D-III Dynasties Topic

Woo hoo, into the top 25. Now the challenge is to stay there while figuring out these potential shenanigans.
12/16/2008 1:05 PM
#4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 22, 23

my 12 game OCC schedule? no. the Top 25 schools that are in my recruiting area. with the addition of FSS, recruiting (for me) has become a bit more local and the there are less gems.

With nearly half of this list being in the same recruiting zone as each other, i can see the next few years getting bloody and lots of enemies made. I already had to battle wronoj for a recruit. If anything, at least this will add more fuel to OCC/NT mettings.

Whats even worse, is that there are another 60+ DIII schools in this area that are not on the list.
12/17/2008 1:06 PM
another hotbet, is the Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin area. there are quite a few midwest schools all within shouting distance of each other too.

12/17/2008 1:07 PM
i don't know why they ask us to play by the same rules in DIII as we do in DII and DI but yet give us the same money...DIII recruiting is a joke now...there's so much more luck now...

my decision to leave Arcadia at the end of this year was not based on recruiting or future stars but if i had been on the fence before, there is no way i would continue playing this game in DIII with the money they give us to recruit with...
12/17/2008 3:29 PM
i personally think they should kill FSS in DIII.
12/17/2008 3:59 PM
In all seriousness, this has got me thinking of cutting Chicago. I used to enjoy recruiting, now all I look at is one piece of crap after another, or kids that won't ever improve. I've hardly seen any SGs or PGs w/ high PE potential. How many of the average ones will go thru 1 practice then have your AC tell ya they're now low potential.

At the begining of recruiting, I was thinking of cutting one of the sophs, to fill the spot w/ a high potential player. I haven't seen that kid yet, so thankfully noone was cut. Gonna be interesting to see how this all unfolds.
12/17/2008 4:24 PM
awhile back some of us in one of the forums discussed how DIII should be like a starter world for the rest of HD...meaning have some but not all of the rules/features as DII and I - as you move up you get to see more of the game and you get more money to spend too...they should killed potential and FSS in DIII and added it only for DII and I...it would have been easy really - basically anyone signed in DIII immediately reverts to an "average" potential player in all categories...pretty simple really...

i just don't get what they possibly were thinking generating a lot of bad potential kids and not giving DIII more money to use...two major kisses of death

on my end, i actually had two great recruits (locals inside of 10 miles) i am letting one of them go to another school because i am not coming back...both of my would be signings were pretty good potential from what i saw - but it was ALL luck...not from saving money, not from being smart - just got lucky they were generated close to me...i can't imagine what it would be like to have to spend a few thousand on FSS and then have to recruit 1000s of miles away if you were in at remote school...

i can almost promise the dynasty list is going to look really crazy in 3-4 season
12/17/2008 4:33 PM
jj, i agree completely, just posted something similar in the main forum thread...
12/17/2008 4:51 PM
hey where are you at in DII in Wooden? i might actually move up to DII - toby is thinking about joining me in a season or two so i migth not drop Arcadia completely but rather move up to DII - didn't you have a team under donger i think it was? or is that your DI?
12/17/2008 5:02 PM
I don't know if I have the same kind of perspective as any of you, since I'm relatively inexperienced by comparison, and the first year of potential just happened to coincide with me winning the national title... but I figure there are a few certain consequences at the D3 level:

- It's not that difficult to find PGs, C/PF, and athletes. Combine that with the fact that EVERYONE has high potential stamina, and the press is going to dominate again.

- It is impossible to find good shooters and versatile SFs. The small forward position will become obsolete if this continues for 4 years.

- The quality of defense, FT%, and assist-turnover ratio is going to increase SUBSTANTIALLY, making gameplanning more important. (That is to say, you won't be able to win on superior talent alone, because the games won't be as sloppy.)

- Either FSS needs to be re-priced, or schools need more money per roster spot. (My suggestion would be a minimum $7,500 for every school, so the 1-2 spot classes won't be so severely penalized, as well as a bigger discount for buying states in bulk.)

- The difference between the haves and the have-nots will increase exponentially, because the A prestige schools have a significantly better talent pool to choose from. It used to be that you could find gems with C- prestige, as long as you had a specific design for your team, and you practiced efficiently. With so few D3 players having good potential, the "diamonds in the rough" that Potential was supposed to create are only available to the upper 1%.

- Even experienced coaches will end up with walkons.

- Many people will either quit the game or move up to D2. (Didn't D2 used to be a wasteland?)

But, all that said, I did well, so I'm happy... for now.
12/17/2008 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By jjboogie on 12/17/2008hey where are you at in DII in Wooden? i might actually move up to DII - toby is thinking about joining me in a season or two so i migth not drop Arcadia completely but rather move up to DII - didn't you have a team under donger i think it was? or is that your DI
do it. my ID is thedonger. I am in the Carolinas-Virginias AC, along with lucius (moved up from Union this season) and 2 other alternate ID folks from here. we have had a good conference for a while-- adding another good coach or two would make it even better.
12/17/2008 5:39 PM
i may do that - i'll hit you up at the end of the season - hopefully a good school in your conference becomes available...i'll keep an eye on it
12/18/2008 7:42 AM
Wow, I think FSS is great at every level!

In real life, D3 schools get most if not all of their recruits within a close radius. Few d3 schools have the funds for or access to FSS.

I decided this season RPI would be an exception after seeing the quality of local recruits ratings. I then used FSS around the country with a recruit or several that interested me. Cost a lot of the budget for a d3 school as it should! It was a calculated gamble that could and often will backfire.

And there should be very few d3 recruits with High potentials- those recruits should be in d2 or d1.

Play it out over a few seasons before talking about leaving d3...same silly things being said in GD with the changes there. Change is scary to most, granted, but come on fellas.

12/18/2008 9:45 AM
After my first time recruiting (not very successfully, I might add) with FSS I agree with joehoyasaxa. DIII recruits ought to have less potential: that's why they're DIII recruits!

It will certainly change the way I recruit, but that is not an inherently bad thing. I see it as a different kind of challenge.

12/18/2008 6:51 PM
well, in the spirit of jjboogie, i am here to express my doubts that I will be able to continue any of my streaks this season: conference division titles (19), NT appearances (12), or postseason appearances (19).
12/19/2008 12:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...73|74|75|76|77...79 Next ▸
D-III Dynasties Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.