MLD World Thread #2 Topic

I'd vote Option A, but can I suggest a slight change to it. As drg330 said, rules are rules, so how about Option A, let them go through this season with the player, but since they used an illegal FP for 2 seasons, they are not allowed to have one for the next 1 or 2 seasons as punishment? It won't affect him for this year, but there still be will be consequences for not following the rules.
8/4/2010 6:34 AM
I think SAK has a good idea there, very much worth consideration.

(BTW... mea culpa... I recall now... last night's post was rather late... I did throw together a review of all the league's Franchise Players before last season, didn't I?  And I did go over each player's player card, but only with an eye to reviewing salaries which were current.  I did not think to check for FP eligibility at the time, so I am at least complicit in this oversight.  Sorry guys.)

8/4/2010 7:45 AM

I also vote option A.  Also while this topic has been brought up, and I forgot to name my teams FP, let me take this opportunity to name Bo Pulju as Wyandottes FP.

8/4/2010 7:51 AM
I agree god_mike on the player issue, I was just thinking about that  in the slim case that someone may only have 1 or 2 picks in a year I think I am going to have to go with option B on the vote
8/4/2010 10:54 AM
i vote for option A.  it's an easy mistake to make.
8/4/2010 11:26 AM
Option A
8/4/2010 1:16 PM
Option A also.
8/4/2010 6:28 PM
Wildcats new FP.....goaltender Curt Nemec.
8/4/2010 6:29 PM
As far as using goaltenders in the playoffs, I think the two with the most TOI in the regular season should be used. Easiest to enforce also.
8/4/2010 6:35 PM
Option A Wins!  (8 votes first)

A Votes(9)
okp
blee
corbs
damag
sak
max
godmike
smeric
vicpat

B Votes(2)
drg
bremiro

Is a penalty really necessary?  The GM, who as mentioned is somewhat new to the MLD, would have made a legal FP choice if they had known that specific rule was in place.  There was no intent to deceive or cheat, just a fellow MLD GM looking to hang onto their best player for a few extra seasons.
8/5/2010 12:28 AM
The player now has to bear the shame of being "that guy."  He'll be booed throughout the MLD arenas.  He's like our Kovalchuk. 

8/5/2010 7:38 AM
Looks like Mike (gollum) didn't drop one of the players that he should have during the draft, so Winnipeg Jets are forced to drop [C] Mick Makivirta and carry a roster of only 34 this season.  We also would like to announce [G] Varghese Rangarajan as our FP for this season (please let me know if there are any special FP rules other than retirement).
10/6/2010 10:55 AM (edited)

Aliens name LW Juha Himoinen as their new FP.

10/6/2010 7:16 PM
Cowboys new FP is C Mikko Heinimaki
10/7/2010 10:25 AM
Anoka names D Willie Simo as their new FP.
10/8/2010 8:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...52|53|54|55|56...63 Next ▸
MLD World Thread #2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.