Round 2 - Sound Off Topic

Posted by mildnhazy on 1/25/2011 7:01:00 PM (view original):
2 playoff teams, 2 playoff points, over and out.....pretty standard really.......thanks for another great tournament schwarze - see you all next year.
You do seem to be particularly unlucky in the playoffs in these tournaments. However, your 82-80 team did beat my team in the WS in round 1, so sometimes you get some good luck. Just not in round 2 apparently. Eventually, it may all turn around for you, hopefully not at my expense ;-). See you next year...
1/25/2011 7:11 PM
I never get good luck - that 82-80 team deserved to win the WS
My WIS history in the playoffs hasn't been good so at some point it has to be something I'm doing.  I tried to create a couple teams in the 2nd round that I thought actually might do well in the playoffs - like my TOC team with 1910 Ed Walsh - alas, they weren't good enough to get there......
Congrats on your amazing silver anniversary draft team - 105 wins is damn impressive against this competition.
1/25/2011 7:25 PM
in the two rounds of this tournament, i had 6 playoff teams....and won all of 1 playoff series.  groan.  not like i was going to make the top 12 anyways, but it would be nice to occasionally get past the first round.

schwarze: thanks for running an awesome event.  looking forward to the 2011 edition.
1/27/2011 1:04 PM
◂ Prev 12345
Round 2 - Sound Off Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.