Savage XIV Rosters/Commentary Topic

Ended up having a hell of a time picking between Birdman and Horford. I liked Birdman's D and boards, but ultimately went for Horford for the minutes and other stuff he does well, plus providing more flexibility in the builds where I'll need some usage from the 3. And Horford is Mr. Flexible.

I know people have looked Timelord there too and Rob has had success with that but it just doesn't line up with how I draft, or how my team was looking.
2/24/2024 4:17 PM
Posted by dh555 on 2/22/2024 5:37:00 PM (view original):
*VOLUNTEERS NEEDED*

So robusk is once again tasked with evals as our league champion. If you've ever done evals you know how it goes - excited to start them, then you get a little tired of it, and finally it becomes a chore by the time you get to the end. And I'm just talking about written ones here. Rob has been dishing out 2 hour youtube videos lately haha. So I think he might need a break with evals this time.

So here's what I'm thinking...

I need 5 other owners who wouldn't mind doing evals. Those 5 and myself will do evals for 4 teams each. Feel free to do them in any style you like, but it should be more then a sentence or two. The sections will be split by draft order so 1-4 will be a group, 5-8 etc. If you want to be part of the evals, please let me know here or by sitemail and let me know which section you wish to do. I'll take the remaining one. I'll keep track of it on page 1 of this thread under the rosters.

steelers and jcred have stepped up...we still need 3 more

its always interesting to hear different owners opinions on drafting...doesnt matter where you usually finish either...sign up now!
2/25/2024 2:55 PM
I will help with the evals.
2/25/2024 4:28 PM
The glow-up: Jethro in the 7th with one of the steals of the draft. Good stuff, Jethro.
2/25/2024 5:13 PM
I'll help with the evals also.
2/25/2024 5:24 PM
Ben just keeps ending up with the highest value dudes that are on the board due to me needing something else worse at the time. It really does seem like his to lose this time.
2/26/2024 3:36 PM
thank you midge and nc

one more spot open
2/26/2024 3:44 PM
I have the time I can do this but I suck
2/26/2024 7:43 PM
Posted by NotoriousJ on 2/26/2024 7:43:00 PM (view original):
I have the time I can do this but I suck
thanks...its fun to hear different perspectives
2/26/2024 8:01 PM
With the exception of usage, 23 Mobley had a remarkably similar season to 18 Anthony Davis
2/26/2024 9:50 PM
I never thought I’d be so excited about getting Rondo, but here we are. I know he has been historically overdrafted, but getting him at the 9/10 turn feels like a win if he fits your roster (which, he does fit mine as a Simmons platoon partner)

Simmons/Rondo
Curry/J West
Ibaka/MPJ
(Clusterf*ck that will include Plumlee + upcoming picks)
Tyson/Kessler/upcoming picks

I can work with that
2/27/2024 3:07 PM
I do think Rondo was good value there. I thought hard about Rondo as a Kidd backup with my 9th pick, but ultimately the TOs plus lack of threes scared me away given that both of those are existing weaknesses for my team (candidly I may regret picking James Johnson over some other options that could have given me more threes and fewer turnovers, anyway).
2/27/2024 3:33 PM
My teams are turning out surprisingly okay. I took a huge risk in waiting so long to get SF minutes. Got really disheartened in round 7 with everyone who went either right before or after me. I'm sure the next round is going to be a punch in the balls with what I still need, but hey, that's what I signed up for.
2/27/2024 3:53 PM
Very Happy with how this came together

PG - LeBron / TBD
SG - B.Clarke / T.Harris / D.Melton
SF - J.Henson / K.Washington / M.Willams / T.Harris
PF / C - Drummond / Parish / Mourning / TBD
2/28/2024 12:01 PM
I kinda like Roy and I’m always a fan of Zelmo.

pg- Doncic - Roy - Siakem
SG- Kyle Anderson -Robert Covington
SF- Barkley -Siakem-probably Mchale
pf- McHale - Gortat - Beaty
c- Davis - Varejao- Gortat

really worried about my defense.
2/28/2024 7:13 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...31 Next ▸
Savage XIV Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.