New Coaches Lounge (Perpetual) Topic

Quote: Originally Posted By acastillo on 8/28/2006

Question
Other than the FAQ categories, what 2 categories do you believe are most important for OL and DL (I know. . . I know. . all categories affect players, etc. OR it depends on formation you are running . . . .) But in general if you have to choose 2, which 2 are next in importance.
After strength, blocking, and technique, I would definitely go with game instinct and athleticism, with GI getting the edge. GI affects blitz pick up and those sorts of things, while athleticism serves as a boost to every attribute that a player has.
8/28/2006 10:49 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
8/28/2006 11:18 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
8/29/2006 4:34 PM
i am the opposite, i am a big fan of stamina, especialy at the lineman position. i love facing defensive lines that have a lack of depth and stamina, i know come 2nd half i will have them wore down and will be running all over them. diffrent strategies work for diffrent people.
8/31/2006 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By plague on 8/31/2006
i am the opposite, i am a big fan of stamina, especialy at the lineman position. i love facing defensive lines that have a lack of depth and stamina, i know come 2nd half i will have them wore down and will be running all over them. diffrent strategies work for diffrent people.
I don't disagree with that, but I wouldn't ever pass on an otherwise studly recruit because they had low stamina. One of the best RB's I ever had at MN-Duluth in Wilkinson had stamina in the 20's, but won D-II player of the year and led D-II in rushing and td's.
8/31/2006 11:44 AM
it would be hard to pick on a particular player at any position for a few reasons, one is you would not know where that player is in the opponents depth chart, and the other reason is because as players get tired and come out of the game the depth chart moves up meaning you would not be facing the same player on every play. you pretty much have to take advantage of the whole unit.
8/31/2006 12:16 PM
and what most new people need to know is that you dont get very many stats to look at anyway in DIII. If you have say high blocking, str and tech, in a OL (now we are talking incoming freshman for new to farely new coaches not on dynasty teams) your not gonna see good stats in most of the other catagories.
8/31/2006 4:41 PM
may be a dumb question, but how much do you get each season for recruiting
9/11/2006 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By bcnopolis on 9/11/2006
may be a dumb question, but how much do you get each season for recruiting
You got mail
9/11/2006 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By oneomocron on 8/24/2006
Thanks WIS for pinning this topic for us......Now guys, remember...our purpose here is to inform and train the new coaches. In return for the 'pin' I have assured WIS that we will keep this post 'on topic'. Thanks to all of you for your help and focus.
Maybe you should ask WIS to move this thread to the Gridion Dynasty board. No reason for it to be in Stagg, it's relevant to all worlds and addresses GD's single biggest problem (lack of info for newbie coaches).
9/15/2006 5:14 AM
na... leave it in Stagg!! We like to hog things down here! :)
9/15/2006 7:36 AM
This will be my fourth year, but there are still some things that I don't understand.
What damage can be done by rescinding a scholarship?
How should I break my practice time up between gameplan and player development? I have it set to 40 Gameplan, is that too much or too little? I focus most of the points in gameplan on my main sets (of course) and put 1 in sets I rarely use. Any Advice on this?
9/16/2006 9:17 AM
if you rescind a schollie your rep will drop, and it will be harder to move up. However, if you plan on staying at your school for a few seasons, it will gradually go back up.
I don't understand your gameplan breakdown question. I practice about 12-15 minutes on sets I use and 15 on special teams. Depends on the team and how long I have been at that school.
9/16/2006 9:34 AM
Most guys go 80/100 or 90/90 or 100/80 breakdown between game plan practice and individual position practice.
9/17/2006 2:32 AM
hardigans, check the DIII (S15) Coaches Lounge on page 3. I think that might answer the last part of your question somewhat.
Edited- We changed the name to (Perpetual) to avoid all of the confusion with it bein (S15).
9/17/2006 12:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...11 Next ▸
New Coaches Lounge (Perpetual) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.