The Beatles Topic

I've been thinking lately about what if the Beatles had stuck together for just two more years - what would their next (and probably final) album have looked like? I can only assume their best songs from that time-frame would be included in the mix. This is what I think it would have looked like:

Side One:
Power To The People - John
Maybe I'm Amazed - Paul
Isn't It A Pity - George
It Don't Come Easy - Ringo
Instant Karma - John
The Back Seat Of My Car - Paul
What Is Life - George

Side Two:
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey - Paul
All Things Must Pass - George
Mother - John
Beaucoups Of Blues - Ringo
Another Day - Paul
Imagine - John
My Sweet Lord - George

I would have included "Give Peace A Chance" but I'm pretty sure that it was specifically a "John and Yoko" thing and wouldn't have ended up on a Beatles album.

Opinions? What do you think? Would this album be listed as one of their better releases? Would some of these songs (especially the "Lennon/McCartney" tunes) have sounded differently had they been working together?

9/6/2023 5:06 PM
This is the best post I have seen in ages based on stuff I love.
let me read it in full and give my 2 cents.
9/6/2023 5:48 PM
If you don’t mind a change up how about you doing a 1970 album. You did a 1970-71 list. I think it would have to be a 20 song double album and leave some of All Things for 1971.

It could be a triple album but I’m good with 20 which would include for me one of Ringo’s country album songs.

Lets do an interactive discussion and get 20.

your thread - your decision.
9/6/2023 5:57 PM (edited)
If you are interested in that I would definitely have Power to the People and Beucoups Of Blues as 2 and Baby I’m Amazed.
that would leave 17.
9/6/2023 5:55 PM
Baby I'm amazed is not a McCartney tune I ever heard of................
9/6/2023 6:55 PM
yeah, its Maybe I'm Amazed.
9/6/2023 8:15 PM
great song, though
9/6/2023 8:15 PM
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 9/6/2023 5:57:00 PM (view original):
If you don’t mind a change up how about you doing a 1970 album. You did a 1970-71 list. I think it would have to be a 20 song double album and leave some of All Things for 1971.

It could be a triple album but I’m good with 20 which would include for me one of Ringo’s country album songs.

Honestly, I felt like the 14 songs listed were good enough. Anything else I could have added (with the exception of additional "All Things" tunes) I would have considered "filler."

To each their own - feel free to do a 70/71 split if you like. I'm curious to see what you come up with.

9/7/2023 1:11 AM
Posted by thejuice6 on 9/7/2023 1:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Lennybruce26 on 9/6/2023 5:57:00 PM (view original):

Honestly, I felt like the 14 songs listed were good enough. Anything else I could have added (with the exception of additional "All Things" tunes) I would have considered "filler."

To each their own - feel free to do a 70/71 split if you like. I'm curious to see what you come up with.

The songs are great but it is 70 and 71.
I think a separate album for each year is better.
there are easily 20 good enough songs from each year saving a few Harrison for 71.
just about the entire plastic ono album are songs good enough for a Beatles album.

I’ll do a 70 and a 71.
9/7/2023 1:17 AM
just picking songs - I’ll put 20 of them in order later.

1. beaucoup of blues - ringo
2. Paul - amazed, junk, every night, Valentine’s Day
John - Power, instant karma, mother, isolation, well well well, God, working class hero, I found out, love, hold on
George - Wawa, My Sweet Lord, isn’t it a pity, I’d have you anytime, apple scruffs.

order to follow
9/7/2023 1:56 AM (edited)
1971 20 to be sorted

ringo - it don’t come easy
Paul - another day, dear boy. Uncle Albert, back seat of my car, heart of the country, too many people, monkberry moon delight,
John - Imagine, jealous guy, crippled inside, how, oh Yoko, gimme some truth, oh my love
George - Beware of Darkness, what is life, if not for you, ballad of Frankie crisp, all things must pass

9/7/2023 1:55 AM (edited)
1972 will be about 12 songs
and 1973 would have to be another double album of 20 songs easy Ringo, George - Material World, John -Mind Games Paul - Red Rose Speedway
9/7/2023 2:05 AM (edited)
1970 Beatles double album
The Black Album

side 1
1. Instant Karma
2. WaWa
3. Every Night
4. Well Well Well
5. Junk

side 2
1. Maybe I’m Amazed
2. I’d Have You Anytime
3. Isn’t It a Pity
4. Valentine’s Day
5. Isolation

side 3
1. My Sweet Lord
2. Power To The People
3. Awaiting On You All
4. Beaucoup Of Blues
5. Working Class Hero

side 4
1. Mother
2. Hold On
3. Apple Scruffs
4. Love
5. God
12/16/2023 3:08 AM (edited)
1971 Beatles Double Album
Imagine

side 1
1. Imagine
2. Uncle Albert
3. It Don’t Come Easy
4. Too Many People
5. Jealous Guy

side 2
1. Beware of Darkness
2. Dear Boy
3. Oh My Love
4. Back Seat Of My Car
5. Oh Yoko

side 3
1. If Not For You
2. Gimme Some Truth
3. Another Day
4. Heart of The Country
5. Ballad of Frankie Crisp

side 4
1. All Things Must Pass
2. Monkberry Moon Delight
3. How
4. It’s So Hard
5. What is Life
9/8/2023 12:31 AM (edited)
1972 Beatles Album
The Green Album
There are more great songs for 1972 then realized.

Side 1
1. Back Off Boogaloo
2. Tomorrow
3. New York City
4. Hi Hi Hi
5. Give Ireland Back To The Irish
6. Mary Had A Little Lamb

side 2
1. Woman Is …..
2. Bangladesh
3. Deep Blue
4. Some People Never Know
5. Sunday Bloody Sunday
6. We’re All Water

This album would be divisive and criticized yet it would be deeply passionate in its political moments.
I would love this album.
12/16/2023 3:14 AM (edited)
1234 Next ▸
The Beatles Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.