Biden Derangement Syndrome Topic

Does anyone else think it's weird that conservatives will randomly chant about Biden at unrelated events, specifically sports games? Heard "Let's go Brandon" at the Chiefs game last week. It's so monumentally cringeworthy.

Left-wing people don't do this. We don't randomly chant about Trump or whatever at unrelated events... because we aren't deranged. I'm actually a bit concerned. Do people think they're being clever, or are conservatives just proud that they finally found a second joke (besides "I identify as an attack helicopter")?

It's the conservative version of "Donald Drumpf" but the diff is that liberals didn't think that "joke" was so funny that they chanted it constantly in public spaces. I don't get it.
11/8/2021 1:39 AM
To be clear, it's not like this does any damage to the world or whatever, it just creates a lot of second-hand embarrassment. Especially because you can tell they think they're really clever or something.

And, of course, the irony of the ones who coined "Trump derangement syndrome" being so deranged with Biden that they think about how much they hate him at unrelated sporting events
11/8/2021 1:47 AM
Posted by tangplay on 11/8/2021 1:39:00 AM (view original):
Does anyone else think it's weird that conservatives will randomly chant about Biden at unrelated events, specifically sports games? Heard "Let's go Brandon" at the Chiefs game last week. It's so monumentally cringeworthy.

Left-wing people don't do this. We don't randomly chant about Trump or whatever at unrelated events... because we aren't deranged. I'm actually a bit concerned. Do people think they're being clever, or are conservatives just proud that they finally found a second joke (besides "I identify as an attack helicopter")?

It's the conservative version of "Donald Drumpf" but the diff is that liberals didn't think that "joke" was so funny that they chanted it constantly in public spaces. I don't get it.
Totally agree and I would say anyone center and left of center this basically applies to and most just right to center.

What you describe really does make me think that the American civilization is on thin ice because the maniacs have sharp teeth.
11/8/2021 1:48 AM
Posted by tangplay on 11/8/2021 1:47:00 AM (view original):
To be clear, it's not like this does any damage to the world or whatever, it just creates a lot of second-hand embarrassment. Especially because you can tell they think they're really clever or something.

And, of course, the irony of the ones who coined "Trump derangement syndrome" being so deranged with Biden that they think about how much they hate him at unrelated sporting events
100% this

All projection all the time
11/11/2021 9:00 AM
I don't know. I live in Virginia. I know there has been some national reporting criticizing Terry McCullough for focusing his gubernatorial campaign too much on Trump. I don't think they're really telling the whole story. Literally 80-90% of his advertising was about Trump. Not McCullough. Not even Youngkin. Trump. I'm pretty far behind on my DVR, and I can tell you that in any given episode of Jeopardy from the month before the election I'll see AT LEAST 4-5 commercials featuring video of Trump. An average of more than 1 per commercial break. During the campaign my wife - who is a registered Democrat - asked me a few times why she was getting paper mail celebrating Trump's endorsement of Youngkin. I just showed her the small print indicating that the mail was sent by the Democratic Party of Virginia.

Trump isn't POTUS anymore. And Youngkin was about as unTrumpy a candidate as I can really see pulling a big nomination in the Republican party right now without the benefit of incumbency. The Democratic party had all their biggest guns involved in this campaign. Clearly Democratic strategists still felt that drawing on anti-Trump sentiment was their best strategy to win a state they always win anyway. Obviously they were wrong, but it's pretty clear that "Trump derangement syndrome" was still pretty darn strong amongst those Democratic insiders.
11/13/2021 1:45 AM

kinda like takin a knee

face it

"internecine" is the word of the day
11/13/2021 3:19 AM

News flash: It's not just conservatives.

Dahs, absolutely correct.
That's most of their "platform" for awhile now.
That and racism under every rock (ie. Rittenhouse)
11/13/2021 8:58 AM
11/13/2021 11:43 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/13/2021 1:47:00 AM (view original):
I don't know. I live in Virginia. I know there has been some national reporting criticizing Terry McCullough for focusing his gubernatorial campaign too much on Trump. I don't think they're really telling the whole story. Literally 80-90% of his advertising was about Trump. Not McCullough. Not even Youngkin. Trump. I'm pretty far behind on my DVR, and I can tell you that in any given episode of Jeopardy from the month before the election I'll see AT LEAST 4-5 commercials featuring video of Trump. An average of more than 1 per commercial break. During the campaign my wife - who is a registered Democrat - asked me a few times why she was getting paper mail celebrating Trump's endorsement of Youngkin. I just showed her the small print indicating that the mail was sent by the Democratic Party of Virginia.

Trump isn't POTUS anymore. And Youngkin was about as unTrumpy a candidate as I can really see pulling a big nomination in the Republican party right now without the benefit of incumbency. The Democratic party had all their biggest guns involved in this campaign. Clearly Democratic strategists still felt that drawing on anti-Trump sentiment was their best strategy to win a state they always win anyway. Obviously they were wrong, but it's pretty clear that "Trump derangement syndrome" was still pretty darn strong amongst those Democratic insiders.
Pretty big difference between a campaign strategy focusing on an anti-Trump message and trying to tie the opposition candidate to Trump (because duh, yes left wing people hate Trump, no one is denying that, and he's unpopular) vs randomly chanting about Biden at an unrelated event.

And by the way, that was a LOSING strategy!
11/13/2021 12:42 PM
Posted by Vitamin_C on 11/13/2021 8:58:00 AM (view original):

I've never argued that liberals don't hate Trump. But I've also never heard them chant about hating Trump at an unrelated event or just randomly bring it up. Here in Kansas, conservatives do it all.. the... time.

Sometimes I'll be waiting in line at a grocery store and someone will randomly bring up how much Biden sucks... it's so weird
11/13/2021 12:44 PM
IMO, until the Dems. come up with a solution to the immigration issue, they'll continue to lose elections in much of the Nation.
The Repugnants just have to keep repeating the mantra "open border Party" and they'll win.

It's simple really. The VAST majority of the Country wants our borders sealed from ILLEGAL Immigration.
In fact, large portions of the populace wants ALL immigration stopped EXCEPT for specific work visas, etc........... and temporary visas (visits, etc).

Orderly Immigration based ON NEED is fine, BUT the majority no longer wants the "gimme your tired, your poor, etc" to be the National Immigration ideal.
The reality IS, to be Honest as a Nation, we need to take down that Statue and send it back to France with our apologies for not being able to live up to the motto inscribed on the "lady" in question.

The majority ONLY liked immigration when the Immigrants shared the same skin tone (mostly!!)
Now that our shores team with humans, AND the majority of the Immigrants are darker skin toned the Majority viewpoint of Americans is "NOT IN MY neighborhood, dammit!! Stop these folks from entering!"

Pluswise on an ecological viewpoint..........we have too many people already. We's damn near ruined the environment AND are seriously threatening to render the Planet inhabitable for our GrandKids.

But, we's all too tribal to admit that we's all stupid and doomed as we keep on playing the same old stupid political game!
11/13/2021 12:54 PM
Posted by tangplay on 11/13/2021 12:44:00 PM (view original):

I've never argued that liberals don't hate Trump. But I've also never heard them chant about hating Trump at an unrelated event or just randomly bring it up. Here in Kansas, conservatives do it all.. the... time.

Sometimes I'll be waiting in line at a grocery store and someone will randomly bring up how much Biden sucks... it's so weird
You may be getting a skewed perspective based on where you live.

I'm still having that same experience with Trump, and he's been out of office for almost 2 years. I spent the entire Trump administration in either Northern California or Northern Virginia, and plenty of random strangers would talk your ear off about everything wrong with him. And still will.
11/13/2021 1:09 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/13/2021 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 11/13/2021 12:44:00 PM (view original):

You may be getting a skewed perspective based on where you live.

I'm still having that same experience with Trump, and he's been out of office for almost 2 years. I spent the entire Trump administration in either Northern California or Northern Virginia, and plenty of random strangers would talk your ear off about everything wrong with him. And still will.
I'll admit that your theory is possible. I still contend that you don't see nearly as many liberals randomly bring up Trump as if they're constantly thinking about him, as you will see conservatives bring up Biden.

Of course this isn't a uniformly conservative thing; I just noted the irony of the party who screamed "TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME for 4 years being ******* obsessed with Biden.
11/13/2021 2:10 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 11/13/2021 12:54:00 PM (view original):
IMO, until the Dems. come up with a solution to the immigration issue, they'll continue to lose elections in much of the Nation.
The Repugnants just have to keep repeating the mantra "open border Party" and they'll win.

It's simple really. The VAST majority of the Country wants our borders sealed from ILLEGAL Immigration.
In fact, large portions of the populace wants ALL immigration stopped EXCEPT for specific work visas, etc........... and temporary visas (visits, etc).

Orderly Immigration based ON NEED is fine, BUT the majority no longer wants the "gimme your tired, your poor, etc" to be the National Immigration ideal.
The reality IS, to be Honest as a Nation, we need to take down that Statue and send it back to France with our apologies for not being able to live up to the motto inscribed on the "lady" in question.

The majority ONLY liked immigration when the Immigrants shared the same skin tone (mostly!!)
Now that our shores team with humans, AND the majority of the Immigrants are darker skin toned the Majority viewpoint of Americans is "NOT IN MY neighborhood, dammit!! Stop these folks from entering!"

Pluswise on an ecological viewpoint..........we have too many people already. We's damn near ruined the environment AND are seriously threatening to render the Planet inhabitable for our GrandKids.

But, we's all too tribal to admit that we's all stupid and doomed as we keep on playing the same old stupid political game!
The dems shouldn't capitulate to conservative positions on immigration just because they lost the rhetoric war. They should fight back harder.

Conservatives are simply and flatly wrong about immigration. Immigration is indisputably a net good for a nation, specifically economically. Even the most conservative credible scholars on immigration admit as much. Immigrants do not commit more crimes than native populations on average.

Obviously illegal immigration is bad. You know how we reduce illegal immigration? We make it much, much easier to immigrate here legally. You want to compete with China on the world stage? How the **** are we supposed to do that when their population dwarfs ours? Allow people to immigrate here, and maybe we can remain the top economic power.

Yes, conservatives are racist. Does that mean we capitulate and change the country to allow whatever they want?

Re the ecological stuff: Immigration doesn't produce more people, it just moves already-existing people around. Actually, because of birth rates, you could make the argument that immigration reduces population growth by exporting people from high-birth rate nations to low ones.
11/13/2021 2:16 PM
"Yes, conservatives are racist."

Proving yet again how immature and unnuanced your worldview is.
11/13/2021 5:01 PM
123456 Next ▸
Biden Derangement Syndrome Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.