• National free voter ID cards
  • Automatic voter registration
  • Pass the Manchin voting bill
  • Felons and people in prison can vote
  • Supreme Court Term Limits

I might be missing something, idk

leave your suggestions!
11/30/2021 6:49 PM (edited)
It’s a lot of good stuff but I think that the 2 houses of Congress is good and I need to learn more about ranked voting. I would keep the senate and reform the filibuster but not get rid of it because checks and balances are required.

And good post.
11/30/2021 6:56 PM
Out of all the items on the list, abolishing the Senate is probably the thing I'm the most iffy on. I could probably be convinced the other way on it.
11/30/2021 8:42 PM
Line item veto
11/30/2021 9:48 PM
I know this is only a wish list and this isn’t going to happen any time soon enough but I wish the Congress would reinstate the civil rights law giving the DOJ power to oversee election laws in the south due to the peculiar laws after the end of the peculiar institution.
Unfortunately the Supreme Court let it go away and that has turned out to be a disastrous decision.
11/30/2021 10:44 PM
Well we can dream. I don't want criminals to have a say in who runs things. Term limits for Judges is a must, imo
12/1/2021 1:50 AM
To fix Canada's mess ... is next to impossible.. I say this because we elected a marxist school teacher who has no clue about Finance, at any level... and then we RE elected him, TWiCE.

So far this whole decade has been horrible.. 8 years to go to the next one, God willing we are still in one piece
12/1/2021 1:53 AM
Posted by Jetson21 on 11/30/2021 6:56:00 PM (view original):
It’s a lot of good stuff but I think that the 2 houses of Congress is good and I need to learn more about ranked voting. I would keep the senate and reform the filibuster but not get rid of it because checks and balances are required.

And good post.
Just shoot all the lawyers. ( U are safe, Donald)
12/1/2021 1:54 AM
Posted by bruceleefan on 11/30/2021 9:48:00 PM (view original):
Line item veto
Actually, even better would be requiring all bills to be single item bills. Every single thing in each bill needs to address the issue the bill seeks to accomplish. No pork allowed.

You want to give the Kennedy center 20M?
Get it to pass on it's own merit, not snuck in on page 857 of a 1500 page bill.

I'd also like to see bills be limited to a normal rational number of pages. No reason for bills to be 2000 pages. The average American citizen should be able to read the bill, in its entirety, in about an hour or maybe 2 tops.
12/1/2021 7:56 PM
The "average" American doesn't have enough attention span to read any bill, as long as it's more than 2 or 3 pages.
American exceptionalism is the *****!
12/1/2021 9:02 PM
Posted by bruceleefan on 12/1/2021 7:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bruceleefan on 11/30/2021 9:48:00 PM (view original):
Line item veto
Actually, even better would be requiring all bills to be single item bills. Every single thing in each bill needs to address the issue the bill seeks to accomplish. No pork allowed.

You want to give the Kennedy center 20M?
Get it to pass on it's own merit, not snuck in on page 857 of a 1500 page bill.

I'd also like to see bills be limited to a normal rational number of pages. No reason for bills to be 2000 pages. The average American citizen should be able to read the bill, in its entirety, in about an hour or maybe 2 tops.
I agree with this in theory, but because of how slow Congress is, this would functionally make passing legislation on a broad scale impossible.

It would probably require an abolition of the filibuster and a complete restructuring of the legislative process.
12/1/2021 10:26 PM
HOW TO FIX DEMOCRACY Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.