D-III Dynasties Topic

I had forgotten that it was Calvin that knocked me out last night. Now my "its time to get revenge" pre-game speech can be pulled out of the closet. Too bad that one doesn't work so well.

Good luck, perhaps we should make this a regular season thing, I'm always looking for good coaches/teams to add to my OOC schedule.

On not being ranked...I've pretty well gotten used to it, as it happens more often than it would in real life. We're typically in the top 5 SOS each season, and as such we definently take our lumps more than other teams of similar talent. In addition, w/ the recent penalty for late season losses, we almost always drop a game or 2 down the stretch, and rarely win our CT. Just too much competition in the Upstate each year. As such, we head into the NT under-ranked and w/ less wins than the average NT squad. Heck we made the final 4 one season and didn't end the season ranked, we'll get over it. Give me a championship and they can keep their rankings :)
10/16/2008 1:35 PM
not too excited about my matchup with Brandeis
10/16/2008 2:25 PM
How or what do I need to get on this list?
10/16/2008 3:48 PM
Sorry wrong user id
10/16/2008 3:50 PM
it's something like 4 of the last 5 seasons making the post season and you get points for wins in the NT and PIT - something like that...it's based a bit more on consistently making it each year over how well you did in one single year
10/16/2008 4:00 PM
I have 4 of last 5 in nt and just pi this year?
10/16/2008 4:21 PM
site mail wronoj - he's got all the specs - they might be posted in an earlier page as well if you have time to look through them
10/16/2008 4:37 PM
having missed the postseason last year (w/ a different coach) and this season, you'll have 4 seasons before you're eligible. You should have been on the list after last season, but most of your appearances were 1st round PI losses, so Washburn would have been at the very bottom of the list and wronoj may not have bothered w/ them since they've had 3 different coaches in 3 seasons.

good luck if you stick around attempting to get them back on the list. Its one of the things that makes D3 wooden enjoyable.
10/16/2008 5:08 PM
taz, I'd be up for working Chicago into the schedule. I'll try and remember when scheduling comes around in a couple weeks.

Course if you blast Calvin out of the water tonight I may reconsider :).
10/16/2008 6:24 PM
under your brip87 ID, McMurry will get in this season. somewhere a few pages back (page 49) is a list of teams who had a chance to make it this season with postseason appearances. I am sure McMurry is in, though.

Not sure how i missed Washburn on your other ID, though. They are out now, but should have been in. Makes me wonder if I am missing anyone else...

EDIT: nevermind, i'm an idiot-- Washburn's a D-II team. McMurry will be there in a week or so when I everything ends and I get around to the list.
10/16/2008 6:28 PM
Ya washburn sucks I just am rebuilding them. If your gonna add add sull ross in my conf I didnt see them and take off hood they have fell off the last 2 years. thx guys look forward to playing you all in future seasons.
10/16/2008 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By wronoj on 9/03/2008
you all should SM nfentre and see if he would be willing to come in and take it over. not sure why he Emory, but if it was conference boredom, he would be a great person to add.

I am E-8 for life.

it was not conference boredom, but HD sim engine crappiness.
10/16/2008 7:56 PM
that is much worse.
10/16/2008 8:09 PM
gg earnerlihp. That win moves us into sole possesion of third place on the all time Wooden D3 NT win list. But you know what's better than 3rd place? 2nd place mulder613 & his Montclair St squad. Clearly he knows what he's doing and now must be feared as the best remaining squad in D3. Heck even WIS agrees, and has him #1, he can't be beat, bet the house.
10/17/2008 8:17 AM
really really really struggled with and now regret going uptempo last night...i saw 5-6 FR on his bench getting time and thought i could exploit it...did win the REB battle but got killed on the TOs...i shot 50% from 3pts all season but went ice cold in the NT...i just still don't handle the press well - two OT games to Cabrini earlier this year proved that...i got burned bad on this one...

i made my S16 goal though - if i can get enough minutes to my current SO class, i think i can make another run at the title in 2 seasons - we'll see...

good luck to the remaining teams
10/17/2008 8:39 AM
◂ Prev 1...67|68|69|70|71...79 Next ▸
D-III Dynasties Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.