** New Fatigue ** Topic

GP helps determine duration of injury
4/23/2006 9:52 PM
Thank YOU!!!
4/24/2006 10:04 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
4/24/2006 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By billyho1515 on 4/23/2006

If Player X averaged 40 MPG but only played 41 of 82 games...
does that mean he can go 20 MPG for all 82 games? cuz in the baseball sim if a pitcher went 8 IP/G but only pitched 5 games...he is not capable of pitching 1 IP/G for 40 games.
No, he is bound to get injured because injuries are more based on games played than minutes played, so even if you play him at the rate he would have played over 82 games, he's still going to get injured. The system needs fixing still because injuries are still pretty random
4/24/2006 11:27 AM
Lol, as opposed to those non-random injuries.
4/24/2006 11:54 AM
Injuries are completely based on total minutes, not games played. This is the fairest method because salaries are basically a player's value multiplied by his minutes. So with injuries based on total minutes, and with the new fatigue being based on total minutes, you should get pretty much what you pay for.
4/24/2006 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By usmoo_879 on 4/24/2006Lol, as opposed to those non-random injuries
You mean they aren't planned?
4/24/2006 12:05 PM
I just think if you draft a guy, he should be able to play the amount of minutes he did IRL without penalty, as long as he is not going over his 82 game pace.
If you play that 64-65 split Wilt at 20MPG, HE'S GOING TO GET INJURED...no MAYBES...no PROBABLYS, its going to happen...and that is the problem with the sim.
I would rather have no injuries and stricter fatigue penalties
4/24/2006 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 4/24/2006Injuries are completely based on total minutes, not games played. This is the fairest method because salaries are basically a player's value multiplied by his minutes. So with injuries based on total minutes, and with the new fatigue being based on total minutes, you should get pretty much what you pay for
I love your answers..."should pretty much" "essentially" he says.

That first sentence is a steaming line of ****. In terms of lower minute, half season guys, THEY WILL ALWAYS UNDERPERFORM in the sim
4/24/2006 12:08 PM
I said pretty much because there is still randomness built in. So you might get lucky and get some extra minutes or you might not. But with the new fatigue formula, even if you are lucky enough to avoid injuries, you'll see some fatigue if they're exceeding minutes.

Every player is treated the same way, by looking at total minutes. So why would half season guys underperform. You're just making wild claims with no evidence whatsoever.
4/24/2006 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By seble on 4/24/2006

I said pretty much because there is still randomness built in. So you might get lucky and get some extra minutes or you might not. But with the new fatigue formula, even if you are lucky enough to avoid injuries, you'll see some fatigue if they're exceeding minutes.

EXTREMELY VAGUE

Every player is treated the same way, by looking at total minutes. So why would half season guys underperform. You're just making wild claims with no evidence whatsoever.

My 51 game Nate Thurmond is getting injured and right. He played 2100+ minutes IRL...am I going to get that out of him this season...nope...thus he's underperforming.

Again, you're NOW saying that GP has NO AFFECT on injuries...you're double speaking again.

Here's what you should do, instead of having MPG on the draft board...have MPG/82, basically dividing a player's minutes by 82 games to give users an idea of how often/much they should play their split season players. If games played don't matter...like you said...then eliminate them.
4/24/2006 12:16 PM
Where did I say that injuries were based on games played?
4/24/2006 12:23 PM
If games played don't matter
Why do guys that play 2000 minutes in 82 games get injured less than guys that played 2000 minutes in 50 games?
4/24/2006 12:27 PM
Edit: Some things are better unsaid.
4/24/2006 12:30 PM
I guess what bothers me most about you Seble is that you and Tinman dance around main points like you're in a damned ballroom. You seem to think that if you put actual facts and figures (numbers) into what you're saying that you're somehow giving the "secrets" of the game away and that someone would master the game and everyone would stop playing.
Everything seems like, or should pretty much, or just might, or essentially, or some fatigue...what do you really have to hide?
Whenever I suggest/have suggested something to you..you've always said..."That's ESSENTIALLY how it works".
If you want to see my fatigue work, I will show you. There is too much randomness in this game
4/24/2006 12:34 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...9 Next ▸
** New Fatigue ** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.