Minnesota Walk For Hope Topic

I'm not one to do a lot of chatting about personal stuff in the forums at all, but I wanted to post something that is extremely personal and I feel is probably relevant and possibly hits home to some of you here. I'm doing the Walk for Hope for the Minnesota Adult/Teen Challenge this coming Sunday. I'm sure most of you know what Adult/Teen Challenge is, but if you don't, it's a drug & alcohol treatment center. We are doing the walk for my brother-in-law Seth, who recently graduated from the 15 month program. I generally don't like to talk about everything that we had to deal with, but he was a prescription drug and heroin addict for 8 years that led to so many regrettable instances that our family had to deal with, the worst of which led to the death of a friend. Anyway, he's a completely different person now and has turned his life around, which is hard for me to believe since I absolutely hated him for 8 years. We worry every single day that he's going to relapse and go back to that life where he choose to be homeless and use heroin over having a roof over his head and people who care about him. He is one of the lucky ones since we've known many of his friends or people that we knew from his time at Teen Challenge that quit the program that have overdosed and died. We are trying to raise money/awareness for Adult/Teen Challenge since they don't receive any government funding for their treatment program since they are a Christian based program and refuse to change their program to receive funding. If you would like to you, you can donate under my name at the website below.

https://www.crowdrise.com/WalkforSeth/fundraiser/ryanhorner
9/23/2014 3:56 PM
good luck
9/24/2014 8:50 PM
Minnesota Walk For Hope Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.