.
My man Baddy. I tend to agree.
7/3/2018 10:37 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 7/3/2018 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Selbe,

Thanks in advance.

What sorcery is this? It's Tuesday on my planet...
7/3/2018 10:49 PM
Posted by ashamael on 7/3/2018 10:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hypnotoad on 7/3/2018 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Selbe,

Thanks in advance.

What sorcery is this? It's Tuesday on my planet...
The evening before July 4th (in the US) is effectively a Friday night...I assume that was the gist.
7/3/2018 10:57 PM
Sounds like integration is happening, whether we like it or not. So let’s take a second to look at it from seble’s point of view:

You have a unique and viable product. Sooo.... Do you take a chance and step into a new forum (with the potential for new exposure), or do you let your site and algorithm remain stagnate to appease your existing, super-devoted (albeit super-limited) fanbase? I was a member years back (under a different name) and loved gridiron dynasty, even wondered at the time why more people didn’t play. Came back to it years later, and of course I wondered why it hadn’t grown in visibility in the interiem. I think this is a positive move towards getting more players involved.

In short: chill out, it’s happening. I think most of us get that. But to all you moaning over lost productivity at work, consider this:

If you’ve had the money, all this time, to re-up in multiple and/or simultaneous dynasties, yet panic when you can’t use your work cpu to access your hypothetical teams.... Don’t worry, you’re essentially losing nothing! It’s a great deal! You’re breaking even, in the long run. All the time and bandwidth you’ve stolen from your employer will even out, now. You can do your ACTUAL job first, and play sports simulations second.

At lunch, on your phone. On break, on your phone. Use the company WiFi. Believe it or not, human beings have endured worse indecencies.

Seriously, how has there been this much backlash against an ostensibly positive development?

7/3/2018 11:28 PM
If two accounts have separate emails, things are good, right? Will there be a need to access the email for anything? This account is linked to an email that belongs to my son, who is currently in Saigon dodging my calls.
7/3/2018 11:30 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 7/3/2018 11:30:00 PM (view original):
If two accounts have separate emails, things are good, right? Will there be a need to access the email for anything? This account is linked to an email that belongs to my son, who is currently in Saigon dodging my calls.
I hope not, shoe. I have an ID that only plays FC Dynasty and I'm not sure the email is even active anymore. I guess it's easy enough to create new/free email addresses.
7/3/2018 11:34 PM
still waiting for word one on live baseball.....???
7/3/2018 11:48 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...24 Next ▸
Site Update/SportsHub Integration Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.