All of us have some, anyone care to share some misery:

7th Game of the World Series up by 6 going into the 8th:

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=23010488&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=9.95

9/5/2014 2:59 PM
Waterloo my friend, Waterloo. 
9/5/2014 6:20 PM
LOL italy, but in my world this was worse.
9/5/2014 6:44 PM
Don't know. The original Napoleon got sent to the minors (St, Helena farm club) when he missed winning the pennant. Though for a while he had won comeback manager of the year for 1815, after leaving Elba to take France back into the playoffs.
9/6/2014 6:50 AM
They never tested him for PED's.
9/6/2014 11:27 AM
My worst collapse: Magic Number 1 with six to go.  Lose the first two, to the team in 2nd place.  Proceed to get swept by the 4th place (sub-.500) team, while the second place team sweeps the third place team, resulting in a divisional tie.  Lose the tiebreaker game, but am still tied for the wild card.  Lose the WC tiebreaker game as well.  Eight straight losses to lose the division lead, play-in, and WC games.  Brutal.  I still bear the emotional scars.
9/8/2014 3:31 PM
Losing games 6 and 7 with Martinez and Maddux on the mound.
9/10/2014 11:43 PM
losing the 7th game of the World Series when my A/A SS commits a game ending error and I lose 2-1
9/11/2014 11:33 AM
Shoot, my entire seasons are heartbreakers! I consistently have the best "expected" winning percentage in my division, and consistently finish in last place, about +100 pct. points below the expected. I also always lead the league in one-run losses. Oh, and most frustrating: when I end up drafting the same players as other teams,mine will always underperform while those on other teams shine. I've had the worst '71 Vida Blue, the worst '63 Koufax, and yes, even the worst '89 Howard Johnson in various leagues. This is why I quit this game after my currently running last-place seasons are over! LOL
10/6/2014 6:20 PM
you spell bizzarro wrong too
10/6/2014 6:27 PM
There is almost certainly no correct way to spell 
10/7/2014 11:19 AM
It's not bizzarro, it's bizzarrd. My luck,bizzarro was already taken.
10/8/2014 10:32 AM
Posted by bizzarrd on 10/6/2014 6:20:00 PM (view original):
Shoot, my entire seasons are heartbreakers! I consistently have the best "expected" winning percentage in my division, and consistently finish in last place, about +100 pct. points below the expected. I also always lead the league in one-run losses. Oh, and most frustrating: when I end up drafting the same players as other teams,mine will always underperform while those on other teams shine. I've had the worst '71 Vida Blue, the worst '63 Koufax, and yes, even the worst '89 Howard Johnson in various leagues. This is why I quit this game after my currently running last-place seasons are over! LOL
    In the spectrum of life someone has to be the luckiest and unluckiest person. Embrace your situation as a novelty act and know that everyone of us falls somewhere between Mr. Magoo and the Wile E. Coyote. :^)........and bat HoJo in the middle of the batting order.
10/8/2014 1:19 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.