RIP Jose Fernandez, the cokehead Topic

LOL. That's the sort of post edso said so many were fond of making on his board.

"I understand if someone can't relate, but as a baseball player, which you are obviously not if you can't relate,

and a fan of professional baseball, which you are obviously not if you can't relate,

seeing the reactions of men who lost a teammate and a friend definitely hits hard."

If one of MY teammates meets an untimely, unexpected end, I might be bawling my eyes out. You know who wasn't my teammate? Fernandez.
I'm older than you so I've been a fan of baseball longer than you. And it's not just professional baseball for me. But I had no in depth conversations with Fernandez about baseball, or anything, so, no matter how big of a baseball fan I am, he's just a guy in a jersey throwing a baseball for my entertainment. There is no personal connection.

Relating to Munson's death as tec mentioned earlier, I was 16. I came home from school and my mother said "Some guy on the Yankees died. Crashed his plane." I'd been a Yankees fan for 10 years. Munson was somewhat of a big deal. But you know what I thought? "Why the **** is he flying a plane during the season? Take some BP." He was just a guy on my team who, quite frankly, would have said "Who? Never heard of him" if informed of my untimely death.
9/26/2016 7:53 PM
We get it. You don't care.
9/26/2016 7:56 PM
Thanks for acknowledging. But, if it's all the same to you, I'll post again should the urge hit me. Cool?
9/26/2016 7:58 PM
I never told you to stop posting.
9/26/2016 7:58 PM
Well, thanks for that. Because, as you know, I would have if you did.
9/26/2016 8:00 PM
Do whatever you want.
9/26/2016 8:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/26/2016 7:53:00 PM (view original):
LOL. That's the sort of post edso said so many were fond of making on his board.

"I understand if someone can't relate, but as a baseball player, which you are obviously not if you can't relate,

and a fan of professional baseball, which you are obviously not if you can't relate,

seeing the reactions of men who lost a teammate and a friend definitely hits hard."

If one of MY teammates meets an untimely, unexpected end, I might be bawling my eyes out. You know who wasn't my teammate? Fernandez.
I'm older than you so I've been a fan of baseball longer than you. And it's not just professional baseball for me. But I had no in depth conversations with Fernandez about baseball, or anything, so, no matter how big of a baseball fan I am, he's just a guy in a jersey throwing a baseball for my entertainment. There is no personal connection.

Relating to Munson's death as tec mentioned earlier, I was 16. I came home from school and my mother said "Some guy on the Yankees died. Crashed his plane." I'd been a Yankees fan for 10 years. Munson was somewhat of a big deal. But you know what I thought? "Why the **** is he flying a plane during the season? Take some BP." He was just a guy on my team who, quite frankly, would have said "Who? Never heard of him" if informed of my untimely death.
Huh? I see you're still full of yourself because that post had NOTHING to do with you.

I was simply referring to people who aren't baseball players/fans. As in, I wouldn't expect it to upset someone outside the sport.
9/26/2016 8:12 PM
Well, first, I'm pretty sure you're not a professional baseball player. So I assume you spoke about it "as a baseball player" at some point in your life. Second, you plainly state you're referring to people "who aren't baseball players/fans." And, again plainly stated, "wouldn't expect it to upset someone outside the sport." Which I assume includes fans.

If you've read a single post in this thread, you know his death doesn't upset me. Am I not a "real" fan? Did I never play baseball?
9/26/2016 8:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/26/2016 8:22:00 PM (view original):
Well, first, I'm pretty sure you're not a professional baseball player. So I assume you spoke about it "as a baseball player" at some point in your life. Second, you plainly state you're referring to people "who aren't baseball players/fans." And, again plainly stated, "wouldn't expect it to upset someone outside the sport." Which I assume includes fans.

If you've read a single post in this thread, you know his death doesn't upset me. Am I not a "real" fan? Did I never play baseball?
"I wouldn't expect it to affect people outside the sport."
"Everyone in the sport would be affected by it; if you're not upset, you're not a player/fan"

Do you see the difference between those two statements? You're starting to show BL-level reading comprehension.

Once again, not everything is about you. Just because you've commented in this thread, doesn't mean every post is directed at you. I couldn't care less what upsets you and what doesn't. Given the pompous ***** we both know you are, I wouldn't expect much would upset you anyway.
9/26/2016 8:26 PM
Pretty sure my reading comprehension is just fine. You're just making stupid statements. Not that anyone should be surprised when that happens.

I'm just not into getting worked up over someone I do not know on a personal level. Seems like a waste of time/energy.
9/26/2016 8:31 PM
Again, I don't give a **** what works you up. My post was not addressed to you. Get over yourself.
9/26/2016 8:51 PM
These are your words, right? "I understand if someone can't relate, but as a baseball player, and a fan of professional baseball, seeing the reactions of men who lost a teammate and a friend definitely hits hard."

I don't relate and it doesn't hit me hard. Therefore, according to you, I must not be a fan of baseball.

Your post was in a public forum. It addresses everyone who can read it, you stupid bastard.
9/26/2016 9:16 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/26/2016 9:16:00 PM (view original):
These are your words, right? "I understand if someone can't relate, but as a baseball player, and a fan of professional baseball, seeing the reactions of men who lost a teammate and a friend definitely hits hard."

I don't relate and it doesn't hit me hard. Therefore, according to you, I must not be a fan of baseball.

Your post was in a public forum. It addresses everyone who can read it, you stupid bastard.
Come on dude, he's saying, "from my point of view...hits hard."

Only you would come to this thread to pick fights.
9/26/2016 9:24 PM
"I understand if someone can't relate, but as a baseball player, and a fan of professional baseball,"

This would not be a jab at anyone:
I understand if someone can't relate, but, seeing the reactions of men who lost a teammate and a friend, it definitely hits hard."

Surely you're not as dense at jtpops.

And, BTW, haven't you posted pics of dead bodies? Your morals lesson isn't required. Thanks.

9/26/2016 9:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/26/2016 9:31:00 PM (view original):
"I understand if someone can't relate, but as a baseball player, and a fan of professional baseball,"

This would not be a jab at anyone:
I understand if someone can't relate, but, seeing the reactions of men who lost a teammate and a friend, it definitely hits hard."

Surely you're not as dense at jtpops.

And, BTW, haven't you posted pics of dead bodies? Your morals lesson isn't required. Thanks.

What? I've never posted pics of dead bodies.
9/26/2016 9:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...11 Next ▸
RIP Jose Fernandez, the cokehead Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.