Update on Deadlines Topic

I still can't believe some of the players used (ie: Ruth/Pedro).  I'm gonna be scouting rosters and dropping my draw once the leagues start.  I gave up on Pedro because I was just too thin for the rest of my team.  I'm sure some will leave me feeling relieved that I didn't take them, but it's more than likely other owners will have some good strategies that I'll be kicking myself for not seeing.

I liked my roster for the 1999 Royals in the GM Twist (solid lineup, one good starter and 5 twists)...but I just did not have a good feeling about playing in Kaufman Stadium (+1,+2,+3,-2,-2, 1.06).   Settled on the 1992 Expos with three good twists...horrible C situation though.

8/2/2010 8:33 PM (edited)
Posted by schwarze on 8/2/2010 3:02:00 PM (view original):
Oh yes.  I will summarize all the leagues, once we get started.
Good deal...I always enjoy reading those!  Schwarze, once again you've delivered the goods...thanks!
8/2/2010 11:58 PM
This is my first time in this tournament and I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Schwarze for putting this together. I had so much fun constructing all my teams and the themes are perfect. My wife and kids are wondering why I am am spending more time than usual on this site and I tell them I'm competing for a championship!! Again thanks.
8/3/2010 12:27 AM
Here's hoping you do well, bighooze.  It's like a kick in the nuts looking back and knowing you spent $60 to finish 80th
8/3/2010 12:53 AM
Posted by bighooze on 8/3/2010 12:27:00 AM (view original):
This is my first time in this tournament and I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Schwarze for putting this together. I had so much fun constructing all my teams and the themes are perfect. My wife and kids are wondering why I am am spending more time than usual on this site and I tell them I'm competing for a championship!! Again thanks.
Yes, Jeff & Co. do a great job setting this all up and create great themes and take the time to check all the rosters, a tough task.  Props to them again.

To me, this is like playing in the World Series of Poker.  I'm a basic run of the mill WIS player who gets to go up against the best owners WIS has to offer once a year.  It doesn't matter that I finish 70th or worse every year, I love coming back for more punishment the next year.  One thing I enjoy most is reading the thread about how teams were put together and the reasoning behind it.  The strategies used are incredible at times.

Best of luck to you bighooze and the rest of the gang, can't wait to get started!
8/3/2010 7:19 AM
Thanks guys.  I like the WSOP analogy. 
8/4/2010 1:17 PM
◂ Prev 12345
Update on Deadlines Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.