RELIGION DISCUSSION Topic

A place for anything you want to say with no holds barred. Preach, discuss argue rant and rave.
This is the place.
All religions and all atheists or all unaffiliated or all agnostics.

You want to try and convert. Ok This is where you can try and convince others that you are a true believer in the true
religion. But don’t be telling anyone they are going to hell.

This is the place where there is free will to talk about religion or non religion and anything in between. 27 flavors.
7/15/2022 5:59 PM (edited)
Jetson only speaks for Jetson. You tell me I am going to hell, I may very well take it personally.
7/2/2022 3:05 PM
I do thoroughly believe that when someone comes to your door with pamphlets and maybe a tabernacle choir that is intrusive and even if their heart is in the right place it is disrespectful because adults in this country know
what they believe and don’t believe and should never be subjected without an invitation to being told that - YOU BETTER BELIEVE OR ELSE -

This thread says anything goes and can be said or discussed.
7/2/2022 4:31 PM
Matthew 15:25-28

I will get to this one.
It is so interesting to me. Whether this happened or did not happen it shows the background of much of the jewish community and their worry of assimilation and need to have a messiah that was for them - exclusively.

By the way, messiah was a construct that only started in the jewish community in the 150 years prior to Jesus. The messiah was to be an invincible military commander - not superman but an ordinary man with such leadership that he would free them from their servitude and oppression.

The idea of a man/god had its roots in the roman/greek religions.
It came about partly to console and to give a reason for Jesus’ failure to liberate the jews by his cult of followers. He was certainly not a leader of all of the jews. He was followed by his group who called him rabbi and did not think he was a deity until sometime after he died and only a few people allegedly were witness to his revival.

The other part in the development of the myth was to give the romans what they wanted - a new god/man which had always been their tradition.
At first they balked because of the rules of kosher and a few others. They were happy when Paul told them they did not have to follow it.

Jesus filled their religious void as the first gods were no longer being followed and they needed something new.

Tomorrow i’ll write about that passage from Matthew.

BTW - the gospels are out of order Almost every scholar believes that Mark was the first written about 30 years after the death of Jesus and Matthew was second.
7/2/2022 5:16 PM (edited)
None of this came from the internet.
I know some stuff. I have read.
This came right out my memory of things I have read by religious scholars.
7/2/2022 5:18 PM
So i invite the 3 fundamentalist christian’s to discuss.
Fundamentalist is not a pejorative term just an accurate descriptive term.

I am an agnostic not an atheist. They are different things. I was taught the jewish religion but did not believe in the bible at 12 years old.
I very happily remain jewish in my ethnicity or race depending upon context.
My values and approach to life is Jewish.

For me it all comes down to - Love thy neighbor as thy self.
Although Jesus is given credit for this it actually comes from Leviticus - old testament.
7/2/2022 5:32 PM (edited)
I know much more then some of you think I do.
There is a proper time and proper place to discuss religion otherwise you are imposing your view which making you anathema.
7/2/2022 5:36 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 7/2/2022 4:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/2/2022 3:05:00 PM (view original):
Jetson only speaks for Jetson. You tell me I am going to hell, I may very well take it personally.
I never said that I don’t take it personally and where did I say that I speak for you.

I only take it personally when it is completely outside of the subject being discussed and it is out of place.
One of those relevance time and a place things.

I don’t believe in it whatsoever and it is not antisemetic to say it so I don’t take it personally as an attack.

If it is said here I won’t take it in any way as an attack or not relevant. I’m happy to give my point of view
and it is what this thread is for.
right here
" If HERE you want to tell me i’m going to hell here i won’t take it personally "
7/2/2022 6:10 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 7/2/2022 5:36:00 PM (view original):
There is a proper time and proper place to discuss religion otherwise you are imposing your view which making you anathema.
You may know more than some people think you do, but you also may know less than you think you do.
7/2/2022 6:13 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/2/2022 6:10:00 PM (view original):
I never said that I don’t take it personally and where did I say that I speak for you.

I only take it personally when it is completely outside of the subject being discussed and it is out of place.

I don’t believe in it whatsoever and it is not antisemetic to say it so I don’t take it personally as an attack.

If it is said here I won’t take it in any way as an attack or not relevant. I’m happy to give my point of view
right here
" If HERE you want to tell me i’m going to hell here i won’t take it personally "
I have absolutely no idea of what you are attempting to convey.
i give my opinion unapologetically.
I honestly have no idea what your point is.
I speak for myself - of course.
7/2/2022 6:39 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/2/2022 6:13:00 PM (view original):
You may know more than some people think you do, but you also may know less than you think you do.
such a stupid and unnecessary thing to say.
You are a really passive aggressive guy.
Im just saying that stupid nonsense like that is the reason so many people block you.

U know you will retort something - that is your opinion.
I can’t take a person like you seriously and obviously I am in a large group.
7/2/2022 6:43 PM
maybe you are a fortune cookie.
7/2/2022 6:43 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 7/2/2022 6:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/2/2022 6:10:00 PM (view original):

right here
I have absolutely no idea of what you are attempting to convey.
i give my opinion unapologetically.
I honestly have no idea what your point is.
I speak for myself - of course.
I wasn't addressing you anyway. I was talking to anyone else who might read this thread.
7/2/2022 7:32 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 7/2/2022 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/2/2022 6:13:00 PM (view original):
such a stupid and unnecessary thing to say.
You are a really passive aggressive guy.
Im just saying that stupid nonsense like that is the reason so many people block you.

U know you will retort something - that is your opinion.
I can’t take a person like you seriously and obviously I am in a large group.
I don't give a crap whether you take me seriously or not. I care very little for your opinion about me or just about anything else. I don't take you very seriously either. I also don't care if anyone here takes me seriously. I don't actually know any of you and you don't know me, so what any of you think about me means nothing.
7/2/2022 7:35 PM
and speaking of stupid and unnecessary things to say that covers most of the stuff you post.
7/2/2022 7:37 PM
1|2|3...33 Next ▸
RELIGION DISCUSSION Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.