Inflation Topic

Posted by all3 on 7/21/2021 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Well Uofa, if your whole family is talking about vaccines, that would explain a lot about where you get your priorities and your "news".
Wtf are you talking about? You said I’m in a bubble because I don’t talk about the border and a college level discourse with my friends and family. I told you my family is Republican and my friends and family are all talking about how great it is to be out and about and what did you do to cope during the pandemic and what are you doing and who have you seen and why aren’t more people getting vaccinated because isn’t it great to be at a restaurant? Seriously.
7/21/2021 3:48 PM

QUOTES / JORDAN CANDLER

Wednesday Short Cuts

Notable quotables from Dennis Prager, Anthony Fauci, AOC, and more.

7/21/2021 3:54 PM
I would like to remind all3 that Dr. Seuss and Mr. Potato Head were repeatedly brought up by US representatives on the floor of Congress.
7/21/2021 10:30 PM

The bond market is torn over the potential for higher inflation and lower growth

KEY POINTS
  • A volatile environment for government bonds is reflecting worries about both slower growth and stubborn inflation.
  • Stagflation, a relic of the 1970s when inflation was high and economic growth slowed, has reemerged in market talk recently.
  • While many market veterans see inflation leveling off, fears remain about a low-growth environment where prices keep rising.

A volatile environment for government bonds is reflecting a highly uncertain future for the U.S. economy, pointing to both slower growth and stubborn inflation.

After a burst higher earlier this year that scared markets, Treasury yields have fallen back sharply as investors have switched their focus from worries about price increases to the potential that the rapid burst in post-pandemic activity could start to slow down.

In the 1970s, the mix of higher prices and lower growth was called “stagflation,” a pejorative that has garnered little attention since then as inflation has remained tame over the past few decades.

However, the word is coming up more and more these days as the growth picture gets cloudier.

“The market is trading on the stagflation theme,” said Aneta Markowska, chief financial economist at Jefferies. “There’s the idea that these price increases are going to cause demand destruction, cause a policy mistake and ultimately that slows growth.”

7/22/2021 4:32 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 7/21/2021 3:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 7/21/2021 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Well Uofa, if your whole family is talking about vaccines, that would explain a lot about where you get your priorities and your "news".
Wtf are you talking about? You said I’m in a bubble because I don’t talk about the border and a college level discourse with my friends and family. I told you my family is Republican and my friends and family are all talking about how great it is to be out and about and what did you do to cope during the pandemic and what are you doing and who have you seen and why aren’t more people getting vaccinated because isn’t it great to be at a restaurant? Seriously.
Wow, your lack of reading comprehension is totally off the charts.
I said You're living in a bubble, and your "great" comeback was but I talk to my family.
Again trying to twist the truth to whatever you want it to be, but it's there in black-and-white.
7/22/2021 1:34 PM

GOVERNMENT / DOUGLAS ANDREWS

The $6 Trillion Democrat Debauchery

Two separate spending atrocities will push us ever closer to the fiscal brink.

7/22/2021 7:29 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 7/21/2021 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 7/21/2021 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 7/21/2021 12:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/20/2021 8:13:00 PM (view original):
All3. Republicans are too busy talking about critical race theory, Dr. Seuss, Mr. Potato Head, and Lola Bunny to actually talk policy.
Don’t forget “it’s ok to not want the vaccine.” They’re talking about that a lot too.
You two close-minded fools have zero idea what anybody outside you're little bubble is talking about.
Real people, those working 9-5, of both Parties, are talking about the crazy rise in prices, the growing problems at the border, and yes, how critical race theory doesn't belong in schools. Nobody is talking about getting or not getting vaccines, or any of the other "funny" things you list.
Try getting out from behind your computer and stop fully swallowing every bit of garbage the media feeds you, and find out what's really going on around you. Many people in bob's situation are truly very concerned about needing to head back to work if things continue as they are. Sadly that seems like a joke to you. I guarantee it isn't to them.
Bruh, you’re in the bubble. My entire family is republicans and they’re talking about why aren’t more people getting the vaccine above all else.
and I bet that conversation doesn't go longer than 3 minutes a day.

7/22/2021 9:09 PM (edited)
Posted by rsp777 on 7/22/2021 11:40:00 PM (view original):
Dong Dong, the DICK is DEAD! :)
7/23/2021 8:37 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 7/22/2021 9:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 7/21/2021 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 7/21/2021 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 7/21/2021 12:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 7/20/2021 8:13:00 PM (view original):
All3. Republicans are too busy talking about critical race theory, Dr. Seuss, Mr. Potato Head, and Lola Bunny to actually talk policy.
Don’t forget “it’s ok to not want the vaccine.” They’re talking about that a lot too.
You two close-minded fools have zero idea what anybody outside you're little bubble is talking about.
Real people, those working 9-5, of both Parties, are talking about the crazy rise in prices, the growing problems at the border, and yes, how critical race theory doesn't belong in schools. Nobody is talking about getting or not getting vaccines, or any of the other "funny" things you list.
Try getting out from behind your computer and stop fully swallowing every bit of garbage the media feeds you, and find out what's really going on around you. Many people in bob's situation are truly very concerned about needing to head back to work if things continue as they are. Sadly that seems like a joke to you. I guarantee it isn't to them.
Bruh, you’re in the bubble. My entire family is republicans and they’re talking about why aren’t more people getting the vaccine above all else.
and I bet that conversation doesn't go longer than 3 minutes a day.

You’re right it doesn’t! Because like normal people we talk about friends and family, they want to know how my 3 year old and 1 year old are doing. That’s the focus of our conversations.

Normal people don’t base their conversations around what Fox News wants them to be ****** off about.
7/23/2021 8:43 AM
Posted by DougOut on 7/23/2021 5:54:00 AM (view original):

QUOTES / JORDAN CANDLER

Friday Short Cuts

Notable quotables from Victor Davis Hanson, Laura Hollis, Anthony Fauci, and more.

The left is ELITIST!!!! They think DOCTORS and PANDEMIC EXPERTS know more about science and diseases than the COMMON MAN!!!!!!
7/23/2021 6:54 PM
Nobody is reading your pathetic "patriot post" BULLSHIT. You were doing better with 10 year old Jan Brady memes and your ****** cartoons.
7/23/2021 8:40 PM
But Trump, Doug. But Trump.
Look at the lame attempt of Liberals here to defend Biden's job so far. What is the basic thought? But Trump. Same piece of mindless garbage we knew we'd hear from them for 4 (or more) years. No matter what Biden does or doesn't do, their wise answer will be But Trump. That's all they've got. They're "brilliant".
7/24/2021 1:27 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/24/2021 1:27:00 PM (view original):
But Trump, Doug. But Trump.
Look at the lame attempt of Liberals here to defend Biden's job so far. What is the basic thought? But Trump. Same piece of mindless garbage we knew we'd hear from them for 4 (or more) years. No matter what Biden does or doesn't do, their wise answer will be But Trump. That's all they've got. They're "brilliant".
Before Trump it was Bush:

Before that:
7/24/2021 1:57 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 7/23/2021 8:40:00 PM (view original):
Nobody is reading your pathetic "patriot post" BULLSHIT. You were doing better with 10 year old Jan Brady memes and your ****** cartoons.
His stuff is a lot more interesting than yours
7/24/2021 2:47 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...48 Next ▸
Inflation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.