Pandemic of the Unvaccinated Topic

Posted by DougOut on 7/24/2022 1:11:00 PM (view original):
LONDON (AP) – The chief of the World Health Organization said the expanding monkeypox outbreak in more than 70 countries is an “extraordinary” situation that now qualifies as a global emergency, a declaration Saturday that could spur further investment in treating the once-rare disease and worsen the scramble for scarce vaccines.

***17,000 cases world-wide***
***16,000 cases since May***
***Can be spread by clothes, bedding, sex toys***

WHO’s top monkeypox expert, Dr Rosamund Lewis, said this week that 99% of all the monkeypox cases beyond Africa were in men and that of those, 98 per cent involved men who have sex with men. Experts suspect the monkeypox outbreaks in Europe and North America were spread via sex at two raves in Belgium and Spain.

After infecting nearly 3,000 people in the United States, two children have now contracted the monkeypox virus. The two children — an infant and a toddler — were on opposite coasts of the U.S. when diagnosed.

Center for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky disclosed the news that two children became infected with monkeypox this week, the Washington Postreported. During an interview with the Post, Walensky added that the two cases link to households “from the men who have sex with men community.” Investigations are ongoing to understand the connections to that community.

“Both of those children are traced back to individuals who come from the men-who-have-sex-with-men community, the gay men’s community,” Walensky told the newspaper in a virtual interview.

Good thing Biden is in charge instead of Reagan, who would simply choose not to acknowledge the pandemic for years as thousands of people died.

Hope Reagan is enjoying his special place in hell!
7/24/2022 3:41 PM
Posted by tangplay on 7/24/2022 3:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 7/22/2022 6:12:00 PM (view original):
Except that's not what he said. He said it will prevent transmission, and if you had argued with that "scientific fact" a year ago you would've been censored on mainstream social media.

Also, anecdotal evidence. I've known old unvaccinated people with the same (lack of) symptoms.
Missing the run on this so GG will never respond but this claim isn't true. Biden was wrong in that town hall last year but considering that later on in the event he talked about how people can still get COVID if they're vaccinated, it's just less likely (which is true), Biden probably misspoke.

No credible evidence exists that the vaccine prevents infection entirely and that was never the claim. If you can show me someone getting banned off of social media for claiming that you can still get COVID if you are vaccinated, I'd love to see it.
if is extremely clear that he misspoke and some so-called people used that to day that Biden is an evil liar.

Ar the same event Biden said a few times that if you had the vaccines and i think boosters that Covid if you got it would not be a danger to you.

More then once he said you could still get covid but the protection from the shots would mitigate the danger..

Ir is silly to discuss this.
7/24/2022 8:11 PM
Yeah no one who actually watched the event would have come away thinking that you can't get COVID if you are vaccinated given Biden's answers to other questions.

One google search and you can find the context. It's not difficult.
7/24/2022 8:47 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Nice sentiment LNF. I mostly agree, but one little nitpick. God does NOT rule "in the affairs of men" on Earth at present.
That is Biblical incorrect.
I believe that is what the "second coming" is all about according to your book.
THAT is when God takes over control over the Earth, not before and certainly not at present!!

That is, of course, IF you believe that the Bible is to be taken literally!
7/25/2022 8:47 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 7/25/2022 8:47:00 AM (view original):
Nice sentiment LNF. I mostly agree, but one little nitpick. God does NOT rule "in the affairs of men" on Earth at present.
THAT is when God takes over control over the Earth, not before and certainly not at present!!

I do not believe there is an interventionist God.
But since such beliefs are religious or faith based i always and I mean always say there is not an interventionist Zod in my opinion.

Ic everyone on both sides of the equation could state their beliefs in that respectful way we would all be better off for it.

When I say IMO it does not mean for me that I have doubts or i have differing views in my mind.

I am simply respectful and when it comes to certain matters of faith there is no proof or disproof.
Namely whether there was or is and or was or is God
and what if any characteristics there might be.

7/25/2022 10:05 AM

I do not believe there is an interventionist God.
But since such beliefs are religious or faith based i always and I mean always say there is not an interventionist Zod in my opinion.

Ic everyone on both sides of the equation could state their beliefs in that respectful way we would all be better off for it.

When I say IMO it does not mean for me that I have doubts or i have differing views in my mind.

I am simply respectful and when it comes to certain matters of faith there is no proof or disproof.
Namely whether there was or is and or was or is God
and what if any characteristics there might be.

7/25/2022 10:05 AM
To those who are still cooking up ways to apologize for Trump and support him and build his golden calf and to those still searching for ways to draw reckless and feckless and hang mike pence necklace false equivalency to the dems who are simply on a higher plane stop it. Your party is over and you can cry if you want to.

How about for once saying to those among us that were saying what Trump was from 2015 and never ever wavered and said what he would do and how he and a whole political party was actually against democracy ( contrasted to not being for democracy)
and we said it every day.
I got roasted but I was correct and there were others who were also entirely correct.

The people in this country that I respect the very most are the former republicans who saw Hitler and put their country first and stopped voting for republicans.

To those you have my deep respect and reverence,
The most exalted of opinions for any group and the main reason imo that we are still a democracy and the good still outnumber the goons but not by a large margin.
7/25/2022 10:23 AM (edited)

I get that from Proverbs 8: 16-17

7/25/2022 1:36 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Pandemic of the Unvaccinated Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.