Round 1 Themes, 2021 Topic

Posted by ozomatli on 3/16/2021 11:24:00 AM (view original):
$120M: Hit Type Challenge
You must choose one hit type (singles, doubles, triples, homeruns) and build a team that focuses exclusively on it. Every hitter on your team must have a rate (i.e. singles / 100AB) that is or exceeds the number below for your chosen hit type, and cannot have any player that meets the number below for any of the other three hit types.
Hit Type___ Rate / 100AB
Singles 25
Doubles 7
Triples 2.5
HRs 6

Details
Seasons:
Hitters can come from any season. Pitchers must come from 1930 - 2020
DH: No
WW: No
AAA: No
Trades: No
Clones: No
Injuries: Turned On
Multi-team players: No restrictions (i.e., you can use partial or combined)
Ballpark: No restrictions
300K Exception: Yes
Team Name: Include your chosen hit type
Division Alignment: Random
Here's a good example of the 300k exception.

Hitters have to follow all of the criteria, pitchers have to be from years 1930-2020, with exception for players who're below 300k. You can have <300k pitchers from 1886-1929 if you prefer, and could have hitters with any criteria you like
5/23/2021 7:02 PM
Posted by redcped on 5/23/2021 1:07:00 PM (view original):
I can see how the 140M could have been misread if you haven't played many "box" themes. The implied but unstated rule is that you only use the selected decades, but you are right that it's not specified precisely. That said, since you have spent at least $120M of your $140M in your decades, it shouldn't be too difficult to replace any players from the small group you used from other decades.

As for 300K exception, I've always understood this to mean that whatever other restrictions a theme requires, a player under $300K may fall outside them. I don't see different scenarios there, though.
I don't see how there's room to misread it at all. You select one decade from each box. Which means you have those 3 decades as a player pool. And you must spend at least $40M on players from each decade, with the remaining $20M still coming from those three decades.
5/23/2021 10:21 PM (edited)
Glad we caught it now!
5/23/2021 10:47 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 5/23/2021 10:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by redcped on 5/23/2021 1:07:00 PM (view original):
I can see how the 140M could have been misread if you haven't played many "box" themes. The implied but unstated rule is that you only use the selected decades, but you are right that it's not specified precisely. That said, since you have spent at least $120M of your $140M in your decades, it shouldn't be too difficult to replace any players from the small group you used from other decades.

As for 300K exception, I've always understood this to mean that whatever other restrictions a theme requires, a player under $300K may fall outside them. I don't see different scenarios there, though.
I don't see how there's room to misread it at all. You select one decade from each box. Which means you have those 3 decades as a player pool. And you must spend at least $40M on players from each decade, with the remaining $20M still coming from those three decades.
In all fairness, if you'd never played a box theme, you could have understood the need to spend the $40M on the three decades chosen but had no exact instruction that all the remaining money also had to be divided among those three.
5/23/2021 11:46 PM
Q: 110M theme

Can a player season be used twice if played for two different teams in the said year? i.e Draft 2008 CC Sabathia CLE on the first roster and then use the 2008 MIL version on the 2nd roster? Of course using properly corresponding teammates on each roster.

Sorry if this has been previously asked and answered.
5/24/2021 1:57 PM
Yes you can do that
5/24/2021 3:58 PM
Posted by 06gsp on 5/6/2021 10:05:00 AM (view original):
For the $110M, I know we can use different parks for Round 1 and Round 2, but do we have to commit to a park now for Round 2 when we submit our Round 2 rosters for verification?

Thinking about it as I was typing, it seems like we should have to, because I'd like to wait to choose based on what kinds of rosters I can project other people to have from seeing their Round 1 rosters.
Good luck projecting mine... no method, only madness!
5/28/2021 1:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14
Round 1 Themes, 2021 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.