ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

I'M A MUSLIM, INFIDEL!!!!!
12/26/2014 8:18 AM
What are your thoughts on the Hall of Fame process in HBD? What should/can be done to ensure the players who deserve to get in actually get voted in?
12/26/2014 1:47 PM
Team Hall of Fames chosen by the owner.   WifS auto chooses the best from that group.  
12/26/2014 2:02 PM
To further explore automating the HoF-- how often, if at all, do you find yourself voting for someone who was nominated by a team and not by the AI (I can't remember the last time I voted for such a player)?  Would you also support the less radical approach of eliminating team nominations?  The point would be to (a) dilute the vote less and (b) to increase voting rates by making the voting page less daunting.
12/26/2014 3:08 PM
I can't say I look at who nominated a player unless he appears to be a lifetime scrub.    I'd have no problem with SIMMY picking a dozen players each season to vote on.   As it stands, I think pretty much everyone votes for "their guy" so, in essence, you're casting three votes.    And that's if you vote at all.   Participation seems to run at about 60% most of the time.
12/26/2014 4:21 PM
So I have a long winded two part question.

An owner of a franchise used a LEFT HANDED 69/70/70/70 player at 3B and 2B for 600 ML games.  Ended up with 60+ errors and 100 negative plays in this time span.  When the "poor plays" or "negative plays" were mentioned on the world home page, this player came up, and there was some mocking and criticizing of the lefty in the infield from various members of the world.  I trade chatted the guy and asked "can you please quit using left handed players in the infield", to which he'd say "Oh yeah sorry, didnt notice he was left handed."  But wouldn't you know, this was a 95-100 win team that even managed a WS ring while using said left handed infielder.  

So the owner leaves, a new owner steps in and still uses this guy at 2B.  I ask again, "hey can you please quit using this lefty in the infield".  But he throws a fit and pouts saying "Oh the integrity police are here" blah blah blah, and pretty much defends using a left handed infielder.  

So, #1, isnt using a left handed infielder "tanking"?  And #2, if it's happening isn't the commissioner supposed to step in and say something?  I dont know how Im ending up as the bad guy here.  
12/26/2014 10:34 PM
Did you know that the guy who invented the ZIPS Projections thinks that Kenny Lofton should have received more HOF consideration than he did?
12/26/2014 11:40 PM
Isn't "tanking" a term used to describe teams that LOSE purposefully?

Do you think calling out a team that wins 95-100 per season and a WS  for "tanking" is pretty absurd? 

Do you think this guy would call YOU a tanker for playing the C/DH in RF?
12/27/2014 1:44 AM
How weird is it that the only two guys ever to go to a WS and a final four both went to the same high school (14 or 15 years apart if memory serves)? Kenny Lofton and Tim Staddord or Stoddard or something like that.
12/27/2014 3:08 AM

Winning 95+ games per year kind of negates any tanking charges.  I've said a million times that there are millions of ways to build a winner.   A LH at 2B is unorthodox but maybe he carries a huge bat and that's where he works best on the team.   If an owner wanted to play 8 1B in the field and wins games 17-15 about 90 times a season, well, good for him.    #2, no, as a commish, I wouldn't step in and say "Hey, I know you're winning 95 games a year but that LH 2B is too much.  Fix it."    My guess is that it's Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Chris Ward.   

I've read about half of that thread.   The other half is BL.

It is.  I do.  Probably.

A strange coincidence.

12/27/2014 8:08 AM
Why if I have the top bid on two coaches for the same position do I always sign the crappier one?
12/28/2014 12:33 AM
Since I don't get myself worked up over coach hiring, I have no idea.
12/28/2014 11:29 AM
I notice sometimes owners offer MLB contracts to IFAs.  This eat up option years doesn't it?

What's the advantage of doing so? I mean if you bid more than the guy offering a MLB contract , the IFA still signs with the highest bidder right?
12/28/2014 7:14 PM
It will eat up one option year at a minimum.   You can designate the player, without waivers, and take him off the 40.

You can offer about 960k more(all bonua money + 327k per year).   He will still sign with the highest bidder.  

As for burning options, if he's good, you won't need them anyway.   About 1/3 of my players on my long-term teams still have options.
12/28/2014 8:27 PM
What is your opinion of the coach and GM firings in the NFL today?
12/29/2014 11:20 AM
◂ Prev 1...858|859|860|861|862...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.