4/26/2008 12:37 PM
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
4/26/2008 12:38 PM
That is a labor of love csherwood.

I'm in divisions with Threester (NQ II), Itsmedennis (Cochrane), Tinmanpb (Clemens*), and Baldric (7Mickey7). I'm all for a little competition, but I may be overdoing it.

4/26/2008 11:42 PM
Leagues in S8 with no repeat champs (12/62=19%)
Cobb
Edmonds
Evangeline League
F.Y.C.
Gibson
Greenberg
Hornsby
Mathewson
Ott*
Ruth
S.L.L.A.*
Williams*

Leagues in S7 with no repeat champions (4/19=21%)
Fizworld
LOCO
Stargell
Wright

Leagues in S6 with no repeat champions (2/9=22%)
Mike Squires
Schtickless 2

Leagues in S5 with no repeat champions (4/10=40%)
7Mickey Mantle7
Bricklayers II
M.L.H.B.
Pete Rose

Leagues in S4 with no repeat champions (7/10=70%)
Clemens*
Continental League
Feller
Field of Dreams
Minor Leagues
Sandlot
Uecker

Leagues in S3 with no repeat champions (11/13=85%)
Boggs
Boston Tea Party
Dimaggio
Glavine300
Hall of Fame
Kinsella
Major Leagues
Puckett
Snider
USMLB
Wrigleyville

*indicates one franchise won multiple times, but with different owners

Also, there are currently 8 leagues in S2 and 10 in S1. Seems that league creation has been incredibly consistant averaging almost 1 new league every 9 days. Pretty impressive rate really, wonder when it's going to slow down. Also wonder what world will go the longest without duplicate WS champs...
4/28/2008 9:33 PM
I think Edmonds COULD keep it going for a couple more seasons. Gator993's team has never done worse than 94 wins and is off to a 15-8 start, Ant013's team has never done worse than 88 wins and is also off to a 15-8 start, he's got a WS ring in Pete Rose. Polley070's team is a consistant 90+ win team as well with no WS ring (though he's got one from Moonlight Graham), and HuskyBoy's team usually lands in the 90's as well yet doesn't have a WS ring. After many seasons of rebuilding a decimated franchise Bimininole has a young team that should win 90+ for several seasons to come. I could see any of those 5 winning the next couple WS, and there are 3-4 other teams that are young wild card contenders currently that could pull an upset too.

On the other hand... mfkidd, darrenpv, blitz and axtell are all off to nice starts and always have competitive teams, and spudley and phillies26 I believe both have good teams as well but are hovering around .500 in hard divisions right now. My team is in rebuild mode but good enough that with some luck I could sneak into the playoffs and with more luck win another WS. That's a lot of luck though, and I'm really the only former WS winner that doesn't have a decent chance at winning this season.
4/28/2008 10:00 PM
Would also be interesting to see how many external WS winners each world has. Don't know how you'd do that other than each league submitting theirs though.

Edmonds has 6 (axtell 3, polley070 1, dyoungquist 1, ant013 1), making 10/32 owners that have won a WS at some point. Not bad I imagine.
4/28/2008 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rojorider on 4/28/2008Would also be interesting to see how many external WS winners each world has. Don't know how you'd do that other than each league submitting theirs though.

Edmonds has 6 (axtell 3, polley070 1, dyoungquist 1, ant013 1), making 10/32 owners that have won a WS at some point. Not bad I imagine.

26/32 Moneyball owners have won a championship in another league. I dont think any other league comes close.
4/28/2008 10:17 PM
ruth will have a repeat champion (jakurus or toddcommish)
4/28/2008 10:22 PM
Edmonds wasnt built around the draw of "elite" world (its actaully a forum posted password world from when HBD was just getting off the ground. Got lucky with a good group of guys and continued to add quality owners every year to the point where we have little to no turnover ). Most of the owners with titles have done so in other worlds since joining Edmonds.

It is one of the "elite" worlds that does not get the pub that others get.
4/29/2008 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By gator993 on 4/29/2008
Edmonds wasnt built around the draw of "elite" world (its actaully a forum posted password world from when HBD was just getting off the ground. Got lucky with a good group of guys and continued to add quality owners every year to the point where we have little to no turnover ). Most of the owners with titles have done so in other worlds since joining Edmonds.

It is one of the "elite" worlds that does not get the pub that others get.

Not to say anything bad about Edmonds, I dont know anything about the world honestly, but I dont think that the lack of a repeat champion has anything to do with whether or not a world is Elite. I believe that I am in several of the top elite worlds out there, and two of them (Cooperstown and NABCL) have both seen repeat champions already. Coop in fact had a three-peat by jakaitis.
4/29/2008 10:21 AM
jakurus wins season 8 of ruth.
4/29/2008 10:24 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...16 Next ▸
World Series Champions List Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.