r0b0t and Christian Slater discuss music Topic

New Deerhunter is great. You should all check out the new Wavves album, it made my top 5 list for the year.
10/21/2010 9:26 AM
why not just **** a reverb pedal and get it over with?
10/24/2010 7:38 PM
Either of you listen to Alive In Wild Paint or Love Drug? Someone suggested it to me.
11/5/2010 10:28 AM
No.

I will try and remember to download them after a sample.

Recommend me a track to sample.
11/5/2010 2:19 PM
Posted by patrickm885 on 10/21/2010 9:26:00 AM (view original):
New Deerhunter is great. You should all check out the new Wavves album, it made my top 5 list for the year.
Definitely on Deerhunter...that's something special.  The Wavves...I mean, it's good...but I feel like I've heard that sound a lot recently, and done better, too.  Definitely a good listen thought.
11/5/2010 9:05 PM
Yeah.  Deerhunter is solid.
11/8/2010 10:16 AM
Going to see Minus the Bear in a couple of weeks, should be awesome.

Saw a super small show of Born Ruffians a week or so ago.  It took me a long time to warm up to them but I really like them now and it was a great show.  Last one on their tour so they went all out.

The second opening band was some group called Meligrove Band.  They were really awesome.  I ended up buying the album at the show and it wasn't nearly as good as the live performance but still solid.  Worth a listen.
11/8/2010 10:18 AM
The new Sufjan Stevens album is remarkable. Also, any of you guys ever heard of the band ****** Jeans? They are loud and also pretty awesome.
11/11/2010 2:40 PM
I just can't get into Sufjan Stevens...I've tried...it's just too pretentious for even me...which is saying something.

Patrick--I'm in the process of getting screwed by HBD staff (you?)...help a brother out.  
11/11/2010 3:12 PM
Posted by robusk on 11/8/2010 10:18:00 AM (view original):

Saw a super small show of Born Ruffians a week or so ago.  It took me a long time to warm up to them but I really like them now and it was a great show.  Last one on their tour so they went all out.

The second opening band was some group called Meligrove Band.  They were really awesome.  I ended up buying the album at the show and it wasn't nearly as good as the live performance but still solid.  Worth a listen.
Yeah, Born Ruffians are sneaking good.

You and me are of seriously different minds on Minus the Bear...
11/11/2010 3:13 PM
Posted by rlahann on 11/11/2010 3:12:00 PM (view original):
I just can't get into Sufjan Stevens...I've tried...it's just too pretentious for even me...which is saying something.

Patrick--I'm in the process of getting screwed by HBD staff (you?)...help a brother out.  
'splain the second.
11/11/2010 3:18 PM
Posted by rlahann on 11/11/2010 3:13:00 PM (view original):

Do I think they present a unique sound, no?
They sound like most other poppy indie bands.

That being said, they still are damned talented and have enough songs that are catchy that I think it will be a solid live show.   I think their sound lends itself better to live performance than most bands.
11/11/2010 3:21 PM
Posted by robusk on 11/11/2010 3:18:00 PM (view original):

'splain the second.
I committed an act of what could appear as collusion...but was really just trying to work around my league and their dumbass no cash deals rule--I had a dude do some sign and trades...which just happened to include some of my type-B's.

Got turned into HBD staff who overreacted and took away ALL of my comp picks...including those that had nothing to do with the sign and trade.
11/11/2010 3:26 PM
Posted by robusk on 11/11/2010 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rlahann on 11/11/2010 3:13:00 PM (view original):

Do I think they present a unique sound, no?
They sound like most other poppy indie bands.

That being said, they still are damned talented and have enough songs that are catchy that I think it will be a solid live show.   I think their sound lends itself better to live performance than most bands.
Yeah, I've got plenty of bands like that...at some point it just comes down to your taste in pop.
11/11/2010 3:27 PM
Posted by rlahann on 11/11/2010 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 11/11/2010 3:18:00 PM (view original):

'splain the second.
I committed an act of what could appear as collusion...but was really just trying to work around my league and their dumbass no cash deals rule--I had a dude do some sign and trades...which just happened to include some of my type-B's.

Got turned into HBD staff who overreacted and took away ALL of my comp picks...including those that had nothing to do with the sign and trade.
Dang.  Weak.

What world?

Did they punish the other guy involved?

What tool cried about it?
11/11/2010 3:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...41|42|43|44|45...54 Next ▸
r0b0t and Christian Slater discuss music Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.