A Conservative Guide After a Police Shooting Topic

Note: this only applies if the person being shot or killed is a black person, preferably a black male. Conservatives don't see a need to defend the police when it's a white person being murdered!
  • Step 1: Upon hearing of a police shooting, locate the name of the victim and immediately search them on Google. You're looking for anything you can possibly use to call this person a criminal and imply that they deserved to die. Even if all you find is a picture of them with a gun, or a friend of a friend who one time in 2014 posted something negative about the police, that's usually enough to get some justification.
  • Step 2: If you can't find anything on the person, just call them a thug anyway and make up that they belonged to a gang or something and had nebulous criminal connections; most of your audience will buy this anyway because they're racist
  • Step 3: Read the initial police statement; there's your reason why the person had to die. Don't ever criticize the police behavior. Demand that the victim be perfect in every situation or else they deserved to die.
  • Step 4: Don't worry about previous statements and positions! Most conservatives are hypocrites anyway. For example, if you've previously claimed that the 2nd Amendment is vital to defend your home from invaders, remember that the 2nd Amendment only exists for white people! If a black person has a gun, they are a criminal thug and do not have a right to defend themselves.
  • Step 5: Argue that the left hates cops and is soft on crime because they want to prevent black people from being murdered; it's so totally worth it to increase the risk of death through no-knock warrants just so we can get more arrests over possession of a drug that most people want legalized anyway!
  • Step 6: Accuse others of race-baiting even though you definitely wouldn't be defending the police in this instance if the victim was white
And that's it! Just remember to always follow these steps, and this way your mind will be impenetrable to change or reconsideration of the fact that deep down, you like it when the police kill black people. Have fun!
2/9/2022 12:08 AM
Also, isn't it interesting that police can just lie in their opening statements to the press, and without body camera footage these lies are sometimes just accepted as fact by the media because dead people can't give their side of the story? Fun stuff!
2/9/2022 12:09 AM
Posted by tangplay on 2/9/2022 12:08:00 AM (view original):
Note: this only applies if the person being shot or killed is a black person, preferably a black male. Conservatives don't see a need to defend the police when it's a white person being murdered!
  • Step 1: Upon hearing of a police shooting, locate the name of the victim and immediately search them on Google. You're looking for anything you can possibly use to call this person a criminal and imply that they deserved to die. Even if all you find is a picture of them with a gun, or a friend of a friend who one time in 2014 posted something negative about the police, that's usually enough to get some justification.
  • Step 2: If you can't find anything on the person, just call them a thug anyway and make up that they belonged to a gang or something and had nebulous criminal connections; most of your audience will buy this anyway because they're racist
  • Step 3: Read the initial police statement; there's your reason why the person had to die. Don't ever criticize the police behavior. Demand that the victim be perfect in every situation or else they deserved to die.
  • Step 4: Don't worry about previous statements and positions! Most conservatives are hypocrites anyway. For example, if you've previously claimed that the 2nd Amendment is vital to defend your home from invaders, remember that the 2nd Amendment only exists for white people! If a black person has a gun, they are a criminal thug and do not have a right to defend themselves.
  • Step 5: Argue that the left hates cops and is soft on crime because they want to prevent black people from being murdered; it's so totally worth it to increase the risk of death through no-knock warrants just so we can get more arrests over possession of a drug that most people want legalized anyway!
  • Step 6: Accuse others of race-baiting even though you definitely wouldn't be defending the police in this instance if the victim was white
And that's it! Just remember to always follow these steps, and this way your mind will be impenetrable to change or reconsideration of the fact that deep down, you like it when the police kill black people. Have fun!
I would just add somewhere at the top - believe and trust everything in the police report and never accept the possibility that the facts have been doctored.
2/9/2022 12:25 AM
Posted by tangplay on 2/9/2022 12:09:00 AM (view original):
Also, isn't it interesting that police can just lie in their opening statements to the press, and without body camera footage these lies are sometimes just accepted as fact by the media because dead people can't give their side of the story? Fun stuff!
Now i read this.
not just the press statement but the first filed report is often an attempted cover up.
The press statement often tracks it.
2/9/2022 12:28 AM (edited)
Sometimes racism is not the key but a horrible policy that the cops have to follow leads to reactions causing murder. I think most of this week is knee jerk stereotyping with fear and not your typical southern hospitality racism...I said most. The George Floyd guy I dont know...He had a long record that might have been equal opportunity psychopath.

There should be zero no knock warrents gor drug cases and it should only be used in truly verified exigent circumstances.
2/9/2022 12:38 AM
Yeah, the only time no-knock warrants should be used is in a clear hostage situation, or something of that sort.

It should NOT be used because a SWAT team decides they want to feel cool (even though the original warrant didn't call for a no-knock siege), and should most certainly not be used because you want to catch someone with weed.
2/9/2022 1:10 AM
This thread is insane. Point a GUN at a cop, you are dead meat. Period. Charge at a cop with a knife in your hand, he shoots you dead. You have a problem with that?

but hey, if it is a black who is shot, it is RACISM. Cop says DROP THE WEAPON, if you have half a brain you will do that and live. Refuse and you get shot.
Agreed that in the US and Canada (pop about 370 million.. you can find some dirty cops.. but most of them do a hard job and just want to go home at night, hug their kids and love their wives.

For the record, I hate the Anarchists (collectively) and have ZERO use for them that would stir up hatred of the cops. Imagine yourself in a country where there are no cops. Good luck making it to and from your bank..

So tired of this *hit.

and about no knock, Tangplay, I would that they don't knock on a drug bust .. cuz they those slimeballs will kill a cop and think nothing of it.

I have never been a cop. Neither have you. It is so hard to put ourselves in their shoes for that very reason. It is like telling a navy Seal how to take out someone like Escobar, when most of us have never even held an AR 15

Easy to be an armchair expert, though
2/9/2022 6:40 AM
Well well well. What are my little blocked buddies up to now L&F74? Is this more defund the police? Are they advocating we get rid of police? Here's a better question. Have they offered a solution? Just one? I doubt it.

I can gather it is based on the liberals #1 all time hit....Racism. They play it over and over. It never gets old for them. Everything after 1960 is racist to them. The vaccines are racist. Legal IDs are racist. Geography, place names and improperly named sports teams are racist. Education is racist. Black Republicans are racist Uncle Toms. White children is school are being informed of their white privilege and that they are racist by birth and skin color. And of course, all police are racist. Why can I say that? Well, because I bet they didn't say ONE positive thing about police. In fact, if you were unlucky enough to read this drivel you would probably think the whole institution is racist to the core.

The good news is we moderately educated and reasonable folk can spot senseless, unreasonable and childish gibberish from those misguided but culpable unfortunates who fancy themselves the standard bearers of some new ideology that MUST be imparted upon all of us. By mandate and force if necessary, regardless of prior legally agreed upon law or existing founding documents because they are racist (most things they don't like are) and these people know better what is good for you and EVERY individual at all times and circumstance because they simply know better and you don't so shut up or we'll cancel you.

Of course we all soon realize not only why these things are promulgated, but we also understand the timing. In this case the main cause is failure. The total abject failure of the Biden administration and those in leadership roles within the lost and floundering party. In other words, don't pay attention to those things that actually matter in your life. Don't worry about inflation or the southern border. Don't pay attention to the 100,000 deaths due to fentanyl or midnight flights of illegals to parts unknown. Don't mind the cost of fuel as we build the worlds first green super-power or the diminishing return on your shopping trips. Pay no attention to polls or the total implosion of CNN because it's ok as long as you NEVER watch Fox News or Tucker Carlson because they are, of course, racists. Everything is racist if the left says it is. And that's what's important. That's the important thing. Not what you see. Not what you feel. Only what you are told and only when it comes from the proper people who know better than you....like this thread.

And as we know, because they told us, I never say anything. I'm always silent. The only thing I do is post stupid memes.

2/9/2022 10:38 AM
At first I was going to respond to this, but as I kept reading your rhetoric I decided not to bother with a serious reply.

Based on your rhetoric it's not going to be any more worthwhile discussing this with you than it would be with Dougy. You can tilt with straw men, have fun with that.

What I will say is that I tend to run in more liberal circles, so my perspective may be slanted, but my experience was that a lot more liberals supported pressing charges in the Breonna Taylor case than conservatives who did not support pressing charges in the George Floyd case. To me those are both litmus tests for whether somebody is going to find enough common ground to have a meaningful conversation on the topic of police reform.
2/9/2022 12:01 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/9/2022 6:40:00 AM (view original):
This thread is insane. Point a GUN at a cop, you are dead meat. Period. Charge at a cop with a knife in your hand, he shoots you dead. You have a problem with that?

but hey, if it is a black who is shot, it is RACISM. Cop says DROP THE WEAPON, if you have half a brain you will do that and live. Refuse and you get shot.
Agreed that in the US and Canada (pop about 370 million.. you can find some dirty cops.. but most of them do a hard job and just want to go home at night, hug their kids and love their wives.

For the record, I hate the Anarchists (collectively) and have ZERO use for them that would stir up hatred of the cops. Imagine yourself in a country where there are no cops. Good luck making it to and from your bank..

So tired of this *hit.

and about no knock, Tangplay, I would that they don't knock on a drug bust .. cuz they those slimeballs will kill a cop and think nothing of it.

I have never been a cop. Neither have you. It is so hard to put ourselves in their shoes for that very reason. It is like telling a navy Seal how to take out someone like Escobar, when most of us have never even held an AR 15

Easy to be an armchair expert, though
Have you seen the body camera footage of the Amir Locke shooting?

Here's the situation: you're asleep. It's the early morning. Suddenly you hear loud yelling, a group of men are pointing a gun at you. Immediately, you reach for your gun and grab it (BECAUSE YOU'RE A LEGAL GUN OWNER IN A COUNTRY THAT HAS A 2ND AMENDMENT). Boom, in a split second you're dead.

Keep in mind that you're asleep at the beginning of this; the police don't give you the opportunity to get your bearings. As far as you are aware, a bunch of armed people have charged into your home.

That's what happened to Amir Locke. He was murdered by the police.

The simple solution, of course, is to simply knock. It gives the person inside the home the full knowledge of the situation and keeps both sides out of as much danger as possible. Not knocking puts the police in danger because if someone has a gun, they're going to be startled and start defending themself, as is their GOD DAMN AMERICAN RIGHT. That's what happened to Amir Locke and that's what happened to Breonna Taylor.
2/9/2022 12:14 PM

Well well well. What are my little blocked buddies up to now L&F74? Is this more defund the police? Are they advocating we get rid of police? Here's a better question. Have they offered a solution? Just one? I doubt it.

lmao conservative brain rot.

I specifically said we should almost completely curtail no-knock warrants.

Police shouldn't be defunded or abolished.

2/9/2022 12:16 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/9/2022 12:01:00 PM (view original):
At first I was going to respond to this, but as I kept reading your rhetoric I decided not to bother with a serious reply.

Based on your rhetoric it's not going to be any more worthwhile discussing this with you than it would be with Dougy. You can tilt with straw men, have fun with that.

What I will say is that I tend to run in more liberal circles, so my perspective may be slanted, but my experience was that a lot more liberals supported pressing charges in the Breonna Taylor case than conservatives who did not support pressing charges in the George Floyd case. To me those are both litmus tests for whether somebody is going to find enough common ground to have a meaningful conversation on the topic of police reform.
+100
2/9/2022 12:20 PM
"Boom, in a split second you're dead."

It was actually 9 seconds.
2/9/2022 12:21 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/9/2022 12:01:00 PM (view original):

I'm pretty clearly being intentionally incendiary with my rhetoric and poking fun of conservatives. I think my underlying argument is reasonable.

I don't know if charges should be pressed in the Breonna Taylor or Amir Locke cases, but the situation that put the police in that position is ******. There's no reason a no-knock warrant should be used in that situation.

And maybe within your friend group people were being reasonable, but I will say that the prominent conservative commentators generally fell in line in support of Derek Chauvin. I can't name many who were cheering at his conviction. Most were also behind the killers of Ahmaud Arbery and many slandered Breonna Taylor. This is the mainstram conservative position.
2/9/2022 12:22 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 2/9/2022 12:21:00 PM (view original):
"Boom, in a split second you're dead."

It was actually 9 seconds.
How much time elapsed in between Locke grabbing the gun and being shot?
2/9/2022 12:23 PM
1234 Next ▸
A Conservative Guide After a Police Shooting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.