Dobie is at 207 right now
2/19/2011 11:34 AM
Seems like I saw Dobie at 199, after the 24 hour wait period in which the old coaches could have renewed.
So, that means only 8 coaches came on-board after that.
2/19/2011 1:51 PM
51 sims in D1A Leahy right now. Leahy use to be one of the most populated D1A's of all the worlds. Usually less than 30 sims. 
2/19/2011 2:16 PM
Didn't the History channel have a series or show called Zero Population or Life after Humans? 

2/19/2011 3:10 PM
Does WIS make any money by having SIM AI coaches? Because that seems like the plan...
2/19/2011 3:35 PM
Posted by buffalo_rob on 2/19/2011 3:10:00 PM (view original):
Didn't the History channel have a series or show called Zero Population or Life after Humans? 

Yes, it was sponsored by WIS.
2/19/2011 3:40 PM
Seems everyone (WIS) involved will be the happiest when ELE hits.
2/19/2011 8:22 PM
Dobie season 36: 215
2/21/2011 7:39 AM
Posted by mcbethbr on 2/21/2011 7:39:00 AM (view original):
Dobie season 36: 215
I expect this to be my last season in both Wilkinson and Dobie. I stayed around because of a strong senior class for both worlds. I will then be down to my target of 3 worlds. If WIS ever decides to restructure the rewards then I will consider coming back, until then in my opinion its pointless to play more than a few teams.
2/21/2011 10:10 AM

Here's my take on the reward points. I understand why they lowered them, but coaches who reach the highest pinnacle of success should not be penalized for low coach counts. Eliminate the % full deduction for all coaches who make the final four in DIII, DII, and DIAA, and for the coaches in the natl' championship in DIA. Then, at DI, make Level 1 and 2 bowls worth something, even if it's just a couple hundred reward points. Change the reduction for coaches who stay at lower levels longer from 75%/50%/25% to 80%/60%/40%.WIS should give some reward for anyone reaching the playoffs/bowls, and should fully reward those who advance deep. It's only a small change and a slight increase in overall points doled out, but it would eliminate some of the psychological deflation when you earn 425 points for winning a title or winning nothing for reaching a lower level bowl.

2/21/2011 12:02 PM
I know it's not JConte's fault, but I think the rewards thing is a joke. I know they were thinking that people would all of a sudden tell their buddies about the game, because the more coaches there are, the more reward points available. But wouldn't most coaches have already told their friends about the game if they were enjoying it? The change in reward points does nothing to get more human coaches playing.

2/21/2011 2:39 PM
Posted by treyomo on 2/21/2011 12:02:00 PM (view original):

Here's my take on the reward points. I understand why they lowered them, but coaches who reach the highest pinnacle of success should not be penalized for low coach counts. Eliminate the % full deduction for all coaches who make the final four in DIII, DII, and DIAA, and for the coaches in the natl' championship in DIA. Then, at DI, make Level 1 and 2 bowls worth something, even if it's just a couple hundred reward points. Change the reduction for coaches who stay at lower levels longer from 75%/50%/25% to 80%/60%/40%.WIS should give some reward for anyone reaching the playoffs/bowls, and should fully reward those who advance deep. It's only a small change and a slight increase in overall points doled out, but it would eliminate some of the psychological deflation when you earn 425 points for winning a title or winning nothing for reaching a lower level bowl.

Since the new engine has taken most of our coaching responsibilities, WIS thought we ought to have time to market the product as well as beta test.
2/21/2011 6:11 PM
im afraid if this keeps going , wis will just pull the plug on GD...not good for us , but esp them..i know old system had its problems..but if you recruited right..n scheduled right you could compete , just took longer. i was never sucesfull , but i had more fun then i am now..
2/22/2011 4:44 AM
then than i am now. but i still love the game
2/22/2011 4:45 AM
wilkinson is recruiting at 226 teams. just a few up from the end of season
2/22/2011 9:12 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...15 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.