D-III Dynasties Topic

I am putting together a list like Alblack's for Wooden D-III dynasties. The list will show up here at the conclusion of the NT for this season. If you did not qualify for the postseason (NT or PT) this season, but did the past 3 or 4 seasons and want to be considered, let me know. I will try to keep this up and running in the future, too.
9/23/2006 2:11 PM
OK-- will have the ratings up tomorrow. SUNY-New Paltz is playing for 1st in the rankings in tonight's championship game.
9/26/2006 11:56 AM
Thanks for adding to the pressure. Don't forget camrun and Anderson, that's who I'm trying to model my program after.
9/26/2006 2:21 PM
I would think the undefeated season and National Championship would be enough.
9/26/2006 3:03 PM
Don't get me wrong I've had a good run this year, and win or lose it's been a tremendous season, but camrun is always a contender for the national title. I think we all would like to have a Duke type of program no matter what the level.
9/26/2006 4:32 PM
except for us UNC fans...
9/26/2006 6:10 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
9/27/2006 4:43 PM
The above list is the current top 25 dynasties in Wooden, D-III according to my formula, which was adapted from Alblack's formula that is used in at least a couple of worlds. This list only considers results from the last 5 seasons, and you must have played in the postseason 4 of the last 5 years to qualify (which is why two of this year's final four teams are not in). These are the only teams I found that qualify-- let me know if I missed someone.
I am working on a longer-history set-up that will go back 10 seasons, and should change the order of this list considerably.
9/27/2006 4:47 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
9/27/2006 4:50 PM
9/27/2006 5:25 PM
Good job!
9/28/2006 8:58 AM
thanks for doing this. My squad, Lycoming, has got some serious reloading to do so hopefully we can stay within the top 20.
9/28/2006 10:29 AM
Chicago has a chance to get in next year's rankings. After coming on board in season 1 w/ 11 open scholarships, then falling just short in my CT finals in season 2, I've made the NT each of the last 3 seasons. It will be a challenge to make the NT next year, but I never thought I'd make it this year after losing my initial 6 man recruiting class.
The Upstate conference has a couple of developing dynasties. A lot of rebuilding was done this year as many of us came in at the same time into near complete rebuilds. However we held the top conference rpi slot in the previous 2 seasons for whatever its worth. We should be back in the top 10-15 next season, then challenging for the top spot the following years.
9/28/2006 11:56 AM
Are any of these dynasties interested in setting up a home & home w/ Chicago for the next 2 seasons, and perhaps beyond? I'll probably take a small step back this year, but hope to make the PI. Should be NT bound each of the next 2 seasons.
10/3/2006 10:33 AM
My hope is that eventually we can get a non-con tourney going like the Marietta challenge in Naismith-- the top teams play each other on a regular basis, and it has certainly not hurt them. I think they have even expanded it into a two-tiered system this season... but I am way too lazy to set it up.
10/3/2006 11:32 AM
1|2|3...79 Next ▸
D-III Dynasties Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.