ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Inconsistency.   His WHIP will be bad but his ERA will be in the ballpark of league average.   But, as a RP, he probably won't get enough innings to "even out" the results.    He walks two, gives up a homer and is pulled.   Horrible outing that will hurt his averages.   Or, maybe, he pitches two scoreless innings with 4 walks. 
4/21/2015 10:53 AM
Posted by hockey1984 on 4/19/2015 6:47:00 AM (view original):
Did the HBD mantinance update fix the injury bug?

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=3199822

I only have 18 mill in medical but John Feng was on the DL for 2 cycles. You can see the recovery in the first but no bump in the second.
http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6468254

In my other league I have 20 mill medical and put this guy on the 60 dl. First injury bump and he improved. Do you think they fixed it so you get a bit of a stats increase on the first bump but then nothing else or was his first bump a + of his previous stats because of how young he is?
4/21/2015 9:21 PM
No, there is just no consistency.   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: David Barrios    I could give you plenty of recent examples like this.
4/21/2015 10:07 PM
Our draft in Major Leagues took place last night. I had the 15th selection in the first round and did my typical 50-60 player rankings. I am happy with the player I drafted but am perturbed as to why there was one player ranked higher that my team did not pick.

My draft setting for round 1 was very conservative and the player signability in question was "Looking to be selected in the first five rounds.  If not, he'll probably head back to college for his senior season."

Why did my team pass on him? Is the player signability really questionable based on what was listed?

4/22/2015 11:46 AM
** Forget that last post. I am an idiot, had the draft sorted wrong. Said player in question was drafted 13th overall.** Still would like some insight into the draft signability if you do not mind. Thanks.
4/22/2015 11:48 AM
The only reason I can think of is positional settings.   As long as you had 1 "any", I'd have thought you'd have picked him.    If you did, I'm guessing it has to be because he wasn't "Looking to sign" under the very conservative.
4/22/2015 11:49 AM

Oh, nevermind.   I don't really have much insight on the situation you laid out as far as signability.

4/22/2015 11:50 AM
any idea on what influences a team getting hbp more than another? in one of my leagues, after 108 games, the range goes from 58 down to 17.
4/23/2015 7:50 AM
Batter temper, I do believe. 
4/23/2015 8:06 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/22/2015 11:49:00 AM (view original):
The only reason I can think of is positional settings.   As long as you had 1 "any", I'd have thought you'd have picked him.    If you did, I'm guessing it has to be because he wasn't "Looking to sign" under the very conservative.
The last sentence is what I believe. I have had the exact same thing that easy describes happen to me as well. 

Further evidence substantiating this theory:
I actually did sign a guy once who was "looking to be drafted in the first round, if not he'll head back to college".
Although I did draft him in the first round, he still wouldn't sign.

The combination of both experiences leads me to believe that anything other than "willing to sign for slot money" comes with at least some degree of questionable signability and therefore the selection of "Very Conservative" will exclude anyone who isn't 100% signable or WTSFSM.

Does that seem about right?
4/23/2015 8:50 AM
Did Sergei91 redline my forum post?
4/23/2015 10:45 AM

There's nothing there that I would dispute.

Looks like he did.

4/23/2015 10:52 AM
Pitching: Stamina/Durability question.. 

I have a pitcher that is able to pitch 280+ IP during the regular season..  Will time needed to recover between starts in the playoffs be affected by me maxing him out in the regular season? My team is almost a lock for the top 2 seed.. I've been pitching him every 3-4 games all season and his recovery time has not changed.. Does it start to change once he is gttting closer to his max point on IP? I'd like to see how many inning I can get out of him but would hate for it to slow down his recovery time between starts in the playoffs.. 

Here's the two pitchers.. I'm referring to.. 
http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6910061

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6909601

4/23/2015 3:05 PM
I've never had a problem with that.    Theoretically, 100% is 100%.    So I guess what you're asking if there's a pre-set inning limit over the course of 86 real-life days that will affect recovery time at the end.   I don't believe so.   Plus, with all the off days in the playoffs, it shouldn't matter unless you're hoping to use less than a 3 man staff. 
4/23/2015 4:30 PM
Have you ever seen a Catcher that was efficient at running/stealing bases? Either in the sim or in real life. I honestly can't think of one.
4/24/2015 10:41 AM
◂ Prev 1...904|905|906|907|908...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.