Dynasty rankings, DIII Topic

I started out wanting to move up, but the DIII world here is awesome and I got hooked. I have been a little disappointed with some changes made, but really just need a little break. I like it when I don't have to continually check on my team and just go on auto-pilot, but I like winning to much to do that for too long.

Plus, the MIAA will be losing some of the vets over the next couple of seasons and I have thought about getting into another conference and seeing how I can match up with some other guys.
9/22/2008 9:58 AM
I'm with you tanzetti.... as much as I have absolutely loved being in IBA D3 at Washington & Lee, I've decided that it's time to move on. I'm actively seeking to apply for a D2 job somewhere. I"ve likely coached my last game at W&L & in the ODAC which has been my favorite league/team any where. But, I'm ready for a new challenge.

Thanks, al for the work you do on the D3 Dynasty list here. It was great being a part of it & being near the top of the list for a long time. GL next season & beyond to all those that stay around.
9/22/2008 2:40 PM
I know you're all dying to know that I will NOT be leaving Washington. As long as there are still a few lifers that need an *** kickin I won't be going anywhere.
9/22/2008 2:56 PM
but tanzetti, then you miss my miraculous rebuild job in MIAA!
9/22/2008 4:05 PM
That is true Fuma. A big reason though not to go is I would love to tie Kelby with 3 National titles. I think we have a decent shot next year of doing some damage.
9/22/2008 7:16 PM
We have a heck of a schedule next year to start the season and maybe a good run might change my mind a little bit. The one thing I would hate to see is some idiot take over Adrian and trash them.
9/22/2008 7:21 PM
I'm one of those vets that hung it up after season 30, after 26 seasons at Eureka and a few other assorted bits. It's a combo of burnout, frustration of the last few seasons, finances and to a smaller extent time. With 6 open schollies, I figured this is the right time to exit. I still love the competition and fun I've had, both with the MIAA and with the many coaches I've competed against otherwise.

I have a feeling I will return at some point, but this is the right time to take a break.
9/22/2008 7:49 PM
i keeping hoping ill get a note from my AD that says "oldavey, its been a nice run, but its time for you to move on". and then i would just walk away.

but i guess thats not gonna happen. so im prolly gonna keep coming back.
9/24/2008 9:06 AM
As long as they keep the PI tourny I ain't goin nowhere.
9/25/2008 11:03 PM
anyone want to schedule some non-conference games?
10/13/2008 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By alblack56 on 9/21/2008
Quote: Originally Posted By oldave on 9/21/2008

ughhh. was it close?

would winning the nc have given me the top spot?

It was close but Lakeland has two runners-up and a Final Four in the past 5 seasons. One of the runner-ups will no longer be considered after this season. Discount that and Oneonta has the lead heading into next year.

Susquehanna, currently #7, could make a move, too. 5 years ago, they lost in the PIT 1st round.

i was gonna ask about the list.... but if oney had the lead going into the season.... im thinking we are looking purty good.

<ok, lookatme mode OFF>
11/12/2008 2:25 PM
DYNASTY UPDATE

New to the list are: Marywood, Austin, Penn St.-Altoona,Wittenberg. Congratulations!

Rankings, including last season

LS

2. 1. SUNY Oneonta

4. 2. Westminster

1. 3. Lakeland

9. 4. Rockford

5. 5. Adrian

7. 6. Susquehanna

6. 7. Washington, MO

3. 8. Guilford

26. 9. Medger Evers

10. 10. Wheaton

8. 11. Lynchburg

19. 12. Franklin

12. 13. Transylvania

NR 14. Marywood

40. 15. Virginia Wesleyan

17. 16. E. Mennonite

31. 17. Manchester

14. 18. Skidmore

20. 19. Washington & Lee

18. 20. Allegheny

22. 21. Delaware Valley

11. 22. McMurry

16. 23. Texas Lutheran

25. 24. Mary Hardin-Baylor

33. 25. Alvernia

Almost making the Top 25:

26. Principia; 27. Wartburg; 28. Baldwin-Wallace; 29. Gwynedd-Mercy; 30. Penn St-Altoona; 31. Marian; 32. York (PA); 33. La Verne; 34. Wittenberg; 35. Calvin; 36. Austin; 37. George Fox; 38. Wilmington; 39. Dallas; 40. St. Scholastica; 41. SUNY Cortland; 42. Redlands; 43. W. New England; 44. Heidelberg
11/12/2008 7:45 PM
al,

has a heartland team ever topprd the list?

not trying to be an ***, ive allways been suprised that heartland does nto dominate the postseason as would seem logical.

if no heartlander has ever been #1, are the westmen the first to make it to #2?

what was the most heartlanders in the top10, top25 at one time?

just curious, i think even the other top conferences would have to acquiese to the heartlanders claim to topconference, and so im just curious as to the milestones they may have set.

or, is it possible that another conference holds the record for most top10 or top25 at a single time on the newdynasty list?

also trying to recall if i ever made it to the top spot? i am thinking that i didnt quite make it after my season 015 title. i will check

by the way, thanks al for doing this for all these years, since kel and i have gotten lazy witht he washeonta and other things that have made iba special, its good to know that you have kept up with this and your tourney.

thanks a bunch
11/12/2008 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By oldave on 3/17/2007
after season 017 i made the top spot for my one and only time. hopfeully i can hold on a bit longer this time
11/12/2008 8:04 PM
edit--i looked and actually i stayed number one for at least one more seasons.. maybe a third?

but, ironically. thoughi have had the best record in the sunyac quite often over the past 30 years... sethsorter had my number those two years.

whatever happened to old sethy?
11/12/2008 8:14 PM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23...30 Next ▸
Dynasty rankings, DIII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.