ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Willard Conrad played CF for me all last season at 84.   The RF and negative plays weren't as troubling as the 12 errors.    My thought on CF range is evolving.   I don't think 80-84 is all that bad anymore.    Slightly better offensively seems to be the answer.
10/2/2015 1:49 PM
Why do you get 5,250 reward points for a World Series win? Seems like an odd number as it's not enough for 2 seasons.
10/3/2015 2:49 PM
Beats me. 
10/4/2015 11:58 AM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Terrence Wood

He's a 79 Makeup. I'm still confused about what makeup does. Does it A) mean that Wood is more likely to reach his projected ratings or B) will reach those ratings earlier than if he had a 41 Makeup?
10/4/2015 12:45 PM
Make-up is part of the improvement/decline equation.   Since players still develop for 5ish seasons, they get there quicker and are more likely to improve the most.
10/4/2015 2:04 PM
How many monkeys have been poked in the CC Sabathia thread?
10/5/2015 4:35 PM

At least one, maybe three.  But the day is young and I've got a bottle of Jack and a bucket of coke.

10/5/2015 4:43 PM
In your infinite wisdom, can you explain  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Tony Kent to me.  STL isnt HR friendly, its not like he's at Coors.  I feel if I used a guy like that he'd hit .119.  Is he a better player than Im giving him credit for?
10/5/2015 8:56 PM
Big power guys with little else produce inconsistent results.   Kent's OPS has ranged from .674 to .915.   That pretty much tells the story.    Due to injury, Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Charlie Mateo has been getting a shot.    .735 looks about right. 
10/6/2015 8:36 AM
I've seen some owners who have what looks to be between 15-20 HBD teams. How the heck do they balence and keep track of all of them?

Also, if you had the choice of the Yankees beating Huston or one of your HBD teams winning the World Series, which would you pick?
10/6/2015 11:58 AM
Say I have a player in AAA that has 3 pro years and 0 ML years.  I am 3/4 of the way through the season.  One of my ML players gets hurt.  If I want to call up the AAA player, will this season count as 1 ML year, thus leading one year closer to arbitration?
10/6/2015 12:51 PM
They can't.  There just isn't enough time in the day to run a dozen teams(at least like I do).   Some  of them have to be on auto-pilot or inactive. 
Yankees beat Houston.   Now, if it's my softball team win the tourney or Yanks beat Houston, Yanks better handle their own business.

The number of games will count.   If he plays 40 games, it's roughly the equivalent of voiding the "wait 20 games to call-up" strategy.
10/6/2015 1:50 PM
What's the "wait 20 games to call up strategy"?
10/6/2015 1:56 PM
If you hold a player back at the start of the season for 20 minor league games, you can get an extra year of minimum salary and delay arb/free agency.  It's a bone of contention between owners who think you should always do it and owners who think potentially costing yourself wins isn't much of a strategy.   To elaborate my POV, sometimes it's a good idea, sometimes it's just plain stupid.   Depends on the players and your current situation.    There was/is some discussion on it in a thread started by jetsons on this page.
10/6/2015 2:00 PM
Mike, how close do you think this guy (https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=7523906) will come to his projections?
10/7/2015 6:31 PM
◂ Prev 1...951|952|953|954|955...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.