Daily Ration of Nonsense Topic

This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/3/2009 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By a_in_the_b on 2/03/2009

Again, we seem to have a fundamental disconnect. I want a game that behaves more like real life does.

duly noted - boring and beside the point

Which, statisticly, the game does.

actually this game does not behave at all like real life (real life is not a statistical simulation) it does not function at all like real life (real life is not subject to randomness - complexity yes, randomness not so much) and it's outputs are actually more variable than real life (by about 6% according to scuddy)- go play with sim match-up

However, as that isn't what you want we are never going to agree.

and if you post the same nonsense in here a third time I will redline you - you've had your say - quit repeating yourself

2/3/2009 8:20 PM
FIne. As you wish.

2/3/2009 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a_in_the_b on 2/03/2009Ash. .I could say the exact same thing.

But you, however, would be wrong. I understand your point. You don't understand monkee's. At least, you act like you don't.
2/4/2009 12:47 PM
I understand it, I just don't agree with it,.

But, again, whatever. As you wish. YOu want to be 'right' without interruption, that is fine with me.,
2/5/2009 6:15 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/5/2009 7:43 AM
Feelin it !!! lol
2/5/2009 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monkee on 2/05/2009
Marshall with a usage of 19 takes 31 shots while playing with 3 guys with usage of 25 - why?

He didn't use a -3 defense by any chance?
2/5/2009 3:35 PM
I'm actually not too surprised by that game Monkee. 25 usage and 19 are not huge differences. If you had real big time scorers like Jordan, kobe, mchale, etc. as opposed to magic and marques johnson, then it would be surprising.

Plus, Marshall played 41 minutes while only 1 of the 3 25usage guys played more, so he was the primary or secondary option for a large amount of minutes.
2/6/2009 10:07 AM
I would think it meant that there were at least 2 guys with higher distros on the floor with him at all times - and at his IRL per minute average he should have taken 14 shots
2/6/2009 10:53 AM
I'm a big fan of the randomness from game to game. I think that the game does a good job of balancing out those things from beginning to end of the year.

What I did find interesting was that he never took more than 19 shots in any game that season (his career high was 26)... probably doesn't mean anything in the long run, and it has to hurt to have his 52% efg toss up brick after brick....
2/6/2009 6:25 PM
Does anyone else think that assists are way too high?
2/6/2009 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By colonels19 on 2/06/2009Does anyone else think that assists are way too high
I've noticed the assists for a while now.. With this current version, average assists are near 30 per game while that used to be about the highest in a 42 mil league. Now, guys are averaging 33-35 per game, no problem. Offensively speaking, the sim has pretty much opened up D'antoni-style.
2/7/2009 12:02 AM
2/7/2009 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by colonels19 on 2/06/2009Does anyone else think that assists are way too high?

I don't think they are too high.
I know they're too high.
2/7/2009 3:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...30 Next ▸
Daily Ration of Nonsense Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.