The Beatles Topic

Personally I think When the Night is a great song. Big Barn Red, too.
But mainly I think someone has a WHOLE LOTTA free time to spend on making lists to post on the internet.
I have no idea why one would want to spend so much energy ******* into the wind on a small baseball sim site making lists for folks who (as you indicated) haven't listened to (or gave a flying fart about) solo LP's like Red Rose Speedway or Back to the Egg or even Mind Games for that matter.

There must be literally 1000's of releases by 100's of artists one could list as comparable musical art to the post Beatles solo releases.
But why?
9/8/2023 5:52 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 9/8/2023 5:52:00 PM (view original):
Personally I think When the Night is a great song. Big Barn Red, too.
But mainly I think someone has a WHOLE LOTTA free time to spend on making lists to post on the internet.
I have no idea why one would want to spend so much energy ******* into the wind on a small baseball sim site making lists for folks who (as you indicated) haven't listened to (or gave a flying fart about) solo LP's like Red Rose Speedway or Back to the Egg or even Mind Games for that matter.

There must be literally 1000's of releases by 100's of artists one could list as comparable musical art to the post Beatles solo releases.
But why?
If you don’t like it you don’t like it.
9/8/2023 6:07 PM
I still have three remaining albums.
one of the things that is good about this is that I have finally put the songs together so that I can create the albums onto a disc.
They will be great holiday gifts to people who love the Beatles.

So I have 81-83
and 87-92
and 2001 - 2003.

To Laramie blob - I’m not trying to be sarcastic but what you think is irrelevant.
I enjoy this and I’ll do what I enjoy.
9/8/2023 6:12 PM

To cover the years 1972-1975, making it a 20-song collection to close out their careers as a band:

Side One:
Venus and Mars / Rock Show (I would love to see what John and the others could have done with this tune to make it more "Beatle-esque."
Stand By Me (I think the group would have gotten together on this one as an ode to good 'ol R/B/R&R from the early days)
Bangla Desh
Devil Woman (Same with this tune - I'd love to see what Paul could have done to make this more melodic)
My Love
Cold Turkey
This Guitar (Can't Keep From Crying)
Band On The Run
Step Lightly
#9 Dream

Side Two:
Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
Helen Wheels
Photograph
Mind Games
Dark Horse
Listen To What The Man Said
I'm The Greatest
Whatever Gets You Through The Night
You
Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five

I wouldn't think the group as a whole would have included "Live and Let Die" on a Beatles compilation since Paul wrote it specifically for the movie. Also, I didn't include "Rock N' Roll Music" or "Got To Get You Into My Life" since if they were still together, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have re-hashed old tunes and included them on a new record.

That's all I got!

9/8/2023 6:17 PM
No filler I guarantee. To be brutally honest the only song that I think of as a little borderline is Big Barn Bed. I like the song a lot and several music critics give that song high marks.

I really do know the songs.
9/8/2023 6:22 PM
The Beatles were prolific. If they stayed together they would certainly have no fewer then one album each year.

On live and let die - who knows if it would or wouldn’t it. On my 73 album it is included. I do doubt that How do you sleep would make a Beatles album.
9/8/2023 6:25 PM (edited)
Posted by thejuice6 on 9/8/2023 6:19:00 PM (view original):

To cover the years 1972-1975, making it a 20-song collection to close out their careers as a band:

Side One:
Venus and Mars / Rock Show (I would love to see what John and the others could have done with this tune to make it more "Beatle-esque."
Stand By Me (I think the group would have gotten together on this one as an ode to good 'ol R/B/R&R from the early days)
Bangla Desh
Devil Woman (Same with this tune - I'd love to see what Paul could have done to make this more melodic)
My Love
Cold Turkey
Band On The Run
Step Lightly
#9 Dream

Side Two:
Helen Wheels
Photograph
Mind Games
Dark Horse
I'm The Greatest
You

I wouldn't think the group as a whole would have included "Live and Let Die" on a Beatles compilation since Paul wrote it specifically for the movie. Also, I didn't include "Rock N' Roll Music" or "Got To Get You Into My Life" since if they were still together, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have re-hashed old tunes and included them on a new record.

That's all I got!

Over a 4 year period they would have recorded way more then 20 songs together. I take it that you are doing a greatest hits of the 72-75 period.

Like the 62-66 and 67-70 albums.
You have a 70-71 and a 72-75.
That’s cool.

I would have a tough time boiling down my songs to 20 but I will give it a go when I’m done with the albums.
9/8/2023 6:45 PM (edited)
I'm breathless with anticipation.................
9/8/2023 7:02 PM
Circles 1981-1983

side 1
1. Nobody Told Me
2. Take It Away
3. All Those Years Ago
4. Tug of War
5. Say Say Say

side 2
1. Pipes of Peace
2. The Pound Is Sinking
3. The Other Me
4. Wrack My Brain
5. The Man

side 3.
1. I’m Stepping Out
2. What’s That You’re Doing
3. I Don’t Want To Face It
4. Circles
5. Wanderlust

side 4
1. Ebony and Ivory
2. Here Today
3. So Bad
4. Baltimore Oriole
5. Grow Old With Me
1/14/2024 12:41 AM (edited)
Next to last Beatles album - 1987-1992
Flowers In The Dirt

side 1
1. My Brave Face
2. Fish On The Sand
3. Figure of 8
4. Devil’s Radio
5. Weight of the World
6. Put It There

side 2.
1. I’ve Got My Mind Set On You
2. You Want Her Too
3. Don’t Go Where The Road Don’t Go
4. Motor of Love
5. Rough Ride
6. That Day Is Done

side 3
1. This is Love
2. This One
3. We Got Married
4. After All These Years
5. Just For Today

side 4
1. When We Was Fab
2. Distractions
3. Don’t Be Careless Love
4. How Many People
5. Ou Est Le Souliel

every song is great - no filler
9/9/2023 2:40 PM (edited)
Last album from the period of 1998-2003.
Brainwashed

side 1
1. Run Devil Run
2. Horse To The Water
3. Lonely Road
4. La De Da
5. Driving Rain
6. Never Get Over You
7. Vertical Man

side 2
1. Brainwashed
2. Try Not To Cry
3. P2 Vatican Blues ( Last Saturday Night )
4. Freedom
5. Tiny Bubble
6. Stuck Inside A Cloud
7. Within You Without You
9/9/2023 9:04 PM (edited)
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 9/8/2023 6:45:00 PM (view original):

Side One:
Bangla Desh
My Love
Cold Turkey
Band On The Run
Step Lightly
#9 Dream

Side Two:
Helen Wheels
Photograph
Mind Games
Dark Horse
I'm The Greatest
You

That's all I got!

Over a 4 year period they would have recorded way more then 20 songs together. I take it that you are doing a greatest hits of the 72-75 period.

That’s cool.

I would have a tough time boiling down my songs to 20 but I will give it a go when I’m done with the albums.
You posted DREAM. Is that the one by the pied pipers? Came out in about 1950. Sweet song, too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQlHB6L9rMM

9/10/2023 3:10 PM
This one by 10cc is Timeless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3eWJUoEl6Q
9/10/2023 3:12 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 9/10/2023 3:10:00 PM (view original):

Side One:
Bangla Desh
My Love
Cold Turkey
Band On The Run
Step Lightly
#9 Dream

Side Two:
Helen Wheels
Photograph
Mind Games
Dark Horse
I'm The Greatest
You

That's all I got!

That’s cool.

You posted DREAM. Is that the one by the pied pipers? Came out in about 1950. Sweet song, too

#9 Dream is a song by John Lennon. This thread is about the Beatles, not the pied pipers of 10cc.
9/10/2023 4:36 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 9/10/2023 4:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 9/10/2023 3:10:00 PM (view original):

Side One:
Bangla Desh
My Love
Cold Turkey
Band On The Run
Step Lightly
#9 Dream

Side Two:
Helen Wheels
Photograph
Mind Games
Dark Horse
I'm The Greatest
You

That's all I got!

That’s cool.

#9 Dream is a song by John Lennon. This thread is about the Beatles, not the pied pipers of 10cc.
Well I missed that part. Sue me :-)
9/11/2023 12:09 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
The Beatles Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.