** New Fatigue ** Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By selvendar on 4/25/2006

Hey colonels, If I want to read the GD forums AND post, AND call you a jackass, I WILL. Count on it. Now, stop with your friggin' boo-hooing.
That's banable.
5/29/2006 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By spart_norris on 5/29/2006
Quote: Originally Posted By selvendar on 4/25/2006

Hey colonels, If I want to read the GD forums AND post, AND call you a jackass, I WILL. Count on it. Now, stop with your friggin' boo-hooing.
That's banable.
Jackass is banable? Give me a break. Read the guy's posts...here and over on the CRD forums. Then get back to me about who needs to get banned.
6/2/2006 10:28 PM
I don't like the new fatigue system at all.
6/10/2006 12:15 PM
it is draconic to a precision that we do not in turn have access to when it comes to managing the very minutes that would allow us to navigate past its penalties
especially true in the case of bench guys who play 5 - 10 minutes per and face the biggest exposure to even the slightest variation from TM
6/10/2006 12:31 PM
I agree. the NEW FATIGUE is brutal. It seems The only way to stay healthy or energetic is to build a team of mediocre hi minute low cost players.
6/13/2006 12:12 AM
As posted in the other fatigue thread:

The aim for open leagues is to represent realistic team composition. Currently, around 90%+ real teams will fit under our salary cap. In other words, you should be able to draft enough minutes to avoid fatigue and still put quality players on the floor.
6/13/2006 1:41 PM
What happens to the fatigue at the all-star break? If a player does not play in the all-star game, he should, realistically get three days off and recover.
7/3/2007 3:02 PM
no all star game => no break => fatigue recovers normally
7/3/2007 3:10 PM
"New fatigue is brutal"? I hope that was sarcasm, because it's still a joke. You can get a team of all-stars at $42m, no problem at all. I'd love to see a serious fatigue system that would force owners to have at least 19000 minutes to compete at a .500-plus level. Now, having 19000 minutes almost guarantees being relegated to second-class status (or worse).
7/3/2007 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By jsturgis5866 on 7/03/2007
"New fatigue is brutal"? I hope that was sarcasm, because it's still a joke. You can get a team of all-stars at $42m, no problem at all. I'd love to see a serious fatigue system that would force owners to have at least 19000 minutes to compete at a .500-plus level. Now, having 19000 minutes almost guarantees being relegated to second-class status (or worse).
agree. when I started playing the sim if you didn't have 19000 minutes you could still field a 50 win playoff team but you would have major fatigue AND injuries. Now, nobody ever gets injured and awesome teams are being made with 17500-18500 total minutes.

Owners have figured out that because nobody gets injured they can draft significantly less minutes and rely on the rookies to make up the difference while just suffering a little fatigue.

A real NBA owner would never have a random rookie they dont know on their team so why do we have them here.. WIS should add three more guys to the draft and up the default cap to 44 mil or something like that. Then rookies can be gotten rid of entirely. Just my opinion.
7/4/2007 3:34 AM
i don't know where u guys are coming from...

i never field a team with less than 19000 mins... never! u can rely on those rookies all u want too... be my guest! haha...

i'll keep things the way they are and collect my rings.

u 2 should know better. u have fallen into the trap. teams with low mins and incredible players have terrific regular seasons, then get blitzed in the playoffs.

peace
7/4/2007 4:26 AM
thats the other side of the coin, scud.. a good owner can draft a team and coach them to a title w/ more than 19000 minutes.. no doubt about that.. but I can also name a few owners who ALWAYS short minutes and they get rings, too.. so it works both ways.
anyway, my point is nobody ever gets injured anymore which is weird and I dont really like rookies for the most part because they create unnecessary randomness and teams that do exceptionally well because of what I stated above.
I havent looked in a while but I can almost but guarantee you there are teams in the top 25 that have seriously low minutes.. top 10 even.
And as for the playoffs, well... I dont think minutes would help me there.. just bad coaching for the most part probably..
7/4/2007 5:51 AM
yea scud, i definitly don't have ur experience, only to my 2nd team, but i did win my championship with 17799 min and i was 52-30 in the season but better in the playoffs 16-5, and that was with real bad rookies 2 F stamina the other D. Yea i did ***** about losing a starter to injury for 2 playoff games but still i made it. My current team which i believe is stronger than my championship team has 17759 min but 2 rookies with D stamina and so far all my players except one (94) r at 100%. So i've got nothin but respect for u bro, i'm sure u know what ur talkin bout but so far i'm doin good with less than 1800. We'll see how it turns out but if i can win this way i'm not drafting more minutes fo sure!
7/4/2007 8:09 AM
Bring back injuries for players who are exceeding their IRL MPG rate by more than 15%. That would put an end to this "abuse" and also be more similar to IRL (where players do actually miss games). Injuries were part of the SIM for a long time: they just made drafting teams a bit more challenging. Owners are going to whine no matter what, so why not put the realism of injuries back in the game?
7/4/2007 9:36 AM
I keep comparing the NBA sim to MLB sim, sorry bout that but thats the only experience i have with WIS, in MLB you can get an extra 10% out of ya RL numbers an injuries are pretty non-existant, so thats why i drafted so few minutes in the first place, i thought it was similar, but since it worked out i dont see why i should draft more minutes. Now i dont know if lacking realism with injuries is that good or bad but when they do happen in RL it is totally random and of course not because of how you drafted, also in RL you have more ways to compensate for an injured player (trade, deeper rosters, which we can't really have in WIS. One thing is for sure no SIM will ever be perfect so that is why we have to adapt to and even "abuse" the system, hell, experienced owners know only too well how to do that, in MLB it's so obvious that they have to keep updating the game so the cookies and glitches don't ruin it for inexperience players.
7/4/2007 11:09 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸
** New Fatigue ** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.