'A' Prestige D-I Loses to D-II -- Both Very High! Topic

The principle that lower level teams generally only get the talent that upper level teams pass on applies equally to ostensible D1 players dropping to D2/D3 ... and stars dropping to lower level D1. See, I do have a bit of patience to explain these things to you, even though you've generally just been an azz and a failed comedian.
1/4/2017 10:00 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/4/2017 10:01:00 PM (view original):
The principle that lower level teams generally only get the talent that upper level teams pass on applies equally to ostensible D1 players dropping to D2/D3 ... and stars dropping to lower level D1. See, I do have a bit of patience to explain these things to you, even though you've generally just been an azz and a failed comedian.
Okay potato. Nice try at saving face. No one is going to buy it.
1/4/2017 10:07 PM
Posted by Benis on 1/4/2017 8:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 8:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 1/4/2017 8:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 8:45:00 PM (view original):
I don't think it is. And I don't think it should be. But, when you're on top, prepare for a fight. Others want to be there. Don't complain that it's hard to stay on top. It should be.
That's fine. No one is saying they don't want to fight. Just give me the resources to fight with as others have gotten.
Resources are based on how many roster spots you have.

Here's one. I want to cut two SIMAI guys and recruit 4. They aren't my guys. They suck. I don't want them. You know when my LOUSY D3 can get the resources to replace my LOUSY players? Same time a GREAT D1 gets resources to replace their GREAT player.

When will someone shed tears for me?
I'm not sure I understand the comparison. You cut those players and you get the resources. Go and try to find some players to help your D3 team win.

And people have been complaining that changing job sucks. I don't understand what being LOUSY has to do with it.
Can't cut them until RS2. Exactly the same time EE declare.

If you don't know the difference between getting to use a GREAT player for a season or two and having to use a LOUSY player for a season, I'm not sure I can explain much at all to you.

So no tears for me?
1/4/2017 10:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 10:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 1/4/2017 8:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 8:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 1/4/2017 8:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 8:45:00 PM (view original):
I don't think it is. And I don't think it should be. But, when you're on top, prepare for a fight. Others want to be there. Don't complain that it's hard to stay on top. It should be.
That's fine. No one is saying they don't want to fight. Just give me the resources to fight with as others have gotten.
Resources are based on how many roster spots you have.

Here's one. I want to cut two SIMAI guys and recruit 4. They aren't my guys. They suck. I don't want them. You know when my LOUSY D3 can get the resources to replace my LOUSY players? Same time a GREAT D1 gets resources to replace their GREAT player.

When will someone shed tears for me?
I'm not sure I understand the comparison. You cut those players and you get the resources. Go and try to find some players to help your D3 team win.

And people have been complaining that changing job sucks. I don't understand what being LOUSY has to do with it.
Can't cut them until RS2. Exactly the same time EE declare.

If you don't know the difference between getting to use a GREAT player for a season or two and having to use a LOUSY player for a season, I'm not sure I can explain much at all to you.

So no tears for me?
I would cry some tears for you mike but I used them all up laughing at Spud.
1/4/2017 10:28 PM
Posted by Benis on 1/4/2017 10:07:00 PM (view original):
LOL. You're not. "You can't handle the truth."
1/4/2017 10:32 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/4/2017 10:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 1/4/2017 10:07:00 PM (view original):
LOL. You're not. "You can't handle the truth."
Let me get this straight. You first mistakeningly assume NMSU was a d2 or d3 team and make fun of me for not knowing what I'm doing. Then when I call you out on your mistake you try to save face by implying that the players I'm talking about aren't actually any good and the other teams LET me have them.

You did this without bothering to even look at the players I'm referring to (not hard to do, its like 4 clicks) or finding out about who I battled or the circumstances.

pretty similar to when you "presumed" that the D2 school beat the D1 school because they went all in even though its mathematically impossible for them to do so.

Trust me, I love when you make a foolish azz of yourself so please just keep ignoring facts and keep on saying whatever nonsense pops in your head.
1/4/2017 10:48 PM
"Let me get this straight. You first mistakeningly assume NMSU was a d2 or d3 team..."

No, you haven't got it straight. I assume nothing. Face what you seem so reluctant to face: the principle that lower level teams generally only get the talent that upper level teams pass on applies equally to all levels.

Start reading, start thinking, stop trying to read minds, stop trying to be a big man ... and you might get somewhere. As it is, you're getting no traction at all and you're fading into the background noise. Of course, you know that and therefore resort to more childish name-calling.
1/5/2017 12:22 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/5/2017 12:24:00 AM (view original):
"Let me get this straight. You first mistakeningly assume NMSU was a d2 or d3 team..."

No, you haven't got it straight. I assume nothing. Face what you seem so reluctant to face: the principle that lower level teams generally only get the talent that upper level teams pass on applies equally to all levels.

Start reading, start thinking, stop trying to read minds, stop trying to be a big man ... and you might get somewhere. As it is, you're getting no traction at all and you're fading into the background noise. Of course, you know that and therefore resort to more childish name-calling.
Hahaha. You're really digging your heels in on this one aren't you potato?

You assume nothing? Let's revisit what you said. I'll remove your smartazz snark for the sake of brevity.

“But they now need to worry about me and my D prestige NMSU team because I can now beat them. They can't just coast along. I think we all agree on this right?"
Nope, swing and a miss again. D3 or D2 ONLY get talent that D1 passes on. Period.

So you quote something I said about my D1 team and then start talking about D2 and D3. You cherry picked a couple things I said from different posts and smooshed them together in a failed attempt to be a wise guy. I then call you out on it and you dig your heels in by making a statement (and underlining it to indicate that it is especially important) that low level D1 teams can "generally" only compete against upper level D1 teams if they pass on them. You also said these are ostensible D1 players which implies that the players I'm claiming to have won in battles against B6 aren't really D1 players at all.

Now you went from making a mistake to just making a completely false statement and have no data to base it upon because you're too lazy to find out.

Here's one of the players I'm talking about. Is he an "ostensible D1 player"?
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3494061

I've sitemailed coaches after battles and shared notes so I'm well aware if other coaches are 'passing' on them or if they're truly trying to win the battle. I've gotten to High vs VH against B prestige B6 teams who have gone all in. I've gotten to VH vs H against a B+ prestige B6 team who used 15 HVs. In total, I've had 4 battles against B6 teams where it was H vs VH. I've lost 2 and won 2.

Oh and I don't whine about name calling when you call me Bevis. Being called a potato is actually pretty kind for you and you should feel flattered.

1/5/2017 7:01 AM
1/5/2017 7:17 AM
Posted by Benis on 1/5/2017 7:01:00 AM (view original):

You assume nothing? Let's revisit what you said. I'll remove your smartazz snark for the sake of brevity.

“But they now need to worry about me and my D prestige NMSU team because I can now beat them. They can't just coast along. I think we all agree on this right?"
Nope, swing and a miss again. D3 or D2 ONLY get talent that D1 passes on. Period.

So you quote something I said about my D1 team and then start talking about D2 and D3. You cherry picked a couple things I said from different posts and smooshed them together in a failed attempt to be a wise guy. I then call you out on it and you dig your heels in by making a statement (and underlining it to indicate that it is especially important) that low level D1 teams can "generally" only compete against upper level D1 teams if they pass on them. You also said these are ostensible D1 players which implies that the players I'm claiming to have won in battles against B6 aren't really D1 players at all.

Now you went from making a mistake to just making a completely false statement and have no data to base it upon because you're too lazy to find out.

I've sitemailed coaches after battles and shared notes so I'm well aware if other coaches are 'passing' on them or if they're truly trying to win the battle. I've gotten to High vs VH against B prestige B6 teams who have gone all in. I've gotten to VH vs H against a B+ prestige B6 team who used 15 HVs. In total, I've had 4 battles against B6 teams where it was H vs VH. I've lost 2 and won 2.

Oh and I don't whine about name calling when you call me Bevis. Being called a potato is actually pretty kind for you and you should feel flattered.

If I wanted to call you names, I'd go with *****. Seems so obvious.
1/5/2017 9:22 AM
No name calling Mike.
1/5/2017 10:51 AM
That's why I haven't called him "*****" despite several disagreements. When you resort to that, you probably don't have much of a point and, if you did, you recognize that it's never going to sink in. Although I don't mind calling someone a dumbass. It's just easier than "That's the most irrelevant and pointless post ever made in the history of the internet."
1/5/2017 11:02 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/5/2017 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 1/5/2017 7:01:00 AM (view original):

If I wanted to call you names, I'd go with *****. Seems so obvious.
Per our discussion in the other thread, does that mean you would vote for him?
1/5/2017 11:10 AM
Depends on what he's running for.
1/5/2017 11:14 AM
I don't assume anything about Benis' team because I don't pay any attention to him or his team.

I have always thought "Benis" was a typo.

Since it seems so important to Benis to be a big man on the forums, I'll stop correcting him and leave him be wrong. He tries so hard and seems to think his name-calling is so clever. His ego seems fragile.

Happy New Year.
1/5/2017 2:27 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...13 Next ▸
'A' Prestige D-I Loses to D-II -- Both Very High! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.