Hyperlinks and pictures Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted By ooooohdoggie on 12/12/2009

12/12/2009 8:25 AM
  I thought all images would be the small distorted ones. Happy I was wrong.
7/26/2010 9:55 PM
who says hyperlinks anymore
7/28/2010 10:21 AM
ME
8/4/2011 7:57 AM
Posted by ooooohdoggie on 12/31/2008 11:22:00 PM (view original):

http://thatsmyboy03.com/
1/24/2012 5:51 AM
ooooohdoggie, havent seen you in ages. I miss the pic for any topic/person. I was about to say, those were some names from the past, the dog, lemayripper.
1/24/2012 8:50 AM
  Thanks nmchnv. This site was a fun way to connect my baseball memories.   

Flashback #34: Cubs-Sox First Interleague Series (1997)

3/10/2012 5:47 AM (edited)
3/10/2013 2:31 PM (edited)

In the past I have seen some very detailed pages of strat-o-matic Leagues as well as individual Strat-O-Matic individual baseball teams.

WhatIfSports has made some nice improvements over the years enabling leagues to have much easier means for keeping all time league records.

A Progressive League that has made good use of these features is  a league playing from 1941 - 1969, The Just4Me Progressive League.

I believe Seaphil got it up and running. crustydoc is running it now. The below information is from their impressive League Records thread in the League's Private Forum.

Seaphil started WhatIfSports First Progressive with the Centennial League , run for many years by ceez, as well as my first Progressive, The Big League, run by sjstapleton for a long time now.

Quote post by crustydoc on 1/15/2013 1:58:00 PM:Career Hitting Records (through 1968):

Hits
1. Stan Musial              4289
2. Hank Aaron               3389 
3. Willie Mays                3186
4. Richie Ashburn         3091
5. Mickey Vernon           3001 

Runs
1. Stan Musial              2611
2. Ted Williams             2271
3. Willie Mays                 2215
4. Hank Aaron                2145
5. Mickey Mantle            2084

Doubles

1. Stan Musial                964
2. Mickey Vernon             669
3. Hank Aaron                  619
4. Ted Williams               605
5. Bob Elliott                     535

Triples
1. Stan Musial                131
2. Richie Ashburn           100
3. Mickey Vernon              99
4. Enos Slaughter            87
5. Willie Mays                    79

Home Runs
1. Willie Mays                674
1. Mickey Mantle             663
3. Ted Williams              636
4. Eddie Mathews          573
5. Hank Aaron                 569

RBI
1. Stan Musial               2807
2. Mickey Mantle            2179
3. Willie Mays                 2166
4. Hank Aaron                2148
5. Ted Williams              2127

Stolen Bases
1. Maury Wills                   509
2. Luis Aparicio                 407
3. George Case                353
4. Lou Brock                      309
5. Bert Campaneris         273

Average
1. Ted Williams              .377
2. Billy Herman               .367
3. Bob Johnson              .361
4. Dick Siebert                 .355
5. Augie Galan                .353
    Stan Musial                 .353

On Base Pct
1. Ted Williams               .517
2. Augie Galan                 .477
3. Bob Johnson               .474
4. Nick Etten                     .463
5. Mickey Mantle              .455
    Roy Cullenbine           .455

Slugging Pct
1. Ted Williams               .716
2. Joe DiMaggio               .614
3. Bob Johnson               .610
4. Mickey Mantle              .609
5. Johnny Mize                 .605

2/18/2013 11:32 AM (edited)

One of the things I had wanted to do was have a baseball card team set of my WhatIfSports Progressive Teams, people can use photo editing to make some very realistic Card Company styled baseball cards.

Some autograph collectors send vintage baseball cards to former players hoping they will autograph the cards and return them to the collector.

I recently came across a blog where a collector has made non distributed versions of baseball cards, similar in style, but not Card Company issued Trading Cards

Some of the former players have especially enjoyed receiving copies of their versions of these " custom " cards.

Players have occasionally asked for more cards to share with family, and even wanted to know if additional cards could be produced.

Below is a link and some examples with Jay Johnstone.

Found this blog while doing research for a 1978 Progressive League.

Jay Johnstone is a much traveled player from this era, and a current member of my Oakland Team's roster.

Bobw's Custom Baseball Cards

" I've been collecting baseball images for many years and decided to create some baseball cards and send them through the mail to the players pictured for their autographs. I also make cards for collectors.
"

Jay Johnstone

I had gotten Jay Johnstone back two months ago and in a note he asked if I could make a Cubs and Dodgers card for him. I made those two up and added a Phillies and another Angels card using a nice B&W photo of him making contact in the batting cage.

Below are some Topps regular issue cards from Johnstone's playing career.  1967 Topps,  1969 Topps,
                                                                                                                         1971 Topps,  1968 Topps

4/28/2013 2:48 AM (edited)
Posted by ooooohdoggie on 7/12/2007 7:54:00 PM (view original):

xfl outlaw is the one responsible for the pictures. I believe he used a photo editor such as Photo Shop.

http://www.xfloutlaw.blogspot.com/
This was part of my introduction to WhatifSports. xfl_outlaw had the Senators and provided a lot of color to our Big League Progressive.
He had a blog since it isn't always easy to post photos in the threads.
This was from the opening season of the Big League, started by seaphil, and run by rls1 for many seasons now. I had the Chicago Cubs and we had some very interesting ideas applied for us combining the goals of having teams similar to the Real Life 1969 Expansion season, as well as how to go forward as a Progressive League.

Below xfl_outlaw edited a Washington Cap on Oscar Gamble in the picture on the . On the right is a Topps 1976 baseball Card with an airbrushed Yankees Cap.
What's really scary is the fact that it took 5 minutes to edit Oscar's card to reflect his new home with the Senators - and it looks 1000x better than his actual '76 Topps card!
posted by XFL Outlaw

Quote: Originally Posted By xfl outlaw on 1/16/2005
thanks seaphil, thx for the compliment on my artwork. just posted a pic you might like: www.xfloutlaw.blogspot.com
Quote: Originally Posted By xfl outlaw on 12/31/2004

Breaking News from Milwaukee.

New Brewers owner Thomas Kienholz was shocked to receive the sudden resignation of Jackie Robinson, the first skipper in the history of the Brewers. The Brewers moved quickly to name as replacement however, as Frank Stallone stepped in to fill the unexpected vacancy.

"Stallone is a great fit for our team concept," stated Kienholz, "Look at the potential his brother has... I mean some of what Sly has will rub off on him, won't it?"

Frank Stallone was very excited about his teams chances for the upcoming season. "Ken Brett, Tommy Aaron, and Billy Conigliaro are the building blocks of a dynasty. If they're half as good as their brothers' then we're sure to be half as good as everyone else in the league."

Stallone also expressed confidence in the Brewers farm system, which includes highly touted prospects Ozzie Canseco, Mike Maddux, and Rudolph "The Red Nosed Unit" Johnson.

Reliving the Expansion Draft, this time prior to the 1970 season going from a 16 Team League to a 20 Team League.

Phases 1 & 2   Frozen 8 by Team 

plus 

1970 players drafted by the 4 Expansion Teams

1969 Detroit Nightmare

Brock, Lou
Cash, Dave
Jenkins, Fergie
Niekro, Phil

Mike Torrez, p  # 3

Allen, Dick
Dietz, Dick  
Melton,Bill
Staub,Rusty

Windy City Goodmen

Perez, Tony        
Wynn, Jim
Billingham, Jack
John, Tommy

Bill Russell, ss  # 6

Rudi, Joe  
Sanguillen, Manny
McDowell, Sam
Pappas, Milt

Baltimore Orioles

Kessinger, Don             
Coleman, Joe               
Ellis, Dock               
Wise, Rick

Lou Piniella, of  # 5

Colbert, Nate
Helms, Tommy
Money, Don
Murphy, Tom

Chicago Cha Cha

Davis, Willie
Oliver, Al
Tovar, Cesar
Niekro, Joe

Stan Bahnsen, p  # 13 

May, Carlos
Culp, Ray
Siebert, Sonny
Stoneman, Bill

Cincinnati Clowns

Johnson, Davey
Munson, Thurman
Nettles, Graig
Otis, Amos

George Scott, 1b  # 14

Aparicio, Luis
Buford, Don
Bosman, Dick
Dierker, Larry 

Cleveland Rocks!

Williams, Billy
Peterson, Fritz
Ryan, Nolan
Singer, Bill

Vida Blue, p      # 1 

Oliver, Bob
Patek, Freddie 
Fryman, Woodie
Segui, Diego

Golden Gate Bridge 

Bonds, Bobby
Smith, Reggie
Drago, Dick
Pattin, Marty

Lee May, 1b  # 10

Alou, Matty
Millan, Felix
Blass, Steve
Hands, Bill 

Houston Hoggs

Carew, Rod
Stargell, Willie
Fingers, Rollie
Stottlemyre, Mel

Don Wilson, p  # 9

Hisle, Larry
Marshall, Mike
McGraw, Tug
Wright, Clyde

Los Angeles Dodgers

Monday, Rick
May, Rudy
Messersmith, Andy
Perry, Jim

Jim Kaat, p  # 7

Freehan, Bill
Hickman, Jim
Robinson, Brooks
Jarvis, Pat

New York Knicks

McCovey, Willie
Carlton, Steve
Cuellar, Mike
Perry, Gaylord

Dave Roberts, p  # 8 

Bando, Sal 
Mays, Willie 
Northrup, Jim 
Osteen, Claude

New York Mets

Yastrzemski, Carl  
Gibson, Bob
McNally, Dave
Tiant, Luis

Jim Lonborg, p  # 11

Beckert, Glenn 
Cardenal, Jose 
Santo, Ron
Rooker, Jim 

Oakland Ebonics 

Morgan, Joe
Rose, Pete
Nolan, Gary
Palmer, Jim

Bud Harrelson, ss  # 12

Henderson, Ken
Torre, Joe
Fisher, Eddie 
Taylor, Chuck

Pittsburgh Condors 

Robinson, Frank 
Hunter, Catfish
Reed, Ron
Sutton, Don

Ron Hunt, 2b  # 16 

Cardenas, Leo
Carty, Rico
Killebrew, Harmon  
Gentry, Gary

St. Louis Terriers

Jackson, Reggie
Parker, Wes  
Dobson, Pat
Wood, Wilbur

Jerry Koosman, p  # 2

Petrocelli, Rico  
Pinson, Vada 
Holtzman, Ken
Marichal, Juan 

The Hub

Aaron, Hank
Murcer, Bobby
Renko, Steve
Seaver, Tom

Aurelio Rodriguez, 3b  # 4

Hebner, Richie 
Watson, Bob 
Downing, Al 
Lyle, Sperky 

Washington Patriots

Bench, Johnny
Powell, Boog
White, Roy
Lolich, Mickey

Tony Oliva, of  # 15

Blair, Paul
Sizemore, Ted
Kirby, Clay
Stone, George

3/11/2013 11:26 PM
Posted by ooooohdoggie on 2/19/2013 12:22:00 PM (view original):

One of the things I had wanted to do was have a baseball card team set of my WhatIfSports Progressive Teams, people can use photo editing to make some very realistic Card Company styled baseball cards.

Some autograph collectors send vintage baseball cards to former players hoping they will autograph the cards and return them to the collector.

I recently came across a blog where a collector has made non distributed versions of baseball cards, similar in style, but not Card Company issued Trading Cards

Some of the former players have especially enjoyed receiving copies of their versions of these " custom " cards.

Players have occasionally asked for more cards to share with family, and even wanted to know if additional cards could be produced.

Below is a link and some examples with Jay Johnstone.

Found this blog while doing research for a 1978 Progressive League.

Jay Johnstone is a much traveled player from this era, and a current member of my Oakland Team's roster.

Bobw's Custom Baseball Cards

" I've been collecting baseball images for many years and decided to create some baseball cards and send them through the mail to the players pictured for their autographs. I also make cards for collectors.
"

Jay Johnstone

I had gotten Jay Johnstone back two months ago and in a note he asked if I could make a Cubs and Dodgers card for him. I made those two up and added a Phillies and another Angels card using a nice B&W photo of him making contact in the batting cage.

Below our some Topps regular issue cards from Johnstone's playing career.  1967 Topps,  1969 Topps,
                                                                                                                         1971 Topps,  1968 Topps

bump for 1970 Draft
3/11/2013 11:28 PM

Phases 1 & 2   Frozen 8 by Team 

plus 

1970 players drafted by the 4 Expansion Teams

posted in red

........................................................................................

1969 Detroit Nightmare

Brock, Lou
Cash, Dave
Jenkins, Fergie
Niekro, Phil

Mike Torrez, p    #  3

Allen, Dick
Dietz, Dick  
Melton,Bill
Staub,Rusty

Roberto Clemente, of    #  17

........................................................................................

Windy City Goodmen

Perez, Tony        
Wynn, Jim
Billingham, Jack
John, Tommy

Bill Russell, ss   #  6

Rudi, Joe  
Sanguillen, Manny
McDowell, Sam
Pappas, Milt

Cookie Rojas, 2B    #  26 

Baltimore Orioles

Kessinger, Don             
Coleman, Joe               
Ellis, Dock               
Wise, Rick

Lou Piniella, of    #   5

Colbert, Nate
Helms, Tommy
Money, Don
Murphy, Tom

Merv Rettenmund, OF    #  25

Chicago Cha Cha

Davis, Willie
Oliver, Al
Tovar, Cesar
Niekro, Joe

Stan Bahnsen, p  # 13 

May, Carlos
Culp, Ray
Siebert, Sonny
Stoneman, Bill

Jim Brewer, p    #    32

Cincinnati Clowns

Johnson, Davey
Munson, Thurman
Nettles, Graig
Otis, Amos

George Scott, 1b  # 14

Aparicio, Luis
Buford, Don
Bosman, Dick
Dierker, Larry

Del Unser, of    #    22 

Cleveland Rocks!

Williams, Billy
Peterson, Fritz
Ryan, Nolan
Singer, Bill

Vida Blue, p      #   1 

Oliver, Bob
Patek, Freddie 
Fryman, Woodie
Segui, Diego

Al Kaline, OF/1B    #    24

Golden Gate Bridge 

Bonds, Bobby
Smith, Reggie
Drago, Dick
Pattin, Marty

Lee May, 1b  # 10

Alou, Matty
Millan, Felix
Blass, Steve
Hands, Bill 

Bert Campaneris, ss    #    19 

Houston Hoggs

Carew, Rod
Stargell, Willie
Fingers, Rollie
Stottlemyre, Mel

Don Wilson, p  # 9

Hisle, Larry
Marshall, Mike
McGraw, Tug
Wright, Clyde

Tom Hall, p    #    30 

Los Angeles Dodgers

Monday, Rick
May, Rudy
Messersmith, Andy
Perry, Jim

Jim Kaat, p  # 7

Freehan, Bill
Hickman, Jim
Robinson, Brooks
Jarvis, Pat

Dave Giusti, P       #    27

New York Knicks

McCovey, Willie
Carlton, Steve
Cuellar, Mike
Perry, Gaylord

Dave Roberts, p  # 8 

Bando, Sal 
Mays, Willie 
Northrup, Jim 
Osteen, Claude

Bill Lee, p    #    18

New York Mets

Yastrzemski, Carl  
Gibson, Bob
McNally, Dave
Tiant, Luis

Jim Lonborg, p  # 11

Beckert, Glenn 
Cardenal, Jose 
Santo, Ron
Rooker, Jim 

Jerry Grote, c    #    23

Oakland Ebonics 

Morgan, Joe
Rose, Pete
Nolan, Gary
Palmer, Jim

Bud Harrelson, ss  # 12

Henderson, Ken
Torre, Joe
Fisher, Eddie 
Taylor, Chuck

Jay Johnstone, of    #    21 

Pittsburgh Condors 

Robinson, Frank 
Hunter, Catfish
Reed, Ron
Sutton, Don

Ron Hunt, 2b  # 16 

Cardenas, Leo
Carty, Rico
Killebrew, Harmon  
Gentry, Gary

Bobby Tolan, OF    #    28

St. Louis Terriers

Jackson, Reggie
Parker, Wes  
Dobson, Pat
Wood, Wilbur

Jerry Koosman, p  # 2

Petrocelli, Rico  
Pinson, Vada 
Holtzman, Ken
Marichal, Juan 

Willie Horton, OF    #    29

The Hub

Aaron, Hank
Murcer, Bobby
Renko, Steve
Seaver, Tom

Aurelio Rodriguez, 3b  # 4

Hebner, Richie 
Watson, Bob 
Downing, Al 
Lyle, Sperky 

Cito Gaston, of    #    20

Washington Patriots

Bench, Johnny
Powell, Boog
White, Roy
Lolich, Mickey

Tony Oliva, of  # 15

Blair, Paul
Sizemore, Ted
Kirby, Clay
Stone, George

Bob Moose, p    #    31 

Phase Two:  Rounds 5-8 --- March 11-12   ( Unofficial )

Round Five

17.  Minnesota (ooooohdoggie)                              Roberto Clemente, of  #17       (Det)
     18.  Milwaukee (seaphil)                                          Bill Lee, p  #18       (NYK)
     19.  Atlanta (cpdpoet)                                             Bert Campaneris, ss  #19       (GG)
     20.  San Diego (blues322)                                     Cito Gaston, of  #20       ( Hub )
Round Six
     21.  San Diego (blues322)                                     Jay Johnstone, of  #21       ( Oak )
     22.  Atlanta (cpdpoet)                                           Del Unser, of  #22       ( Cin ) 
     23.  Milwaukee (seaphil)                                       Jerry Grote, c  #23       ( NYM )
     24.  Minnesota (ooooohdoggie)                            Al Kaline, OF/1B  #24       ( Cle )
Round Seven
     25.  Minnesota (ooooohdoggie)                           Merv Rettenmund, OF  #25      ( Balt )
     26.  Milwaukee (seaphil)                                       Cookie Rojas, 2B  #26       ( WC )
     27.  Atlanta (cpdpoet)                                          Dave Giusti, P  #27       ( LA )
     28.  San Diego (blues322)                                   Bobby Tolan, OF  #28      ( Pitt  )
Round Eight
     29.  San Diego (blues322)                                   Willie Horton, OF  #29      ( St. L )
     30.  Atlanta (cpdpoet)                                          Tom Hall, p  #30      ( Hou )
     31.  Milwaukee (seaphil)                                      Bob Moose, p  #31      ( Wash ) 
     32.  Minnesota (ooooohdoggie)                          Jim Brewer, p  #32       (Chi )

3/16/2013 10:09 PM

Commissioner crustydoc's  Progressive considered  expanding prior to the 1969 Progressive Season.

Agreeing on the method wasn't so easy and some owners talked about leaving. 

But eventually they came to a consensus and they allowed for more time for preparation by pushing back the Expansion for one Sim Season.

So they are now adding 4 1970 Expansion Teams as the 1969 Regular season is winding down.

I have the Minnesota expansion team that is set to be part of the 5 team American League West.

crustydoc's post outlining the League's plans  - 

We will have a separate expansion draft, to be held as soon as possible after game #120 of the 1969 season. My hope is that we can complete it, once it gets started, within a week’s time and then move on to the 1970 rookie draft.

Each existing owner will freeze 4 players.  The expansion owners will draft for 4 rounds, in snake order (1-2-3-4-4-3-2-1), from the remaining pool.  The expansion draft order will be selected randomly. No existing owner will be permitted to lose more than one player.

This process is repeated five times. At the end of it, each expansion owner would ostensibly have four of the 5th most valuable players from existing teams in the league, four of the 10th most valuable, and so on. Every owner in the league would own the rights to 20 players, except those returning owners who have retiring players.

At the conclusion of the expansion draft, each of the 20 teams would post a keeper list. Expansion teams may choose not to retain all their selections from the expansion draft.  I would expect significant trading activity at this point.

Draft order for the 1970 rookie draft will be unique. The expansion teams will own picks 1-4 in the first round, 9-12 in the second round, 17-20 in the third round, 1-4 in the fourth round, and so on.  Their draft order will be reversed from the expansion draft. Returning teams would draft in their regular order, but in different slots (5-20 in the first round, 1-8, 13-20 in the second, 1-16 in the third, 5-20 in the fourth, and so on).

I will offer existing owners the opportunity to give up their teams and become an expansion owner.

We will follow Alternate WIS Format F --- essentially what we have now, but adding one team to each division.

We will keep a salary cap.  We are currently at $90 million, and only one or two of us in any given season get anywhere near it.  When we go to 20 teams, our cap will drop to $85 million. 

When we go to 20 teams, we will return to below-average sim-generated AAA players.

Assuming we can find four more good owners --- and I am sure that we can, given enough time --- my only concern is making the playing field as level as I can. I don’t want to decimate existing teams, and I want to give new teams a chance to compete quickly.  Balance is the key.

I hope everyone will stay with us.  If you decide not to, I would appreciate your letting me know immediately after the 1969 draft.

3/16/2013 10:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11|12 Next ▸
Hyperlinks and pictures Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.