Savage XIV Rosters/Commentary Topic

Posted by robusk on 2/23/2024 10:33:00 AM (view original):
Wow I only just now realized how closely my team mirrors the MJ team from last season.
dikembe falls again! i know he has flaws but 5 heavy min season with that defense in the late 3rd?

billups surprised me a bit...didnt think he would be on your radar...perfect fit next to mj imo...sneaky good with the ftas too

marion and nance are somewhat similar so ill be verrrrry interested in how you round out this squad...i thought last season was probably my best 4 man start ever in savage, but was disappointed how i finished the draft

pressure is on tho...if you dont finish better than 5th then i guess that proves im the better savage player haha
2/23/2024 6:58 PM
Posted by robusk on 2/23/2024 4:03:00 PM (view original):
People that went way too high:
Kevin McHale
Ben Wallace
Jrue Holiday
Dennis Rodman
Kyrie Irving
Christian Wood
Klay Thompson
Bob McAdoo

People that went way too late:
Joel Embiid
Magic Johnson
Clint Capela
Jimmy Butler
Charles Barkley
someone yet to be drafted
kyrie? kind of a lower min lillard no? thought you would be high on him

or is it the difference in late 2nd and early 3rd?(where you usually already have 2 guys that probably excel in his two biggest weaknesses - mins and def)
2/23/2024 7:01 PM
Well the plan after getting Moses was to grab Kobe in the third, which I thought would give me great flexibility to fill the low-usage spots in the lineup moving forward. But I was very happy to get Kidd/Moncrief in the 3rd and 4th. Honestly feel like I've got a very good start here and just need to not mess it up moving forward.
2/23/2024 7:45 PM
Posted by dh555 on 2/23/2024 7:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 2/23/2024 4:03:00 PM (view original):
People that went way too high:
Kevin McHale
Ben Wallace
Jrue Holiday
Dennis Rodman
Kyrie Irving
Christian Wood
Klay Thompson
Bob McAdoo

People that went way too late:
Joel Embiid
Magic Johnson
Clint Capela
Jimmy Butler
Charles Barkley
someone yet to be drafted
kyrie? kind of a lower min lillard no? thought you would be high on him

or is it the difference in late 2nd and early 3rd?(where you usually already have 2 guys that probably excel in his two biggest weaknesses - mins and def)
I have him as a bit worse and if Dame had that low of minutes I wouldn't take him there either.
2/23/2024 8:31 PM
Posted by dh555 on 2/23/2024 6:58:00 PM (view original):
Wow I only just now realized how closely my team mirrors the MJ team from last season.
dikembe falls again! i know he has flaws but 5 heavy min season with that defense in the late 3rd?

billups surprised me a bit...didnt think he would be on your radar...perfect fit next to mj imo...sneaky good with the ftas too

marion and nance are somewhat similar so ill be verrrrry interested in how you round out this squad...i thought last season was probably my best 4 man start ever in savage, but was disappointed how i finished the draft

pressure is on tho...if you dont finish better than 5th then i guess that proves im the better savage player haha
Not feeling good so far!

Really no idea how to stomach Dikembe.

Every time I want Moncrief, he goes too early. Whenever I don't need him, he falls too late.
2/23/2024 8:31 PM
Feels really bad taking four seasons and that few of minutes in the fourth. Mailman and Oscar have a ton of minutes, and I just didn't like what some of the other 2s & 3s that go around here offered. Mailman's *** rebounding really hurts building your squad with later picks. I was heavily considering Jarrett Allen and Jerry Lucas to shore up my big minutes but didn't like how they fit with rotations (would have forced my hand on usage at either the 2 or 3). All in all, my meh feelings from before are trending downward.

(also felt pressured to put out a proxy because I knew I was going to be away from communications for a couple of hours and was only 2 slots away)
2/23/2024 9:08 PM
mutombos best rebounding seasons not being 100 is a bummer...made picking his seasons harder than i thought
2/23/2024 9:08 PM
Posted by ashamael on 2/23/2024 9:09:00 PM (view original):
Feels really bad taking four seasons and that few of minutes in the fourth. Mailman and Oscar have a ton of minutes, and I just didn't like what some of the other 2s & 3s that go around here offered. Mailman's *** rebounding really hurts building your squad with later picks. I was heavily considering Jarrett Allen and Jerry Lucas to shore up my big minutes but didn't like how they fit with rotations (would have forced my hand on usage at either the 2 or 3). All in all, my meh feelings from before are trending downward.

(also felt pressured to put out a proxy because I knew I was going to be away from communications for a couple of hours and was only 2 slots away)
What???? That was a great pick dude. Settle down.
2/23/2024 9:15 PM
Posted by robusk on 2/23/2024 8:31:00 PM (view original):

Not feeling good so far!

Every time I want Moncrief, he goes too early. Whenever I don't need him, he falls too late.
I was planning on going Walton/Moncrief in the 3/4, but when Walton went 1 pick ahead of me I pivoted and went with Simmons over Moncrief for boards since I wouldn’t have Walton’s 31 DRB%

….really sad I missed out on Curry/Moncrief/Tyson/Walton though
Posted by dh555 on 2/23/2024 9:08:00 PM (view original):
mutombos best rebounding seasons not being 100 is a bummer...made picking his seasons harder than i thought
I am using 4 100 seasons and one 70s season. Also trying for more 94/95 PF seasons.
Posted by dBKC on 2/23/2024 9:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 2/23/2024 8:31:00 PM (view original):

Not feeling good so far!

I was planning on going Walton/Moncrief in the 3/4, but when Walton went 1 pick ahead of me I pivoted and went with Simmons over Moncrief for boards since I wouldn’t have Walton’s 31 DRB%

….really sad I missed out on Curry/Moncrief/Tyson/Walton though
I was absolutely terrified of you picking Moncrief and breathed a massive sigh of relief when you picked Simmons instead of him.
2/23/2024 9:16 PM

I was absolutely terrified of you picking Moncrief and breathed a massive sigh of relief when you picked Simmons instead of him.

Yeah, a Curry/Butler or Curry/Moncrief back court is kind of the dream, I think.

What???? That was a great pick dude. Settle down.

Yes, sir.
2/23/2024 9:20 PM
I’ve used Curry/Simmons together quite a bit and love the pairing, even though it wasn’t my first choice. I know Simmons has some warts, but I won’t be hunting for rebounds with my 5th starter as much now.
2/23/2024 9:29 PM
I’m out but I think I made picks that made sense? Needed defense and as little usage as possible.
2/23/2024 9:38 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 2/23/2024 9:38:00 PM (view original):
I’m out but I think I made picks that made sense? Needed defense and as little usage as possible.
I think I did well lol. Kyle Anderson is mostly low usage decent defense. And some 3s. Dale davis definitely gives me boards and some decent defensive cover.
2/24/2024 1:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...31 Next ▸
Savage XIV Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.