New Coaches Lounge (Perpetual) Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By foodsnob on 1/19/2008
billybob:
The sim will look at the average rating in each category for the entire OL and the entire DL. They do not treat these as individual players but instead as one unit.
The core ratings for OL are BLK, STR, and TEC. For DL it is TCK, STR, and TEC.
Strictly speaking, only the OL is always considered merely as a group. Sometimes the DL are considered as a group and sometimes, as for example on a running play, they may be considered individually.
3/2/2010 8:24 PM
I'm new to this, been looking around for a general recruiting strategy, and still have many questions.

I understand I should wait a couple of cycles before jumping in. But there are many cycles per day - if I am going after someone, should I send letter/call/visit, etc. at every cycle after I start? Do I need to wait until near the signing day to offer a schollie? Or can you start, work hard for 4-5 cycles, then offer the schollie and hope to land?

These things may be posted elsewhere, but I can't find it...

Your help is much appreciated.
5/23/2010 12:19 AM
maybe this has been covered, but my offense play calling seems a bit weak..help me understand a few things...

if my OL line has better athletes blocking, technique, GI and strength etc...shouldn't I be able to run aggresivley and balanced and win 80% of the time?

Balanced attack in run game means more running between the tackles and aggressive is more around the tackles?

How about the same question for the pass game? Agressive meaning longer passes?

and how do you ensure the use of star players amping up play distribution?

If I want to ensure my TE get's the ball in most case for a balanced to conservative notre dame box, how do I set that play up? but I also want to distribute tot he WR's in certain sitautions...I guess most of the time I look at my game results and I see the use of certain players that I would like better distribution of plays too and I don't seem to be getting them the ball.

So after my second time here in dynasty I guess my play calling has me frustrated to wanting to leave. I feel recruiting is the easy part but game time is a guessing game each gaem for me...my team should have dominated most SIM teams and I struggle each time, so my play calling obviously suxxxx. so why play.

Help would be needed or directeed to a read source for more in depth advanced play calling and offense game planning.

I practice 2 plays on D & O and only call those plays in game situations.

6/19/2010 7:42 PM
Hey all, love the forum...I've learned so much from everyone, so thanks a million for all the advice. This is the first time I have posted a question, and it has to do with recruiting. If you promise a freshman start, and then redshirt the recruit will his work ethic go straight down hill! Just wondering if anyone has ever done this to a recruit?
8/7/2010 6:41 PM
hey sjgarcia....You would likely get better/faster repsonses by posting questions like this on the GD general forum rather than in a league forum. Here is a recent response to your question that was posted in the general forums:
"It depends on the recruit. In the scouting report if it says he plays only for himself, not a team player, etc, I think he's more likely to complain. These are rare though."
So from what I have read there is no guaranteed response. If you read old forums you will see guys saying yes it matters and no, nothing happened.
It could effect your coaching rep but I don't think it would matter a lot and likely more so if it was a playing time promise that was broken. It would also effect the players work ethic but the post quoted here is recent and from an experienced coach so it could be as close to a 'correct' answer as you get.
8/8/2010 9:53 AM
Thanks for the info eastonest! My first few seasons I played in the NESAC conf. with you. There were some awesome coaches during that time, and I learned a lot from you guys. I think I will keep my commitment to the recruit, and not take any chances. Like you said, there are no guaranteed responses, wouldn't it be easy if there were lol!
8/9/2010 6:25 PM
I have never had problems redshirting a guy after promising starts or playing time.  I don't do it very often, mind you, but I have never been burned by it either.  I think the situation is very rare and probably not worth worrying about.
8/10/2010 11:12 AM

If you coach in FCS and Wait until signing day what are the chanches of landing a BCS Guy if he s still on the board

1/11/2011 6:33 PM
If the guy isn't coming up when you search 1-AA, the chances are zero.  If he is coming up, you're in good shape as long as no Division 1-A team wants him.  And even if that's the case, I'd wait until the last day to throw money at him (or another 1-AA team jumps on the guy).
1/11/2011 11:36 PM
Hey, I'm new to this... what is the best way to recruit for DIII? 
- big money up front 
- wait until the last minute
- 3 let the assistants pick
 thanks 
1/24/2011 9:02 PM
Anyone with some insight to share on recruiting, I would love to talk with you.  New to the game, but not to college football in general.
2/28/2011 6:41 PM
Posted by bluechip21 on 1/24/2011 9:02:00 PM (view original):
Hey, I'm new to this... what is the best way to recruit for DIII? 
- big money up front 
- wait until the last minute
- 3 let the assistants pick
 thanks 
-When you're new, I wouldn't recommend battling.  #1, you don't really know the limits of your cash in DIII, #2, you don't really know if the player is worth a battle, and #3, there is sure to be a player with close to the same ability still undecided.

-Never "let the assistants pick" your recruits, they'll be awful.

3/1/2011 11:42 AM
Posted by heptarch on 2/28/2011 6:41:00 PM (view original):
Anyone with some insight to share on recruiting, I would love to talk with you.  New to the game, but not to college football in general.
You can sitemail me with any specific questions.

3/1/2011 11:42 AM
Am I really the first to post here in 5 years? Wow, I wonder if this question will get answered. I'm curious as to whether there is a specific time that game results are revealed. I noticed that the first half game results are updated over night. The second half/final game results don't seem to be updated at a specific time so far.
7/25/2016 2:38 PM
Posted by MWThompson on 7/25/2016 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Am I really the first to post here in 5 years? Wow, I wonder if this question will get answered. I'm curious as to whether there is a specific time that game results are revealed. I noticed that the first half game results are updated over night. The second half/final game results don't seem to be updated at a specific time so far.
2:30 am EST for first half, 2:30pm for the second half
7/29/2016 7:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11 Next ▸
New Coaches Lounge (Perpetual) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.