World/Commissioner List Topic

PUCKETT

Seasons 1-5 had an average of about 5-6 openings per season until I took over this season(which I intend to lower). Added a blog to which I contribute to. No restrictions whatsoever but we are selective as to who can join and more active than most worlds as far as trading and chat go. Random Q & A with 4-5 owners per season.

Rules

Anti-tanking rule in place.
2/24/2009 5:03 PM
HOMETOWN

Now in Season 7 I've been commish for 3 or 4 seasons (took over for erffdogg.) We've had low turnover the last two seasons at 3 and 6 respectively. We're looking for new owners to have at least 1-2 seasons of experience, and I also look into the owner's draft, and trade history, as well as past record. Positive activity in the world chat is a plus. We've had past problems with world chat drama but it has been excellent thus far this season. The veteran owners added over the past couple seasons really helped with that, and have also improved our parity.
2/24/2009 6:32 PM
Alexander

Basically just a very solid world. Owners are screened so no well-known diseases or habitual one-and-doners are allowed in. New players are welcome, as the world is chock-full of helpful, friendly veteran owners. Consistent low turnover. No special rules.
2/24/2009 8:47 PM
The Jersey League

Now in it's 7th season, this world been one of the more energetic places in HBD. Surviving scandal in season one (the billysooner incident) and enjoying solid ownership each season has allowed the wolrd to flourish.

We also have a blog with several contributing members.

The owners here are very helpful, and the chat lively and respectful.
2/24/2009 8:55 PM
DOUBLEDAY

Going into season 4

Requirements: Must use classic team name from the city you pick.

A committee to help make decisions on tough issues so we can get the best possible results.. All committee members were voted in by other owners in the world.

We have a very active blog with a chat room built in to allow owners to discuss whatever they want to live instead of having to Trade Chat back and forth. Very active owners with experience.
2/24/2009 10:01 PM
Caray world.

A world that was created to introduce successful Gridiron Dynasty players to Hardball Dynasty and give them a chance to learn the game with other experienced successful Gridiron Dynasty players.
2/24/2009 10:01 PM
Dream League

You must be able to keep up with the five pages of daily chatter, and you must have thick skin and a sense of humor.
2/24/2009 10:07 PM
The Show II

I am not sure what will be requirements (if any) for this league as it was the first merged world from Abbott (where I was commish) and The Show. The former commish of The Show dropped out. so by default, WIS set me as commish.
Most likely HBD history will be a factor, new players are welcome.
The world has proven to be competitive and there seems to be a good group of owners who are committed to their teams and the world.
2/24/2009 10:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Outrageous hitting parks are banned.

Relocation is restricted.

Team naming guidelines make it a bit of a theme league.

New owners are screened by me with support from the league.
2/25/2009 12:31 AM
Joey Belle

We've just started Season 11 with a great group of long-time owners (8 originals) and a promising crop of newcomers. We have a very active World Chat and a new blog. No official "additional rules" at this point, although this year we did start screening new owners.

See the blog here
2/25/2009 9:39 AM
Cal Ripken

I have been the Commish of this world for the past 3 seasons. We have a solid group of core owners that we have built over the past 3 seasons. There is an anti-tanking policy in place and tanking has never been a problem in this world. Retention is steadily improving as is the competition in the world. I am modeling the resurgence of this world after what ck1909 has done with Happy Jack.
2/25/2009 11:40 AM
Harold Reynolds

A world with a good base of core returning owners, and an absence of destroyed franchises (with a few exceptions that are already under long term ownership plans). Active board, with minimal buffonery. Good league for both vets and newcomers alike.
2/25/2009 11:49 AM
BallPark Franks

With 20+ original owners who are both competitive and smart assed, this world is more like a late night game of Texas Hold 'em in a dingy, dimly lit basement with a mini fridge full of ice cold Pabst Blue Ribbons. And hot dogs of course. You have to be able to take a joke in BPF, and absolutely not be easily offended.

Lots of stable, well cared for teams, pretty active trading, great league wide talent pool.

Many BPF owners say that this is their favorite world

Season Five fast approaching
2/25/2009 1:21 PM
Addicted Users

Entering Season 11, this is a strong league with a commited core of owners (8 originals). We were once the home of csherwood's "how to rebuild a disaster" team and have one of the best blogs going.

http://addictedusers.blogspot.com/
2/25/2009 5:50 PM
No Quitters!!!! formed with the request that owners commit for 3 years (hence the name). In the 15th season 12 owners have been in the league since the beginning. The league attempts to handle conflicts and issues quietly and behind the scene though this is not alway successful. As opposed to most low turnover private leagues we have taken rookies. Some of these rookies have been very successful while others have been dismal failures. The relative peace on the message board can be misleading - the league is very competitive and intense. No Quitters!! requires a sound understanding of HBD and MLB to be successful (which explains my inability to win a WS in this league)

While resorting to "the rules" seems unnecessary (The rules evolved in Sandberg and adapted by NO Quitters!!!! but have NEVER been necessary) they do exist: (updated/modified 4/16/2010): (1) 30M minimal player budget(spent), (2) no ML players playing grossly out of position, (3) competent major leaguers at the ML level, (4) no fatigue issues in the majors, and (5) minimum wins 54/1yr, 114/2yr, 186/3yr, (6) maintain minors to satisfaction of other owners (while no exact number of players is a requirement, starting the season with 29 players and 15 pitchers/level will automatically meet this guideline), (7) an owner may be given a 1 year "grace period" by the commish OR the vote of 10 owners (any owner can initiate the vote) (confirmed 4/18/2010 by league vote)EVERY new owner is asked to make a 3 year commitment
2/25/2009 9:00 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
World/Commissioner List Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.