Climate Change Today or Don’t Look Up Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by Mwett on 11/4/2023 10:16:00 PM (view original):

Were you there when God supposedly said any of that? I know you're old, but I didn't think you were that old.

This is funny.

hence the Bible can not be perfect.

This isn't funny. Stay in your lane. You're better and easier to digest when you stick with "I don't know it could be true maybe it is maybe it isn't who really knows etc rinse repeat".
Biblical learning should not lead to arrogance and hatefulness and usually that is there way before.

Don’t tell Wylie to stay in his lane. He belongs in his lane more then you belong in yours because he is a gentleman and you could learn a lot from him.
I have.

Dont tell anyone to stay in their lane. It is arrogant and hateful.
Literal belief in the old and new testament is disappearing on the face of this earth and going the way of dinosaurs and the Greek and Roman mythologies.

More and more people are rejecting religion that says non believers go to hell and understanding that it is manufactured dougma.

If that’s a lane then I am in it and threats and warnings are just bullets that have no affect on people very comfortable with their beliefs.

Don’t tell a fish how to swim.
11/5/2023 8:13 AM (edited)
And don’t start ranting about hell with great anger because I actually believe in freedom of speech and religion.
Are you an American? Yeah but you barely grasp freedom of speech and creed. Being an American means respecting the right of others without physical or verbal assault or revenge.

Live and let live.

You don’t scare me and my rejection of your beliefs should NOT bother you.
The only place left for such anger is in Islamic lands.
11/5/2023 8:22 AM (edited)
Now you can debate respectfully without threats or warnings.

I try not to get involved with debate because it almost never is productive.
11/5/2023 8:23 AM

And don’t start ranting about hell with great anger because I actually believe in freedom of speech and religion. You don’t scare me and my rejection of your beliefs should NOT bother you.

I didn't say anything about hell. That's YOUR issue with me and conveniently you use your still deep-rooted angst and vitriol about it to interject in a post about someone else about something else. You've been kool enough about this for awhile and ok partial props for that, but how bout I throw your thinking back at ya ? If you don't believe what I believe and either don't believe in a literal eternal flame and/or that that's where you'll end up, then my beliefs should not bother you. Typically it's a twinge of self-conscience guilt that just maybe I could be right and that scares you. Most people that slant more toward you than me are at least wise enough to keep it zipped. When they/you don't I'll be there when you bash my God/Jesus/Bible/Heaven. Have a good nite sleep; your should since none of this bothers you, right ?
11/5/2023 9:00 AM
Every time you guys start debating religion the results quickly descend to this level of nonsense.
Name calling and the damning of folks who believe differently. It's ridiculously silly and a total waste of energy.

I try and stay out of it but this time I'll point out to Mwett (who I usually think is agreeable even IF a tad arrogant about HIS Jesus) that claiming the Bible to be perfect is rather Ostrich-like.

After all........the second part had to be added to the 1st because the OLD Testament Laws were changed/erroneous.
And as pointed out.............the Bible is a creation Of MAN!
To think it is fool proof and "perfect" is silly, too.

I could point out obvious examples but that will quickly descend into shouting and MY God isn't claims!

But candidly, there ARE all sorts of problematical passages/verses in the Bible.
But I don't blame the Creator for that.
I blame humans..............out to use the Creator to control others!!
Which (as I see things) is pretty much the same old thing (over and over) we've always done.............EVERY time we run into another group of humans who don't believe in OUR JESUS and who have dominion over Land WE want!

Time to read His-Story. The record of our lives here on the Globe and our interactions with the Creator's OTHER sacred creations!
It's NOT a positive record for respect for either the Creator OR Her Creations.

May all of you be blessed with Peace and Wisdom this week.
Try and stay sane!
11/5/2023 9:03 AM
Posted by Mwett on 11/5/2023 9:00:00 AM (view original):

And don’t start ranting about hell with great anger because I actually believe in freedom of speech and religion. You don’t scare me and my rejection of your beliefs should NOT bother you.

I didn't say anything about hell. That's YOUR issue with me and conveniently you use your still deep-rooted angst and vitriol about it to interject in a post about someone else about something else. You've been kool enough about this for awhile and ok partial props for that, but how bout I throw your thinking back at ya ? If you don't believe what I believe and either don't believe in a literal eternal flame and/or that that's where you'll end up, then my beliefs should not bother you. Typically it's a twinge of self-conscience guilt that just maybe I could be right and that scares you. Most people that slant more toward you than me are at least wise enough to keep it zipped. When they/you don't I'll be there when you bash my God/Jesus/Bible/Heaven. Have a good nite sleep; your should since none of this bothers you, right ?
I skimmed over this. My main point is your arrogant habit of telling people what they can and cannot say in the forums and you have told me that I face hell for my disbelief scores of times.
I don’t care about your belief that like your father I will go to hell,
what I am sick and tired of is telling people to stay in their lane and the like and telling people they go to hell Because they won’t agree with you.

When you discuss it out of anger you are very very wrong about how you choose to exercise your speech.
11/5/2023 11:01 AM (edited)
There's a comedian that was doing a bit several years back about religion and war. It's extremely pertinent to the world today and it also applies to these type of squabbles here...

Q - "What are you fighting about?"

A - "Religion"

"Well good luck with all THAT"
11/5/2023 11:07 AM
I have always said that I respect of people to believe what they want regarding their religious beliefs.

Tbst does not mean that I respect those beliefs.

Because my sincerity is questioned I will put my cards on the table and state my most deeply held beliefs unexpurgated and unvarnished - just the core said bluntly. Mwett you are going to have rage about my beliefs but since you so cavalierly insist , that people go to hell for not believing in a devine Jesus, I am going to tell you what it is that I believe.

1. I I believe in a god that would not put nonbelievers into hell. I consider a God that would to be worse than any human being that has ever lived, even Hitler.

2. I do not believe that human beings can understand the nature of God and the belief that a human being could be equated as God, or part of God is ridiculous to me. I also believe that Christians that believe in these things are simply not brave enough to face the truth of the world or existence.

3. I believe that what is important are ones deeds, not beliefs. To believe to, to put beliefs over deeds is ignorant in my opinion.

So that is the core of my beliefs.

You do not need to respect my opinions or my beliefs. The only thing that you need to respect is my right to my beliefs.

And and it is wrong to bring up a person going to hell simply BECAUSE you disagree with somebody else is beliefs. and what you consider to be unacceptable disagreement with you.

And I forgot # 4.
I believe that Christianity developed more from the Roman gods then it did Judaism.
11/5/2023 11:45 AM (edited)
Posted by rsp777 on 11/5/2023 11:07:00 AM (view original):
There's a comedian that was doing a bit several years back about religion and war. It's extremely pertinent to the world today and it also applies to these type of squabbles here...

Q - "What are you fighting about?"

A - "Religion"

"Well good luck with all THAT"
And I do believe that the world is a better place when mankind can move past biblical based religion.
11/5/2023 11:41 AM
I wasn't always like this not that I apologize for past or present. Most Christians don't get involved or do in other ways or fields. I used to try another belief. I used to have no belief or opinion. I believe that was part of God's path for me in allowing me to experience come what may that led to a better ultimate will never again change plan. But I haven't always been there, so I get it. Its experiences are what's stamped on my forehead in a real-world ministry and why I don't blatantly pronounce eternal condemnation too often. One here included in only 2 ever; nice company and congrats and nobody would want to meet the other one and I'd be excused if you ever did and how I came to that conclusion. So, it takes a lot. If you don't believe what I believe, good luck with that is usually good enough. But when repeated disregard spilling over into what I do believe is spit in my face, there I'll be. Stop blaspheming what's most important to me and I won't be here as often. If I or anyone else said anything as disdainfully as you do about mine as might happen if said about blm or lgbt or jews or any other group, they'd be gone from here. Oh, but you already know about that, a couple times. Sometimes you have to pick your battles which sometimes means not saying the quiet thing out-loud even if you believe it in your heart which is bad enough that you will answer for someday.

1. I I believe in a god

This of course is attributed from above by dino, but rsp is right when the world is increasingly going nuts over this. To a Believer it's one of many signs. It's yours and too many others first and biggest mistake. Read the Book of Job. The One who puts the sheep on a thousand hills and the lites in the sky is the Boss and answers to no one and is kind to those who don't spit on Him specially publicly and lead others astray. Each is allowed to make their own choices and good luck with that. When you attempt to persuade and drag others down with you, there's not enough luck in the cosmos to help you. Sleep well.
11/5/2023 12:08 PM
Posted by Mwett on 11/4/2023 10:16:00 PM (view original):

Were you there when God supposedly said any of that? I know you're old, but I didn't think you were that old.

This is funny.

hence the Bible can not be perfect.

This isn't funny. Stay in your lane. You're better and easier to digest when you stick with "I don't know it could be true maybe it is maybe it isn't who really knows etc rinse repeat".
My lane? Not even sure what the heck that means. Do you disagree that the Bible was written by humans, and not God? Do you disagree that no human is perfect? If you answered no to both those questions then how can the Bible be perfect? If you answered yes to either one of those questions..well I have no response to that than.
11/5/2023 12:30 PM
Posted by Mwett on 11/5/2023 9:00:00 AM (view original):

can't speak for lennybruce, but your beliefs do not bother me at all, Believe whatever you feel comfortable believing. That is your right. What bothers me is when someone (mainly lnf) tells me I am subject to his beliefs even if they are not mine. Nobody is bashing your God or your beliefs, just saying their beliefs are different from yours. If you can't handle someone having different beliefs from you, that says more about you than me.
Just as a note, I don't know how you feel about me having different beliefs from you. You have not been very vocal about it, which I appreciate. I would never tell you, or anyone that you should believe differently. Please do the same for me.
11/5/2023 12:37 PM
I believe that what is important are ones deeds, not beliefs. To believe to, to put beliefs over deeds is ignorant in my opinion.

This!
11/5/2023 12:40 PM
When I see a post that has one or two giant paragraphs I never read it regardless of the author. Don’t even skim it the majority of the time.

It is diarrhea of the mouth put to a post.
11/5/2023 2:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸
Climate Change Today or Don’t Look Up Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.