Do you need a QB for running the Wishbone? Topic

This is a cool experiment. I actually thin you could get it done if you had better talent. 13/20 Sr's are guys that shouldn't be on your roster with your vision. Maybe it was just a bad class but a couple of your Underclassman OL wouldn't get there either without the RS's and Gould shouldn't have been redshirted or even recruited. If you can get better recruiting I think this could work but I don't think it's a fair evaluation yet. If you have any recruiting questions hit me up. I'd love to see this experiment work!!!

SR Players That Aren't 1AA Playoff Contender Caliber:
RB's: Chavez & Mendez
OL: Mobley & Fuller
DL: Whitaker
LB: Cox, Ortega, Patterson
DB: Garcia, Howard, Kurtz, Snow, Wilson
3/24/2021 11:22 AM
Thanks for your insight. Most of those guys weren't big contributors last season and all will be gone next season.
3/24/2021 4:10 PM
Recruting starts today. As every 4 sasons it'll be a big class of 22 recruits. Lot of work to be done.
4/2/2021 3:22 AM
Reruiting class ranked 14th by GUESS, with one 5star (#1 OL) and eight 4stars (3 OL, DL, 2 RB, 2 LB). Team now has 13 RB, 11 OL, 6 DL, 10 LB, 8 DB, K, P. Redshirted 3 VH guys. .
7/7/2021 3:05 PM (edited)
As expected with so many freshmen, we had a difficult season. Finished 9-4, ranked #34, first team out of the playoffs.
4/25/2021 4:00 PM
Posted by goldencats on 8/15/2020 1:49:00 PM (view original):
I’m building several 100% SG teams with no RBs. I think the engine contemplates WR rushing somewhat, so that’s no as unusual as a QB that never throws. Also, rushing WRs now and again can be effective vs Dime/nickel with PsL setting. I do not run my QB though as I focus on passing stats for my QB.

made several final 4 appearances in DIII thus far, no NCs though...yet :) honestly, I think the all SG will work after I have a roster full of high vision recruits. All my teams were SIM AI bottom feeders. It’s taken me 3/4 season to get solid vision. Most of my current upperclassmen were low vision recruits. I suspect I have 2/3 years still per team to see if the “All SG All the Time” experiment works. If it does, then I will take what I’ve learned to DII and higher where the expanded playbooks should only make it that much more effective.

But like Howard Dean said, you know something, if you would have told me that only a few years into the SG experiment we would finish 3rd in the playoffs, we would have given anything for that. But, you know something, now we’re going to New Hampshire, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Arizona, North Dakota, New Mexico, California, Texas, New York, South Dakota, Oregon, Washington, Michigan and then we’re going to Washington DC to the win the NC, bbbyahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
sjurat...ala AirAkron for 100+ seasons enters the room:

The nice thing about 1 formation teams is that you can spend more time on individual practice time, also if you do an extreme one-formation team (SG or WB) you get eliminate the need to recruit certain positions - thus increasing your spend by 8%. Within the AirAkron - I forgo recruiting not only RBs - but also TEs. The sim usually pushes over a OL to cover off. I sometime covert one of my many WRs into a TE - that works good.
4/27/2021 8:05 PM
One of these days, I'll re-visit the team grades page. If I remember right, the method for scoring those was pretty brutal and overtly simplistic.
4/28/2021 10:45 AM
My recruiting class was ranked #8 ( three 4stars) by GUESS, full roster #15 (up from #22). Roster now has 12 RB (RS), 10 OL (RS), 7 DL, 10 LB, 9 DB (RS), P, K.
5/17/2021 3:43 AM
OK, so I looked at your team and noticed one of your RB's played QB extensively (Smallwood).

According to the FAQ, a team with no QB follows this replacement pattern: P, RB, WR, TE

So my question is: Why is your Punter nowhere to be found?
5/17/2021 6:33 PM
The FAQ must be wrong. I do this for a long time and always a RB is playing QB.
5/18/2021 9:10 AM
Posted by tiltwar on 5/18/2021 9:10:00 AM (view original):
The FAQ must be wrong. I do this for a long time and always a RB is playing QB.
Check your sitemail Tilt
5/18/2021 10:09 AM
Another difficult season, we finished 11-3, ranked #16, losing in the 1st round of the playoffs.
6/1/2021 4:46 PM
My recruiting class (only 6 recruits) was ranked #12 (one 4star OL) by GUESS, full roster #8 (up from #15). Roster now has 11 RB (RS), 11 OL (2 RS), 7 DL, 10 LB, 9 DB (RS), P, K.
6/20/2021 12:24 PM
Another season ended, we went 15-2,finished #8, winning the CC, losing in the quarterfinals of the playoffs (got hammered brutally by the #1 ranked team)..
7/7/2021 3:10 PM
My recruiting class (12 recruits; 3 4*- 2 OL, DL) was ranked #6 by GUESS, full roster #6 (up from #8). Redshirted 2 FB and a DL with VH potential. Roster now has 11 RB (2 RS), 11 OL, 8 DL (RS), 8 LB, 10 DB, P, K.
7/25/2021 3:53 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...11 Next ▸
Do you need a QB for running the Wishbone? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.